what size rotors do I have? 2013 XC90
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

what size rotors do I have? 2013 XC90

Hello,

I have not been to Swedespeed in many years...

Just purchased a 2013 XC90 and I forgot about the black dust from the OEM pads...

We still have our 2005 XC90 and as soon as we got it we changed the pads to Akebono Euro pads and it has 35% of the pads still on it after 72,000 miles. And NO black dusts to clean.

Anyways, when I tried to buy new Akebono pads, I was given a choice for pads between the 328 mm and 316 mm rotors. The '05 has 316 mm rotors.

Has anyone changed their pads recently on the newer model XC90 and remember what size rotor is on the car?

Thank you in advance.

I found part of the answer. I waiting for confirmation that I need pads for 328 mm rotors.

Thanks.

I was under the impression that they are either 316 or 336 (sport/v8/rd)
      ------
      2012 S60 T-6 R-Design [Ice White/Black, Climate, Multimedia, BLIS, PCC] (His)
      2010 XC90 3.2 R-Design (Hers)

Read my thread about akebono parts, i did use 328mm pads for 2.5T. no dust at all!!!! And btw both pads looks the same size.
      S80 V8 AWD - XC90 2.5T - S60 T5 M 01(SOLD) - R-K24 Turbo, R-Manifold, R-charge pipe, ARD Blue custom flash, BSR catback, downpipe and intake, ARD TCV, IPD Coils and Pod, Snabb intake pipe, Xemodex ETM, FMIC, SPEC Stage 3+,Autometer SportCompII Gauge, Ipd upper mounts, Evolve hoses, Brembo 4 pistons big brake kits front and rear, OEM body kit, Bilstein HD with Eibach pro kit, R 18" wheels, 6000k hid kits up and fogs, 2006 bixenon

Quote Originally Posted by volvos60t5x View Post
      Read my thread about akebono parts, i did use 328mm pads for 2.5T. no dust at all!!!! And btw both pads looks the same size.
      What year is your 2.5T? Since we got her new we put on the pads for 316 mm rotors on our '05 (EUR979). I think the Akebono pads will make it to 100,000 mile mark.
      2005 XC90 FWD Black
      2001 MB E430 Black

Mine is 2005 2.5T FWD
      S80 V8 AWD - XC90 2.5T - S60 T5 M 01(SOLD) - R-K24 Turbo, R-Manifold, R-charge pipe, ARD Blue custom flash, BSR catback, downpipe and intake, ARD TCV, IPD Coils and Pod, Snabb intake pipe, Xemodex ETM, FMIC, SPEC Stage 3+,Autometer SportCompII Gauge, Ipd upper mounts, Evolve hoses, Brembo 4 pistons big brake kits front and rear, OEM body kit, Bilstein HD with Eibach pro kit, R 18" wheels, 6000k hid kits up and fogs, 2006 bixenon

Look at the brake rotors - if the vents in the center are visible, it's the larger rotor. If not, you have the smaller rotors.

You can see the part number stamped on the rotor "hat." You don't even need to take off the wheel to do so.

Look whats happen when service guy change from bigger to smaller disks. LOL
      I come crazy and of course made an reclamation and get a new pair of disks and brake pads.
      After few months noise was terrible...like Im killing pig...again reclamation. Bad very bad
      quality of disks.
      XC90 2.5T VOR AWD 06.06.2006 last 2.5T 190.000 km
      260 HP 410 Nm Chip + Software made in Holland

Quote Originally Posted by txag_xc90 View Post
      You can see the part number stamped on the rotor "hat." You don't even need to take off the wheel to do so.
      Yes - since it has only 100 miles I can see it... - but the part number 30793683 on the rotor was not recognized by any of the online parts store database. From my search here, someone posted the same # on their 2010 XC90.

I ordered a VIDA CD (only $12 on ebay) to see if I can figure it out... plus I will need it later for other use.
      2005 XC90 FWD Black
      2001 MB E430 Black