Kpax volvo s60 r-design gt6
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs up Kpax volvo s60 r-design gt6

Hello SwedeSpeed...My name is Rich and I am a tech at Momentum Volvo in Houston, TX. We are one of K-pax's newest authorized dealerships. We are very proud of this opportunity to reach out to the enthusiasts community. We currently have installed pricing on all of K-pax's upgrades.

For details or pricing for your volvo,
      please contact either K-pax or myself at Richard dot Forsythe at Momentumjvp dot com

We also offer these packages for our new cars, so if you are looking to trade your vehicle for a KPAX GT vehicle, we can accomodate that aswell!

Drop by and we can talk about what Kpax and Momentum Volvo can do for you. While you are here, test drive our new 2013 S60 GT6 R-design. The car looks and sounds amazing.

Also visit K-Pax Performance facebook page to get updates and new releases.
      https://www.facebook.com/rich.forsyt...paxperformance

We also have a Coffee and Cars event at Momentum on August 17th from 8-10 am! come see the only GT6 around!
      http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...=1#post2135651

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Re: Kpax volvo s60 r-design gt6

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

FINALLY some real updates and photos ect, on the K-Pax GT6!!!
      NEW! 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Manual
      2007 S40 T5 White
      Previous: 1989 740 Turbo, 1995 960, 1999 V70 XC AWD

Happen to have a sound clip of the car driving around? Would be really insightful to hear what, if any, drone exists at or around highway speeds. That's the number one decider for me. Per KPAX there's a sound peak right around 2700RPM (or 80MPH).
      2000 V70 R| 2011 S60 T6 Polestar AWD

Wow that looks awesome on RD. What is performance increased to when starting out on RD? About 340 hp maybe? I guess the k-pax rear sway bar is thicker and the springs stiffer than the stock RD?

There is no catalog out on S60 packages that I've seen so far, including on k-pax webpage and facebook page (despite advertising and PR on it). I think there is a good size group of us on here who would be interested in the parts, prices and any any groupings or kits that offer a package price. It looks like there is:
      springs (lowering by how much?)
      rear sway bar(how thick? end links included?)
      wheels/tires
      exhaust(HP numbers when put onto T5, T6, RD?)
      various cosmetic parts and trim

What about brakes, strut tower brace, or other parts I haven't listed?
      Thank you for any info!
      __________________________________________________ _____
      Current: 2012 S60 T5
      Previous: 1984 DL, 1988 240, 1995 850, 1999 S70 AWD, 2003 V70

What is the diameter of the main pipe in the exhaust?
      2006 Honda S2000 SCCA STU car with K24 swap 280whp
      2003 Mini Cooper S Rotrex swap 400hp
      2014 Rebel Blue S60 R Design 13.0 @ 106.29 mph IPD rear bar, Brembo GT Big Brake kit w/carbotech 1521 pads, K&N filter, Ferrita Cat-Back Exhaust, Polestar Ohlins Shocks and Struts, Polestar Springs.

Hi Rich. I'm the person on Facebook who recommended you come over here and start a thread. Just wanted to thank you...you're doing a great thing for Kpax and your dealer by being so helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by DCM36 View Post
      Wow that looks awesome on RD. What is performance increased to when starting out on RD? About 340 hp maybe? I guess the k-pax rear sway bar is thicker and the springs stiffer than the stock RD?

There is no catalog out on S60 packages that I've seen so far, including on k-pax webpage and facebook page (despite advertising and PR on it). I think there is a good size group of us on here who would be interested in the parts, prices and any any groupings or kits that offer a package price. It looks like there is:
      wheels/tires

Thank you for any info!
      I agree, what frustrates me most is the constant publicity on a May 1 catalog release date. It's July 23 and we still have no idea what all is being offered, and for what price. It would be very helpful if you could let us know what all is offered. Also, thank you very much for posting pictures and an actual sound clip.

Quote Originally Posted by teefive View Post
      Hi Rich. I'm the person on Facebook who recommended you come over here and start a thread. Just wanted to thank you...you're doing a great thing for Kpax and your dealer by being so helpful.
      Absolutely Rich! You were very punctual and informative in your email to me, and now you're basically the only one who is promoting your dealership and KPAX products. I hope your management realizes the good job you're doing.

wow what a great response! I have all the pricing and what is currently available. I will post what is available when I get to work, but at least for now, I will refrain from posting prices until the catalog comes out because my installed prices may not match your dealerships prices. so just pm out email me with your needs and I will give you pricing. hope you guys understand where I'm coming from with that.

I will also do my best to answer each of your questions so fire away

>> What about brakes, strut tower brace, or other parts I haven't listed?

This page/review (not much of a review) has photos of the GT6 with the brembo brakes:

http://allcarcentral.com/Volvo_S60_K...l#.Ue_TT22iuUM

(Same dealer that had the GT5.)
      2011 S60 T6, Flamenco Red / Biege, Polestar Tune, JBL MS-8 DSP and sub-woofer;
      2006 XC90 Ocean Race 'Big Blue'; 1998 V70 T5.
      Previous (sold): 95 855 GLT; 98 S70 T5M; 2000 S40.

Quote Originally Posted by MooseTech View Post

I will also do my best to answer each of your questions so fire away

See my above post ^
      2006 Honda S2000 SCCA STU car with K24 swap 280whp
      2003 Mini Cooper S Rotrex swap 400hp
      2014 Rebel Blue S60 R Design 13.0 @ 106.29 mph IPD rear bar, Brembo GT Big Brake kit w/carbotech 1521 pads, K&N filter, Ferrita Cat-Back Exhaust, Polestar Ohlins Shocks and Struts, Polestar Springs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrsideways View Post
      See my above post ^
      +1, see mine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DWBF1 View Post
      Happen to have a sound clip of the car driving around? Would be really insightful to hear what, if any, drone exists at or around highway speeds. That's the number one decider for me. Per KPAX there's a sound peak right around 2700RPM (or 80MPH).
      I do have a sound clip of the car driving around but it really is just of the gauges with the sound under acceleration. I will work on getting a better video and one with it at different cruising speeds. Honestly, it is a very quiet, timid exhaust until you get on it. then it turns a little mean

wheels/tires

Thank you for any info!
      there are no diffinitive numbers yet but it will gain you about 10-15 HP (so yea about 340) but your real gain is in the increase in torque over the midrange. the car just seems to want to stay up between shifts and keep pulling mid range and higher. The GT packages really shine in turns though. The suspension package paired with the wheel/tires really makes the car jump a few brackets in the competition. You need to drive it to truly appreciate the difference.

As for the catalog, Kpax is right in the middle of their race season so this stuff takes a bit longer...not making excuses but I know how these things go with aftermarket companies and race teams. It will be out soon.

what is including in the GT package:

PERFORMANCE SUSPENSION PACKAGE
      --Performance springs
      --Larger rear swaybar (uses stock end links)
      HIGH FLOW PERFORMANCE EXHAUST 3"diameter (i think, i will measure to be sure)
      SPECIAL KPAX ANTHRACITE GRILLE WITH EMBLEMS
      KPAX ANTHRACITE MIRROR COVERS
      19" BBS GUN METAL KPAX WHEELS
      19" PIRELLI PZERO TIRES
      4 TIRE PRESSURE SENSORS
      KPAX INFORMATION FOLDER
      KPAX CERTIFIED CERTIFICATE
      KPAX EMBLEMS

both GT5 and GT6 packages are the same but obviously the exhaust is made per car. Both have the same Hp gains (10-15)

Kpax is working on matching Anthracite window trim and currently has a full carbon fiber rear Downfoce Spoiler available

as far as brakes go:
      We have upgraded Carbon/Kevlar pads and slotted rotors as a stock type upgrade
      We also have a Big Brake Brembo Kit that increases the front rotors to 365mm and adds Brembo Kpax-Blue calipers. this upgrade changes the brakes completely up front and offers an amazing look to go with it.

there is nothing offered for strut tower bracing at this time.

One other thing we do offer is a Kpax Blue upper engine cover. also please remember that each option is available seperate but the packages are priced much lower all together.

what did i miss???!!!

Thanks guys !
      -RICH

oh and of course we offer braided brake lines (which comes with the BBK)

I do have a sound clip of the car driving around but it really is just of the gauges with the sound under acceleration. I will work on getting a better video and one with it at different cruising speeds. Honestly, it is a very quiet, timid exhaust until you get on it. then it turns a little mean
      Thanks Rich. The exhaust in your first clip sounds awesome, and I certainly don't mind it waking up when you get on it. I'd just be concerned about highway drone since almost every aftermarket exhaust I've ever bought (regardless of brand) has it. I would hate to destroy that quiet highway ride. Looking forward to hearing the "around town" and "highway" sound clips.

I think we would still like to hear it. I would like to know what it will sound like in the cabin at various RPMs.

here is the sound clip....I will try to get a better one, hopefully without the talking...
      it is taken from my phone but you can hear the exhaust fairly well. I'll erase this one when I get a new one...enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiY2...e_gdata_player

Rich,
      Thanks so much for that info. I like the idea of a k-pax package on a RD.

What is the height of the springs (any change in height from stock or RD? I'd actually prefer as close to stock as possible).

Do you know the plans for 2014 models? It seems like all would be compatible except for the end of the exhaust and cosmetics.

Thanks again!
      __________________________________________________ _____
      Current: 2012 S60 T5
      Previous: 1984 DL, 1988 240, 1995 850, 1999 S70 AWD, 2003 V70

Rich,
      Thanks so much for that info. I like the idea of a k-pax package on a RD.

What is the height of the springs (any change in height from stock or RD? I'd actually prefer as close to stock as possible).

Do you know the plans for 2014 models? It seems like all would be compatible except for the end of the exhaust and cosmetics.

Thanks again!
      the springs dropped our car 3/4 inch. i'm not sure if there is a spec on the drop or if there is a difference between the T and the T6 RD.

the 2014 kits will be available soon. the exhaust tips and the front grill had to be changed for the 14 MY.

the springs dropped our car 3/4 inch. i'm not sure if there is a spec on the drop or if there is a difference between the T and the T6 RD.

the 2014 kits will be available soon. the exhaust tips and the front grill had to be changed for the 14 MY.
      I agree. The grill should be blacked out and it should have quad exhaust tips.
      Trade '12 S60 T5 for a '16 V60 Polestar.

I have the Heico quad exhaust and I'm not longer very happy with the exhaust sound, but I love the look of the quad tips. The K-Pax exhaust is design in parnership with Borla and the one availble for my car (2012 S60 T5) is close to $2000.00 inc/installation & tax. I do not want to spend that much money again.
      I found a sound clip for a C30 T5 that I believe is a similar engine in terms of sound. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEkEHNAiUM4 and I think it sound good, but it may be a little louder for a S60. I found a alternative which is a universal Borla muffler http://www.borla.com/products/proxs_centerdual.html that is longer than the K-Pax muffler and 1/2 inch shorter than the Heico muffler. Does anyone here has tried this muffler? will it work on my car?

Quote Originally Posted by rlvdesign View Post
      I have the Heico quad exhaust and I'm not longer very happy with the exhaust sound, but I love the look of the quad tips. The K-Pax exhaust is design in parnership with Borla and the one availble for my car (2012 S60 T5) is close to $2000.00 inc/installation & tax. I do not want to spend that much money again.
      I found a sound clip for a C30 T5 that I believe is a similar engine in terms of sound. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEkEHNAiUM4 and I think it sound good, but it may be a little louder for a S60. I found a alternative which is a universal Borla muffler http://www.borla.com/products/proxs_centerdual.html that is longer than the K-Pax muffler and 1/2 inch shorter than the Heico muffler. Does anyone here has tried this muffler? will it work on my car?

That clip is for the C30. There are a few others on YouTube of C30s with that exhaust, and I think they sound pretty similar to the S60 one that Rich posted. I may be wrong, but I think you need a transverse muffler instead of the one you picked. Look under "Specialty," and you can see ones there. Someone on here posted a sound clip of a Magnaflow muffler, I think it sounded pretty good, and I'm thinking about doing that to mine. Don't know if there would be much difference between the borla and magnaflow, maybe someone else does. Hope that helps.

Rich

Few questions I have an s60 R Design (2012)

Is the Exhaust a Cat Back?
      Will it void my warranty?
      Cost for the exhaust?

Thanks Jason

Re: Kpax volvo s60 r-design gt6

Quote Originally Posted by WoodKnuckle View Post
      Rich

Few questions I have an s60 R Design (2012)

Is the Exhaust a Cat Back?
      Will it void my warranty?
      Cost for the exhaust?

Thanks Jason
      yes the exhaust is a catback made with the highest quality stainless steel I have seen yet including the resonator just after the cat and the muffler. no it will not void your warranty. that is the beauty of kpax, it comes with a factory matching warranty also. pricing installed will depend on your dealer. are you near the Houston area? if so, pm me and I will give you exact installed pricing. thanks for your questions!

Quote Originally Posted by Steele Faucet View Post
      That clip is for the C30. There are a few others on YouTube of C30s with that exhaust, and I think they sound pretty similar to the S60 one that Rich posted. I may be wrong, but I think you need a transverse muffler instead of the one you picked. Look under "Specialty," and you can see ones there. Someone on here posted a sound clip of a Magnaflow muffler, I think it sounded pretty good, and I'm thinking about doing that to mine. Don't know if there would be much difference between the borla and magnaflow, maybe someone else does. Hope that helps.
      Thanks for your information, it was very helpful. I almost bought the wrong muffler. I search for sound clips for magnaflow and borla on different Volvos, none of them on a '12 S60 T5, but I think the Borla gives a better sound. So I purchased the Borla transverse 40477 http://www.borla.com/products/transv...rt__40477.html
      It may give a sound close to the K-Pax exhaust for the fraction of the money ($275.00 + CA tax) plus I'll keep the Heico quad tips, which may or may not change the sound.

Thanks for your information, it was very helpful. I almost bought the wrong muffler. I search for sound clips for magnaflow and borla on different Volvos, none of them on a '12 S60 T5, but I think the Borla gives a better sound. So I purchased the Borla transverse 40477 http://www.borla.com/products/transv...rt__40477.html
      It may give a sound close to the K-Pax exhaust for the fraction of the money ($275.00 + CA tax) plus I'll keep the Heico quad tips, which may or may not change the sound.
      Please let me know how it turns out and if possible, post a sound clip. I'm weighing exhaust options for a new T6...

Quote Originally Posted by teefive View Post
      Please let me know how it turns out and if possible, post a sound clip. I'm weighing exhaust options for a new T6...
      Here is a sound clip with the Heico muffler http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiiqNx663GY
      Here is a sound clip with the Borla muffler and the quad tips http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHZswKHcxpg

Here is a sound clip with the Heico muffler http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiiqNx663GY
      Here is a sound clip with the Borla muffler and the quad tips http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHZswKHcxpg
      Is it me or does the Heico sound a bit louder, almost sounds like the old S60R stock exhaust with a few pops in there.
      2015 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Passion Red/Off Black, Platinum/Tech/Climate/BLIS/19" Ixion II, KN Filter, IPD Catback Exhaust, IPD Rear Swaybar {His}
      2016 XC60 T6 AWD - Osmium Grey/Off Black {Hers}
      FS Items: XC60 Cargo Cover
      SOLD:1994 940 Turbo/2004 S40 LSE/2007 S60R/2010 Mazda3 i-touring/2012 S60RD/2013 S60 T5AWD

Quote Originally Posted by PureDrive07 View Post
      Is it me or does the Heico sound a bit louder, almost sounds like the old S60R stock exhaust with a few pops in there.
      I have to agree. It is too loud for my taste and I think the sound did not fit the modifications on my car. If my car was lower and more agressive looking maybe that sound will be an option. With the Borla is a little bit louder than factory, but a deeper sound. I'm very happy with the results.

Bump.

KPAX GT5 exhaust for those who may be curious.
      2014 S60 K-PAX GT5 with KPAX GTR brake kit, ELEVATE turbo intake pipe, ELEVATE intake manifold
      Past Volvos: 2009 C30 T5 R-Design, 2005 S40 2.4i, 1998 S70 T5

Thanks for the bump jc30!

just wanted to say rich is a great guy and he got me the exhaust and love it !! its really ashame that this thread has died and nothing really nothing has been done for the t-6 such a great engine love my car !!

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast