Window sticker at Dealer says "OSD"?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.
    Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Window sticker at Dealer says "OSD"?

Recently bought a new S60 at a dealer and the window sticker said "OSD" as opposed to all the info usually placed on the sticker per US law. The salesman told me that the manager adds to the inventory by ordering some vehicles via the Overseas Delivery Program, and that's part of how they get some interesting and otherwise unavailable color combos (mine was black/beechwood and there was also one in bright red and one in electric blue).

I was promised that the vehicle, which only had 22 miles on it, wasn't toured around Europe and was never titled previously but the more I think about it the more this seems odd/off to me. Wouldn't the US gov't still require the standard info on the sticker? Does anyone have any additional information about this, or if this is a common dealer practice? I read on an old thread here that when OSD vehicles arrive here they receive that sticker since they are technically used vehicles. Does that mean that mine was technically such as well and if so, what are the implications?

Thanks for any insights on this!

You don't mention your state but I have a feeling that any vehicle sold "new" without the proper Monroney sticker (the one with all the MPG, feature, and pricing information) is a violation of multiple laws.

The "typical" OSD vehicle is used when it hits the US -- even if the owner doesn't drive it anywhere, they've already taken delivery in Europe. We put 3000 miles on ours but there were several people taking delivery around the same time who didn't take their car out of the Factory Delivery Center.

But these aren't typical OSD vehicles. 22 miles sounds normal for factory-checkout, boat loading, and other shipping-movement. IIRC, mine had 18 miles when I picked it up and another 8 added between drop-off in Gothenburg and picking it up at the dealer. From what I've read, those are all "normal" numbers.

What I really wonder (since I'm not looking at buying the car) is: what does the dealer do with the free flights? Do they "give" them to employees as a perk?

Have you considered buying OSD yourself?

I'll crosspost this response...
      2012 S60 T5 Vibrant Copper/Beechwood, Premium, heated seats, front/rear park assist. Via OSD (April 2012). All-Weather Mats and Mud Guards added at delivery, LED License plate lights once at home.

3,000 miles in 6 countries over 21 days during OSD.

They are telling you the truth.

Each year, every Volvo retailer, can bring a small amount of cars via the OSD program. The cars do not have to be driven in or "tour" Europe.

Your car does not differ from any other OSD car that comes to the U.S.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2015.5 S60 T6 Drive-E, Crystal White Pearl w/ Beechwood/Black Sport leather Climate/Platinum/BLIS/Park Pilot/Sport w/ 19" BOR

Thanks for the replies. However the quote above, "Your car does not differ from any other OSD car that comes to the U.S." makes me wonder whether it is technically a "new" car, since typically OSD vehicles aren't imported as new.

This sticker was printed on the same stock as the typical Monroney, but just said "OSD" in huge black letters instead of the other info.

I would ask and make sure to get in writing what is the official start warranty date.
      06 XC90 V8
      98 V70 T5M

What kind of definition of "new" are you using? The car is new and has never had a previous owner other than the dealership, so to me that is a "new car" but to the law I would imagine it would be a "used car."

Generally, the In-Service date is the start of the warranty. That's the only thing I believe would be different.
      Current: 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design | Electric Silver / Nubtex | Platinum eBLIS Tech HeatedFrontSeats | R/F Cargo Mat [Long-Term Review Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD

So where would I look up the "in service" date? And, if it is technically (legally) considered "used", should that impact price?

I would ask the dealer what will the warranty start date be.

If the car only has 22 miles on it, has never been titled, and the warranty will start the day you buy the car, then IMO, that really is "new", regardless how the US is categorizing it for being an OSD. I would not really expect the price to change.
      06 XC90 V8
      98 V70 T5M

Alright, I made an assumption earlier which I shouldn't have and I apologize for that. I found this for you. It is the New Vehicle Buyer Protection Act for the state of Illinois. To quote from this act:

(c) "New vehicle" means a passenger car, as defined in Section 1-157 of the Illinois Vehicle Code, ... that does not qualify under the definition of a used motor vehicle, as set forth in Section 1-216 of that Code.
      I then looked up the Illinois Vehicle Code, for which states:

Every motor vehicle which has been sold, bargained, exchanged, given away, or title transferred from the person who first acquired it from the manufacturer or importer, dealer, or agent of the manufacturer or importer and so used as to have become what is commonly known as "second hand" within the ordinary meaning thereof: Provided, that a new motor vehicle shall not be considered as a "used motor vehicle" until it has been placed in a bona fide consumer use, notwithstanding the number of transfers of such motor vehicle. The term "bona fide consumer use" means actual operation by an owner who acquired the vehicle for use in business or for pleasure purposes and who has been granted a Certificate of Title on such motor vehicle and has registered such motor vehicle, all in accordance with the laws of the residence of the owner.
      I am not a lawyer, but it sounds to me like your vehicle has not "been placed in a bona fide consumer use" and therefore would not be considered used under the law (assuming you do indeed live in Chicago currently). Even if it was *legally* considered used, I think most of us would pay a "new car" price for the vehicle if it has some unique features not available for order in the US. It's pretty cool if you end up with options or colors we can't get here in the US!

Just curious, what model year is your car, 2013 or 2014? Do you know what's unique about it?

As for the in-service date, it should show up in Volvo's computers and I'm sure they will show it to you if you ask. I'm not sure if it can be found on any other documentation, sorry.
      Current: 2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design | Electric Silver / Nubtex | Platinum eBLIS Tech HeatedFrontSeats | R/F Cargo Mat [Long-Term Review Thread]
      Past: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R | 2001 Volvo V70 XC 2.4T AWD | 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo | 2007 Volvo XC70 2.5T AWD

Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post

I am not a lawyer, but it sounds to me like your vehicle has not "been placed in a bona fide consumer use" and therefore would not be considered used under the law (assuming you do indeed live in Chicago currently).
      The only way, under that definition, that the car would be considered used is if the dealer used it in the business as a demo or loaner vehicle. If the dealer simply imported the car through the OSD program and it has not been placed in the hands of an actual customer then legally it is still considered new, at least in Illinois. Other factors could change that so there's no definite answer with the limited information but...that's the case with what we have thus far.

This is not a unique experience. Dealers are allowed to import a certain number (i.e. very small, as in a couple) of OSD each year for their inventory. Occasionally (i.e. not often) a dealership owner/family takes a trip to Sweden, tours the factory, visit executives, etc and takes "delivery" of a new car to have the experience it is trying to "sell" to customers. They car is shipped back to the dealership and has OSD in the window. The car is not titled, it is not owned by an individual, it is not used...it simply went through the OSD process without an actually owner. It's the same as any other car on the lot, it just was parked on the OSD delivery floor at one point before headed to the ship. I also know of a customer that ordered and OSD car and then desperately needed to back out of the deal. The dealer was gracious and "unsold" the car to him, and the salesperson went to Sweden to take "delivery" of the car. Again, it went through the OSD process but actually we just a normal car for inventory. It's window sticker said OSD. Also, if Volvo has a glut of OSD cars that are not selling (a small number are made available so a person could purchase an assembled car with the OSD experience without waiting for it to be custom ordered and built) dealers can occasionally have a car shifted into there inventory...again, it has an OSD window sticker.

Your car is new, never owned, just like any other car on the lot. Just ask for a real window sticker to be printed and sent to the dealership.

Quote Originally Posted by VolvoFaRmeR View Post
      This is not a unique experience. Dealers are allowed to import a certain number (i.e. very small, as in a couple) of OSD each year for their inventory. Occasionally (i.e. not often) a dealership owner/family takes a trip to Sweden, tours the factory, visit executives, etc and takes "delivery" of a new car to have the experience it is trying to "sell" to customers. They car is shipped back to the dealership and has OSD in the window. The car is not titled, it is not owned by an individual, it is not used...it simply went through the OSD process without an actually owner. It's the same as any other car on the lot, it just was parked on the OSD delivery floor at one point before headed to the ship. I also know of a customer that ordered and OSD car and then desperately needed to back out of the deal. The dealer was gracious and "unsold" the car to him, and the salesperson went to Sweden to take "delivery" of the car. Again, it went through the OSD process but actually we just a normal car for inventory. It's window sticker said OSD. Also, if Volvo has a glut of OSD cars that are not selling (a small number are made available so a person could purchase an assembled car with the OSD experience without waiting for it to be custom ordered and built) dealers can occasionally have a car shifted into there inventory...again, it has an OSD window sticker.

Your car is new, never owned, just like any other car on the lot. Just ask for a real window sticker to be printed and sent to the dealership.
      You are almost correct in everything other than the paragraph before the last one; a customer ordering through the OSD program absolutely must travel. No direct shipping allowed unless there is some catastrophic event (i.e. severe illness or death). Last, a car could be direct shipped to the USA only if it is the result of a canceled order. Other than that, no matter how much "glut" there is, you will need to go to Europe no matter what.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2015.5 S60 T6 Drive-E, Crystal White Pearl w/ Beechwood/Black Sport leather Climate/Platinum/BLIS/Park Pilot/Sport w/ 19" BOR

Volvo dealers are allowed to purchase two OSD cars per calendar year for inventory and they must be sold as used. They have technically been registered in Sweden and Volvo does not want them competing with the normal new inventory. Realistically, they are new and the used label is just semantics. They have never been titled or registered in the US. The warranty start date, or in-service date, is the date the car is picked or sold while in Sweden. If your dealer sold it to you with "new" on the contract, they are in violation and you should have some substantial recourse. Post the model year and the last 6 of the VIN and I can give you the in-service date.

There is a suggested retail price on these cars and an invoice amount to the dealer. The retail price is somewhat similar to a decently discounted new equivalent, but they don't qualify for any incentives like the new cars do. They may have qualified for the OSD incentives, which are usually nothing or maybe something like free metallic paint or climate package. As far as I can see, the only advantage to them is colors or option combinations you can't get here. Everything that is available here is available there and more. Some extra colors and options that can be purchased separately from the option packages here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromitspapa View Post
      Volvo dealers are allowed to purchase two OSD cars per calendar year for inventory and they must be sold as used. They have technically been registered in Sweden and Volvo does not want them competing with the normal new inventory. Realistically, they are new and the used label is just semantics. They have never been titled or registered in the US. The warranty start date, or in-service date, is the date the car is picked or sold while in Sweden. If your dealer sold it to you with "new" on the contract, they are in violation and you should have some substantial recourse. Post the model year and the last 6 of the VIN and I can give you the in-service date.

There is a suggested retail price on these cars and an invoice amount to the dealer. The retail price is somewhat similar to a decently discounted new equivalent, but they don't qualify for any incentives like the new cars do. They may have qualified for the OSD incentives, which are usually nothing or maybe something like free metallic paint or climate package. As far as I can see, the only advantage to them is colors or option combinations you can't get here. Everything that is available here is available there and more. Some extra colors and options that can be purchased separately from the option packages here.

I think you also loose out on some incentives like Costco. Though the car should be more discounted then the average car before incentives. From my experience you are technically the 2nd person owning the car. Frankly for the dealer other then some changes it creates more of a hassle IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by goldenfooler View Post
      Frankly for the dealer other then some changes it creates more of a hassle IMO.
      I am sorry but you are incorrect and you are missing the point why we allow Volvo retailers to be able to go get up to 2 cars per years, via OSD, under the retailer's name...

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      I am sorry but you are incorrect and you are missing the point why we allow Volvo retailers to be able to go get up to 2 cars per years, via OSD, under the retailer's name...
      What's the official warranty start date? Seems to be some confusion in this thread.

Is it when the dealer picks the car up in sweden or when the dealer finally sells it?
      06 XC90 V8
      98 V70 T5M

Quote Originally Posted by pattyweb View Post
      What's the official warranty start date? Seems to be some confusion in this thread.

Is it when the dealer picks the car up in sweden or when the dealer finally sells it?
      The warranty starts when the car is picked up in Sweden.

"new" and "used" have legal definitions. And different interest rates for financing. And different legal protections (lemon law for instance).

Reporting a car as "new" on the loan paperwork when it is "used" could be considered wire/mail/bank fraud.
      2012 S60 T5 Vibrant Copper/Beechwood, Premium, heated seats, front/rear park assist. Via OSD (April 2012). All-Weather Mats and Mud Guards added at delivery, LED License plate lights once at home.

A lot of this is semantics.

If the car only has 22 miles on it, then that I would consider new.

But if the warranty really started when the dealer picked the car up in sweden, then potentially at least quite a few months of warranty have passed.

It's a new car with a used warranty.

If the dealer didn't tell the customer, if they sold the car to the customer as if it was "100%" new and the customer thinks, naturally, that their warranty started the day they picked up the car, well, then that sucks.

Some might want to accuse the customer that it's their fault for not asking. I disagree. It all really depends on how the dealer sold the car to the customer and what price the customer paid for the car.

I don't understand what is so complex that Volvo can't align the two processes into one single system. However one can order a car via OSD, let somebody also order it that way normally for delivery to the dealer. Who knows, with increased flexiblity to pick options, Volvo could sell more cars?
      06 XC90 V8
      98 V70 T5M

Very interesting (and, unfortunately, somewhat troubling) information! I'm going to call Volvo owner customer service later (their recording says they're closed for training until 2pm EST) and see what shows as the in-service date and also see what the specific policy is on the treatment of such vehicles. I have the loan paperwork in front of me and it says "New" and also has the date it was drawn up. If the warranty is any different than I'll have to figure out what to do. The final price (including $1k off supposedly for financing) was about $5,500 below the MSRP of a similarly equipped vehicle per the car builder on Volvo's US website. However I was getting quotes below MSRP from everyone so not sure if this represents as substantial a discount as it should.

If the dealership did, in fact, misrepresent the vehicle, who is going to care more, the IL AG's office or Volvo corporate? Or, to put it another way, did they violate the law or Volvo policy? And, in the case of such misrepresentation, what should I be looking to get? My car swapped for a brand new one? A certain percentage of my money back? The extended warranty free of charge?

I appreciate everyone's insights and suggestions! I'm going to wait to post either the VIN or dealer name until I know more information. If they in fact did nothing wrong then I don't want to cast suspicion on them prematurely.

Have you discussed your concerns with the retailer's management?

Quote Originally Posted by GrecianVolvo View Post
      Have you discussed your concerns with the retailer's management?
      Not yet. I prefer to have all my ducks in a row before confronting someone about such potential concerns. On the one hand, if they are acting on the up and up, then I don't want to appear to accuse them of wrongdoing, but on the other hand, if they're doing something shady, I'd rather know that for a fact before discussing with them so I know my recourses and don't give them an opportunity to spin the situation.

^ I would talk to the dealer. I don't think they intended to do wrong by you.

Quote Originally Posted by matt1122 View Post
      ^ I would talk to the dealer. I don't think they intended to do wrong by you.
      My main concerns are:

1. Warranty. If the warranty started even one day before I purchased the car then I feel the dealer misrepresented what I was receiving. I care both about the actual lost warranty as well as the principle of the issue.

2. Price I paid. I made the decision to buy from that dealer based on the price they offered me relative to the "sticker price". If that sticker price was actually supposed to be less, due to it being OSD, then I would have held out for a bigger discount or gone somewhere else.

I also have no way of knowing if the information the dealer gives me is accurate (whether they are withholding something or don't actually know the answer) so I feel better verifying with Volvo first.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Dan View Post
      My main concerns are:

1. Warranty. If the warranty started even one day before I purchased the car then I feel the dealer misrepresented what I was receiving. I care both about the actual lost warranty as well as the principle of the issue.

2. Price I paid. I made the decision to buy from that dealer based on the price they offered me relative to the "sticker price". If that sticker price was actually supposed to be less, due to it being OSD, then I would have held out for a bigger discount or gone somewhere else.

I also have no way of knowing if the information the dealer gives me is accurate (whether they are withholding something or don't actually know the answer) so I feel better verifying with Volvo first.
      Honestly, the OSD car is spec'd pretty much the same as if the car was on the lot. I understand that you may expect a little extra if you did not realize (whether it is their omission or yours) that the warranty may have started 1 or 2 months earlier but MSRP is pretty much the same since the options are the same. The OSD is classified under different category hence the lower MSRP. The cars are exactly the same.

You do not need (again, my personal opinion) to go there "confronting" people. Just ask to speak to the Sales Manager and the General Manager, together, and explain what your perception is vs. what happened. You are thinking about getting AGs involved, etc. In my almost 19+ yrs of experience in this industry, I have found out that proper, clear and non-threatening communication (from both parties) can achieve wonders.

If you want, PM me who the retailer is and who you are working with there; Chicago was my area of responsibility for 3.5 years.

So, I spoke to a rep at Volvo USA to clarify and found out a couple of interesting things. First, as has been stated here, the car was not previously titled or considered owned based on what showed up about the VIN number. Perhaps by some definitions it would be considered "used" because it was owned by the dealership prior to my purchasing it vs. sitting ownerless in inventory. That's semantics. Now, here's where it gets more interesting:

I purchased the car mid-June, but it has an in-service date of Jan. 24, 2013. Therefore, that's when the warranty clock began ticking. However, because the car was ordered prior to Jan. 1 (since OSD cars are ordered individually), it was grandfathered in to the 2012 Safe & Secure warranty program which offers a 5yr/50k mile warranty and the first five scheduled services free vs. the first three on cars sold in 2013. The guy I spoke with said he was a little bothered, but not surprised, by the lack of transparency from the dealer on the issue, but said that there's really nothing Volvo can do to change this. He also pointed out that while I lost six months of the initial warranty I actually gained six months since it extends five years on my car.

The dealer didn't tell me the in-service date (making him dishonest) but also didn't tell me about the longer warranty (making him an idiot). However, in the end the guy at Volvo NA was right; I came out ahead in spite of being a bit disturbed by the lack of info from the dealer. Won't be going there again, though, for sales or service.

I don't think there's much I can really ask for, since I can't demonstrate any actual damages (someone correct me if I'm wrong, though). Sure, I could go to BBB, but not really sure to what end. However I now won't feel the least bit bad paying the balance of my loan the day the first statement arrives even though they asked me to wait four months so "they don't get an angry call from Volvo financial".

Curious- did it say new or used on your purchase contract? Was it a Form 553?

The Safe + Secure program you got is worth approximately $1,500, but the true value depends on how much you drive the car and how many brake jobs you get for free (you got 5/50 free brakes/rotors/wiper blades minus 5 months vs zero on a non-OSD car as well as a longer warranty, roadside assistance, and the 30K and 40K services).

Why were you planning on paying off the loan after 4 months? I have a feeling your dealer screwed the pooch and was trying to get an incentive they won't qualify for. It doesn't sound like you took the 0% APR.

I'm hoping you based your decision on buying this car based on color, option configuration, and price vs what kind of deal you could have gotten on a non-OSD car, including the incentives available to the non-OSD car. There's less total profit on an OSD car than a non-OSD car. It's all relative.

It sounds like your dealer is unaware of the differences between regular new inventory and OSD cars purchased for inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicago Dan View Post
      So, I spoke to a rep at Volvo USA to clarify and found out a couple of interesting things. First, as has been stated here, the car was not previously titled or considered owned based on what showed up about the VIN number. Perhaps by some definitions it would be considered "used" because it was owned by the dealership prior to my purchasing it vs. sitting ownerless in inventory. That's semantics. Now, here's where it gets more interesting:

I purchased the car mid-June, but it has an in-service date of Jan. 24, 2013. Therefore, that's when the warranty clock began ticking. However, because the car was ordered prior to Jan. 1 (since OSD cars are ordered individually), it was grandfathered in to the 2012 Safe & Secure warranty program which offers a 5yr/50k mile warranty and the first five scheduled services free vs. the first three on cars sold in 2013. The guy I spoke with said he was a little bothered, but not surprised, by the lack of transparency from the dealer on the issue, but said that there's really nothing Volvo can do to change this. He also pointed out that while I lost six months of the initial warranty I actually gained six months since it extends five years on my car.

The dealer didn't tell me the in-service date (making him dishonest) but also didn't tell me about the longer warranty (making him an idiot). However, in the end the guy at Volvo NA was right; I came out ahead in spite of being a bit disturbed by the lack of info from the dealer. Won't be going there again, though, for sales or service.

I don't think there's much I can really ask for, since I can't demonstrate any actual damages (someone correct me if I'm wrong, though). Sure, I could go to BBB, but not really sure to what end. However I now won't feel the least bit bad paying the balance of my loan the day the first statement arrives even though they asked me to wait four months so "they don't get an angry call from Volvo financial".

Even with S&S, some warranties end sooner -- for instance, leather coverage is 12 month/12000 mile.

Curious- did it say new or used on your purchase contract? Was it a Form 553?

The Safe + Secure program you got is worth approximately $1,500, but the true value depends on how much you drive the car and how many brake jobs you get for free (you got 5/50 free brakes/rotors/wiper blades minus 5 months vs zero on a non-OSD car as well as a longer warranty, roadside assistance, and the 30K and 40K services).

Why were you planning on paying off the loan after 4 months? I have a feeling your dealer screwed the pooch and was trying to get an incentive they won't qualify for. It doesn't sound like you took the 0% APR.

I'm hoping you based your decision on buying this car based on color, option configuration, and price vs what kind of deal you could have gotten on a non-OSD car, including the incentives available to the non-OSD car. There's less total profit on an OSD car than a non-OSD car. It's all relative.

It sounds like your dealer is unaware of the differences between regular new inventory and OSD cars purchased for inventory.
      The two forms I found are the Odometer Disclosure Statement and the Retail Installment Contract. I will be paying off the loan right away because I would have preferred to pay cash for the car but was told I was getting it for $1k less by taking the loan. I picked this car because it was just about the only one within a few hundred miles to have beechwood interior, which was my first choice. However color isn't that important to me and if a different car came with better protection then I'd have had no problem going with that.

Quote Originally Posted by dhorvath View Post
      Even with S&S, some warranties end sooner -- for instance, leather coverage is 12 month/12000 mile.
      Good to know. I may need to give the dealer a call and ask exactly what I'm missing out on and how they intend to make that up to me.

I'm pretty sure the dealer won't get paid on the $1,000 VCFS APR Bonus Cash because your VIN won't qualify. But that's their problem, not yours.

S&S is an upgrade to the factory warranty program and doesn't include any reductions to it. You bought a US-spec car with a US warranty. There's nothing different about it because it came from OSD.

I'm pretty sure the dealer won't get paid on the $1,000 VCFS APR Bonus Cash because your VIN won't qualify. But that's their problem, not yours.
      Correct. OSD units do not qualify therefore they gave him an extra discount in the form of $1,000.

I know the dealership and it is a very good one. On that day, they just made a couple of mistakes (not malicious) which ended up benefitting Chicago Dan.

S&S is an upgrade to the factory warranty program and doesn't include any reductions to it. You bought a US-spec car with a US warranty. There's nothing different about it because it came from OSD.
      I think there was some confusion on the part of the sales guy regarding the $1k and whether or not the particular incentive would apply. The S&S warranty is great and I was very happy when Volvo USA told me my car had it. However, my understanding is that all of the secondary warranties (leather, as mentioned, corrosion, seat belts/SRS) were the same between '12 and '13, so I've lost five months on them without it being made up by the S&S upgrade. I agree that the main warranty is still better since I got an extra seven months and some extra oil changes.

It's not just oil changes, it's the 40K & 50K services (or 4 and 5 year services), unlimited brakes/rotors/wiper blades for 5 years/50,000 miles (minus the 5 months). You should probably do your first (10K) service by Jan 24, 2014 if you haven't hit 10,000 miles yet. Your final free service will expire by Jan 23, 2018 (I think).

It's not just oil changes, it's the 40K & 50K services (or 4 and 5 year services), unlimited brakes/rotors/wiper blades for 5 years/50,000 miles (minus the 5 months). You should probably do your first (10K) service by Jan 24, 2014 if you haven't hit 10,000 miles yet. Your final free service will expire by Jan 23, 2018 (I think).
      I tend to always base my service intervals on time, not mileage, since I'm a pretty low mileage driver.

The dealer put new rear rotors and pads under S&S at 22,500 service (2012, 7500 mile intervals) because they were a bit grooved. I've had similar grooves before that cleared up over time. I wasn't going to complain -- I just gained 22,500 miles on the life of those rotors and pads...

I'll make a note to complain about both front and rear before S&S runs out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast