SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

New VR owner

9K views 31 replies 20 participants last post by  spinall4 
#1 ·
My name is Tate. I just picked up this 2006 V70R in Sonic Blue and Gobi with only has 70,500 miles. I can't believe how much more of a car these P2 R's are than the older P80's. I am very impressed and plan to keep it around for quite some time.

The only negative is that the passenger headlight lens is cracked, so I am looking for one of those, as well as a bezel gauge pod if anyone is selling.

Here is the album link if you want:

See less See more
#2 ·
Good looking wagon. Congrats on the great find!

#5 ·
Congrats on the new to you VR. I like the color combo. These cars are getting very hard to find with less than 100k on the clock. Enjoy!

#6 ·
Welcome! So jealous of your color. From what I recall, I saw this either on eBay or Cars.com from a private seller. It seemed really well maintained!

#7 ·
It may have been on ebay or cars.com, I found it on ksl.com, which is kind of like craigslist for the Utah, Nevada, Idaho area. The first local sonic I found. People were fighting for it, but luckily I saw it the first day he posted and he gave me preference.

#12 ·
Awesome. I didn't know there were any other members around. I see one SR driving around, but never any VR's. We should meet up sometime, I'd like to see your FMIC setup.

#18 ·
I've been very happy with Roy's work. He's fair, honest, and competent. There were several other indy's I tried locally and was considering buying something other than Volvo simply because of the lack of good mechanics in the area, until I found Roy. I went with a kit from RaceS60R and am happy with it. As far as I know the install was smooth, and the results are great, especially now with the heat.

#22 ·
Congrats!! Sonic is such a great color on the P2 V70Rs!

#25 ·
In my best jrl speak.

You MORONS this thread is old.:facepalm:

Unless you guys missed it the first time around and these are belated welcomes.:p

#27 ·
That looks awful.

Who buys a low miles 06 sonic blue VR with GT & Gobi inside and drives it around Utah?

I give that 2 thumbs down.

#31 ·
That looks awful.

Who buys a low miles 06 sonic blue VR with GT & Gobi inside and drives it around Utah?

I give that 2 thumbs down.
Noone cool that's for sure. The more thumbs down the better.

So, that's my bad about resurrecting this. I knew it was old, but I didn't think about the repercussions of bringing it back up to the top. I felt more and more silly with every poor person I led down this path. Oh well, people still dig your car. Before I bought my R I saw this thing around Provo. It won my 'favorite car in town' award. My car hides out in Provo near Gold's Gym. I've noted a few R's on the forum in the area. I keep thinking that we need to have a meet and drive this summer for locals. Anyway, I don't want to threadjack. I was just excited that the owner of that car was on here.
Who cares if you resurrected it? Not me. What do you drive? You should go to the Utah Association of Euros meet Wednesdays at In n Out in Orem at 7pm. I go most weeks and am always interested in meeting other swedespeeders.

Welcome and beautiful R!~ Get to modding!
Already have.

#28 ·
So, that's my bad about resurrecting this. I knew it was old, but I didn't think about the repercussions of bringing it back up to the top. I felt more and more silly with every poor person I led down this path. Oh well, people still dig your car. Before I bought my R I saw this thing around Provo. It won my 'favorite car in town' award. My car hides out in Provo near Gold's Gym. I've noted a few R's on the forum in the area. I keep thinking that we need to have a meet and drive this summer for locals. Anyway, I don't want to threadjack. I was just excited that the owner of that car was on here.

#32 ·
That's it!

Its time for a Utah Volvo meet.

I don't care when, we should just do it at Ikea. That will be a drive for me, and even more for Storm chasing racing, but I don't care.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.