SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

...And the VR sways in an SR upgrade begins...

17K views 114 replies 25 participants last post by  glocksrox18 
#1 ·
So I just received part of my tax return purchase yesterday. Ordered some upgraded V70R track sways for my 05 S60R. I decided I wanted to have more oversteer than the S60R track sways provide. I'm going to try and do a full installation and write up once I get a chance to install them but once I start working I tend to get caught up in working so I don't know how many pictures ill end up taking of the install. Ill try my best though! Also going to get around to installing my Snow Performance stage 2 meth injection kit which was my other tax return purchase :)

Pretty beefy rear sway :)

See less See more
#63 ·
My R has 91k miles and I'm going to install swaybars soon. it was long overdue :facepalm:

Should I swap swaybar links too?
What else would be make sense to do at the same time? I got a set of shocks/struts, but probably not ready as I don't have anything else (seats, bearing).. Or should I wait (again) until I have everything?
R is my only transportation and I cannot afford not to have it on the road during a work days.

#68 ·
If you read all the way through you will see that he installs the rear and gives a review then installs the front as well and give a review.

Btw glocksrox, thanks to you I will be doin VR sways at some point :)

#72 ·
These sway bars are just sitting in my room because I haven't gotten time to install them :( Hopefully I'll get them in this weekend! :D

The only thing I'm wondering is will the handling change so drastically that it'll catch me off-guard and put me in a spin? Any advice will help

Also, you have the lower UR braces, and I was wondering if it's worth getting those if I already have these?

#73 ·
These sway bars are just sitting in my room because I haven't gotten time to install them :( Hopefully I'll get them in this weekend! :D

The only thing I'm wondering is will the handling change so drastically that it'll catch me off-guard and put me in a spin? Any advice will help

Also, you have the lower UR braces, and I was wondering if it's worth getting those if I already have these?
For me the rear bar caught me off guard the first time I took a turn hard. But if you drive around for a while Just cruising and get a feel for it than you won't have an issue. I mean you shouldn't haha

And the lower braces help a little... But I got them during the group buy sale so I wouldn't have paid full price for them. Especially if you have the VR sways

#74 ·
For me the rear bar caught me off guard the first time I took a turn hard. But if you drive around for a while Just cruising and get a feel for it than you won't have an issue. I mean you shouldn't haha

And the lower braces help a little... But I got them during the group buy sale so I wouldn't have paid full price for them. Especially if you have the VR sways
I'll take it lightly at the beginning, and push it harder and harder as my comfort and skill level goes up with it. Was only concerned about getting unintentional oversteer completely catching me off-guard. I got the UR uppers but after seeing your review I chose the sways rather than completing the set with the uppers.

Thanks for your response!

#75 ·
Yeah the sways are a huge improvement but it's not like you'll be going around a bend on the highway and you oversteer out of control. You'll feel it around sharper turns or when you take a turn fast. Just don't rip the wheel all the way :)

#76 ·
Apparently the best set up for tracking an R is the stock front sway bar and the IPD 25mm Track Spec bar. I talked at length with OJS about it and with coil overs you can really dial things in and you don't want the front to have too stiff a setting. So if anyone else is thinking about upgrading to a VR bar, you could also consider going back to the stock front bar and seeing how that feels.

#77 ·
Yes when I had just the rear bar in it felt amazing. The front I didn't really feel an advantage over stock. I mentioned it earlier in the thread. But I don't track my car so I don't want to re do the front bar for almost no gain on the streets

#78 ·
See I have only rear v70r bar and like John said it feels great! Tho I feel the front needs some attention. So in the future the front bar will be going in and see if in fact it does nothing or doesn't help :)

#80 ·
Connor likes a tight rear end from what I hear...

And I would love to try out coilovers on our cars but that's too much money for me to justify

And I like my 4C :)

#79 ·
I just opened my VR sways from iPd right now. I'm excited to install them, but I'll definitely be waiting until it gets warmer. Reading this makes me wonder whether I should even bother with the front bar though.

#100 ·
Another thing to note with the RSB:

When entering parking lots that have an incline, the inside rear wheel lifts up off the ground.

3 wheelin' all day long

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.