My car Volvo S40 1.6D (slow progress)
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

My car Volvo S40 1.6D (slow progress)

Hey guys!

I just wanted to show you my car, and get feedback. Im new to this forum, so go easy on me

The car is a 2008 Volvo S40 with an 1.6D

Homemade DRL's at the bottom front, and R-Design grill.
      Soon to be painted: lips, skirts and bottom doortrim

Here's some Pictures!

In random order

Give feedback!

-Paul

Love the color!
      2004.5 S40 T5 GT FWD Vrooooooom
      Konis - Elevate Sway Bar, TCV, CBV, Brake Kit - EST Strut Brace - Eibach Springs - 5000K DDM HID - Phuzzy Intercooler Vibratechnics Engine Torque Mount
      Black Midir wheels with 225/40 Continental DW Extreme Tuned / Pegasus with 235/45/17 Dunlop SP Winter Sport

Yeah, it's one of the reasons i bought it gonna paint the bottom to match, and paint all grilles glossy black

I like the connection of the LED with the other low beam light very much but I must admit it looks a lot nicer at night/evening.
      If it was on my car I would have recessed them inside the none-fog covers so it's not so dominant during the day.
      T5 S40 Greg (05) > 1. 2. 3. | Kenwood interface |Viva 3"DP |EST exhaust |RICA stage 2+ |EST trust brace |Elevate sway bar |Bell black FMIC |Elevate intake pipe |IPD TCV |H&R 1.4 down |TKI front end-links |Elevate tran mount |BERN 18x8 on Michelin pilot super sp 225x40 |Bilstein 8 SP struts and shocks |Powerslot rotors |StopTech 309 pads |Custom Boost gauge |Lettering relocation head+rear lights cut vinyl |

The lights on the none-foglight covers are flush with the "fins" that's on the cover :-)
      Plasticwelded in place

Nice install!
      Horsepower is how fast you hit a wall. Torque is how far you take that wall with you

"I'd rather push a volvo than drive a ford".

-> you know you're actually driving a ford, right?
      ˙pǝǝdsǝpǝʍs
      swedespeed .

Quote Originally Posted by crossie View Post

shhh! quiet . . .
      T5 S40 Greg (05) > 1. 2. 3. | Kenwood interface |Viva 3"DP |EST exhaust |RICA stage 2+ |EST trust brace |Elevate sway bar |Bell black FMIC |Elevate intake pipe |IPD TCV |H&R 1.4 down |TKI front end-links |Elevate tran mount |BERN 18x8 on Michelin pilot super sp 225x40 |Bilstein 8 SP struts and shocks |Powerslot rotors |StopTech 309 pads |Custom Boost gauge |Lettering relocation head+rear lights cut vinyl |

I was about to say it!

A Ford with a Peugeot/Ford cooperation engine matched to a Ford transmission, fixed to a Ford suspension setup with Ford size brake calipers and Ford brake discs, ... No matter where he turns his eyes in the S40 1.6d, FoMoCo is written all over it

BUT imagination can move mountains... Well, sometimes at least
      If you read this, then you haven't understood, that my posting is above this text!

I didnt say that........
      05 Volvo S40 T5 AWD (OEM sports strut bar; Samco hose; K&N typhoon to stock box; ECU Spacer; E-Focus tq mount; Autotech Stage1 tune; ATP FMIC, SNABB SS; Magnaflow Muffler)

Hehe :-) i know it's basically a ford, did it to tease a buddy of mine :-D

Im at work now, laying filler on the dynamic trim! pics will come eventually :-)

Step by step progress pictures, isnt that what we like? ^^

-Pål

What about a sticker like: "Do it like Volvo, build on Ford!"
      If you read this, then you haven't understood, that my posting is above this text!

Quote Originally Posted by daim View Post
      What about a sticker like: "Do it like Volvo, build on Ford!"
      That's actually what I was thinking!

Or:

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo, 28th January, 1999
      "In Ford we Trust"

How much did it cost you to do those fogs?

How'd you wire those DRL strips? Been wanting to do that