The Official Swedespeed S80 Photo Thread
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Results 1 to 35 of 295
    1. #1
      Junior Member bluestreak614's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      Morgantown, WV
      Posts
      152

      Thumbs up The Official Swedespeed S80 Photo Thread

      We all love to show off and talk about our S80's, so...

      Post pictures of your Volvo S80 in this thread.
      2007 Volvo S80 V8 AWD
      Black and Tan
      ODO: 121,000 miles

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #2
      Junior Member bluestreak614's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      Morgantown, WV
      Posts
      152


      2007 Volvo S80 V8 AWD
      Black and Tan
      ODO: 121,000 miles

    4. #3
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      Sweden
      Posts
      66
      Here's mine, a 2007 Volvo S80 2.5T.




    5. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    6. #4
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Location
      Sweden
      Posts
      11

      Here is some pics of my 2013 S80






    7. #5
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Location
      Ontario, Canada
      Posts
      288
      Great photos, thx. Was curious though why you bother to hide your license plate. You might get a couple hundreds views in this thread, but thousands upon thousands see your plate as they drive. (?)

    8. #6
      Member reward2's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2010
      Location
      Mid-Illinois
      Posts
      1,691
      Quote Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
      Great photos, thx. Was curious though why you bother to hide your license plate. You might get a couple hundreds views in this thread, but thousands upon thousands see your plate as they drive. (?)
      I always thought the same too. Makes no sense to me.
      "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke
      2007 S60R Magic Blue Metallic/Gobi MT 70,000+ miles (IPD intercooler, Hawk ceramics)
      2013 XC60 T6 Saville Grey Metallic/Black (wife's)
      http://s1203.photobucket.com/user/reward2/library/

    9. #7
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      Sweden
      Posts
      66
      Quote Originally Posted by abc9475 View Post
      pics
      I really love that color! Beautiful car

      Quote Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
      Great photos, thx. Was curious though why you bother to hide your license plate. You might get a couple hundreds views in this thread, but thousands upon thousands see your plate as they drive. (?)
      I don't know how it is in your countries, but at least in Sweden you can find out pretty much everything there is to know about both the car and the owner if you have the licence plate. So I always cover up my licence plate when posting pictures on public forums etc. I simply don't want anyone to be able to look it up and find out where it's located.

    10. #8
      My 2007






    11. #9
      This is my 2008 V8 Sport in Ember Black (212,000 miles now)




      2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Polestar + Snabb | 93,000 Miles
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 307,000 Miles
      1998 Volvo V70 R | 2001 Audi S8 | 1992 Subaru SVX | 2004 Maserati Spyder
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars

    12. #10
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      Ca
      Posts
      186
      Quote Originally Posted by itwontstopsnowin View Post
      This is my 2008 V8 Sport in Ember Black (212,000 miles now)




      I love the chrome venator rims! And did you ever figure out how to fix the "bulb out" problem after upgrading your taillights?

    13. #11
      Quote Originally Posted by josetorres View Post
      I love the chrome venator rims! And did you ever figure out how to fix the "bulb out" problem after upgrading your taillights?
      I have the resistors sitting on my desk at work, but I just haven't had time to install them. I'm in the process of moving my company, so it has been really hectic lately. I'll post once I get it done.
      2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Polestar + Snabb | 93,000 Miles
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 307,000 Miles
      1998 Volvo V70 R | 2001 Audi S8 | 1992 Subaru SVX | 2004 Maserati Spyder
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars

    14. #12
      Senior Member Warpedcow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Apple Valley, MN
      Posts
      11,786
      2002 Volvo S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust, 2:05 at BIR long course || 2006 Volvo S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 Volvo S80 V8 (his), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 Volvo XC70 T6 (hers), 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer

    15. #13
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2011
      Location
      Ontario, Canada
      Posts
      288
      Quote Originally Posted by pulchi View Post
      I don't know how it is in your countries, but at least in Sweden you can find out pretty much everything there is to know about both the car and the owner if you have the licence plate. So I always cover up my licence plate when posting pictures on public forums etc. I simply don't want anyone to be able to look it up and find out where it's located.
      Your car is fantastic, nice!

      However, I think you're missing my point from above. A couple of hundred people might see your license plate in this forum, however, on a daily basis as you drive (in real life) thousands of people can see your license.

      So, my question is, why are you concerned about the couple of hundred "viewers" on this forum seeing your plate, but you are not worried about the thousands and thousands of people that see your plate on the road, back in Sweden. (?)

    16. #14
      Quote Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
      Your car is fantastic, nice!

      However, I think you're missing my point from above. A couple of hundred people might see your license plate in this forum, however, on a daily basis as you drive (in real life) thousands of people can see your license.

      So, my question is, why are you concerned about the couple of hundred "viewers" on this forum seeing your plate, but you are not worried about the thousands and thousands of people that see your plate on the road, back in Sweden. (?)
      I completely agree with you. I never understood why people don't display their license plates on forums.
      2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Polestar + Snabb | 93,000 Miles
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 307,000 Miles
      1998 Volvo V70 R | 2001 Audi S8 | 1992 Subaru SVX | 2004 Maserati Spyder
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars

    17. #15
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      Ca
      Posts
      186
      Quote Originally Posted by itwontstopsnowin View Post
      I have the resistors sitting on my desk at work, but I just haven't had time to install them. I'm in the process of moving my company, so it has been really hectic lately. I'll post once I get it done.
      That's good, that will be my next upgrade after I find a pair of heated and ventilated seats but don't think I would always like to see the bulb out warning when I drive around

    18. #16
      Quote Originally Posted by josetorres View Post
      That's good, that will be my next upgrade after I find a pair of heated and ventilated seats but don't think I would always like to see the bulb out warning when I drive around
      One of the reasons that I haven't been too motivated to install the resistors is because the warning is not on constantly. It only comes on once when you start the car. Once you dismiss it, it goes away until you shut off the car and start it again.
      2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Polestar + Snabb | 93,000 Miles
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 307,000 Miles
      1998 Volvo V70 R | 2001 Audi S8 | 1992 Subaru SVX | 2004 Maserati Spyder
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars

    19. #17
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      Ca
      Posts
      186
      Quote Originally Posted by itwontstopsnowin View Post
      One of the reasons that I haven't been too motivated to install the resistors is because the warning is not on constantly. It only comes on once when you start the car. Once you dismiss it, it goes away until you shut off the car and start it again.
      That's reassuring, doesn't sound like it would be much of a bother unless one of your bulbs did really go out and you would just dismiss it without knowing, haha. But I usually check my lights every so often anyways and don't rely on the car to tell me ever since I changed to led.

    20. #18
      Junior Member bluestreak614's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      Morgantown, WV
      Posts
      152
      new addition to the rear glass...

      2007 Volvo S80 V8 AWD
      Black and Tan
      ODO: 121,000 miles

    21. #19
      Junior Member PIE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      SG
      Posts
      150

    22. #20
      Quote Originally Posted by PIE View Post
      Those wheels are fabulous. I don't usually like aftermarket wheels on Volvos (since Volvo offers SOOO many different styles), but those look great on there! Have you considered installing lowering springs?
      2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Polestar + Snabb | 93,000 Miles
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 307,000 Miles
      1998 Volvo V70 R | 2001 Audi S8 | 1992 Subaru SVX | 2004 Maserati Spyder
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars

    23. #21
      Junior Member PIE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      SG
      Posts
      150
      Quote Originally Posted by itwontstopsnowin View Post
      Those wheels are fabulous. I don't usually like aftermarket wheels on Volvos (since Volvo offers SOOO many different styles), but those look great on there! Have you considered installing lowering springs?
      Thanks I was considering these or Tomason but the latter's design is a tad too old-fashion-Jap, not to mention heavier and Made in Thailand. The Volvo rims are real nice, but the 19" are heavy! Nearly changed to Heico Volution V but find them heavy as well.

      Yes, I am definitely looking around for lowering springs... considering Eibach and KW but also looking for good shock/spring combo. Tried searching around for coilovers but none avail...

      Anyway, my current project is the DRLs, next I maybe looking at changing my exhaust tips followed by the springs

    24. #22
      Quote Originally Posted by PIE View Post
      Thanks I was considering these or Tomason but the latter's design is a tad too old-fashion-Jap, not to mention heavier and Made in Thailand. The Volvo rims are real nice, but the 19" are heavy! Nearly changed to Heico Volution V but find them heavy as well.

      Yes, I am definitely looking around for lowering springs... considering Eibach and KW but also looking for good shock/spring combo. Tried searching around for coilovers but none avail...

      Anyway, my current project is the DRLs, next I maybe looking at changing my exhaust tips followed by the springs
      Assuming you don't have FourC, bilstein makes front and rear shocks for our cars. I have FourC, so I'm stuck with the stupid expensive OE replacements. My front struts are shot, too. They lasted until 190,000 miles, but I think when I put on the lowering springs, it was too much for them. First the right front went bad, then the left front. At almost $700 each, I'm just dealing with it being a little bouncy.
      2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Polestar + Snabb | 93,000 Miles
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 307,000 Miles
      1998 Volvo V70 R | 2001 Audi S8 | 1992 Subaru SVX | 2004 Maserati Spyder
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars

    25. #23
      Junior Member PIE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      SG
      Posts
      150
      Quote Originally Posted by itwontstopsnowin View Post
      Assuming you don't have FourC, bilstein makes front and rear shocks for our cars. I have FourC, so I'm stuck with the stupid expensive OE replacements. My front struts are shot, too. They lasted until 190,000 miles, but I think when I put on the lowering springs, it was too much for them. First the right front went bad, then the left front. At almost $700 each, I'm just dealing with it being a little bouncy.
      Four Cs replacements are really pricey, mine doesn't come with them; but is it a good idea or possible to remove it altogether?

      Mine is currently about 75,000 miles so the shocks should still be able to last a while and I can take my time...

    26. #24
      Junior Member PIE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      SG
      Posts
      150
      Fresh pics from today!

      My current exhaust tips:


      Sun is scorching hot in sg today!




      Just got back from a party...


      Installed silver trims on my rims but didn't last even a week

    27. #25
      Senior Member Warpedcow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Apple Valley, MN
      Posts
      11,786
      Quote Originally Posted by itwontstopsnowin View Post
      Assuming you don't have FourC, bilstein makes front and rear shocks for our cars. I have FourC, so I'm stuck with the stupid expensive OE replacements. My front struts are shot, too. They lasted until 190,000 miles, but I think when I put on the lowering springs, it was too much for them. First the right front went bad, then the left front. At almost $700 each, I'm just dealing with it being a little bouncy.
      RockAuto.com has Monroe 4C shocks/struts for S60Rs/V70Rs for only about $230 each. I wonder if they will eventually carry something similar for the S80 V8 4C?
      I'm assuming it is still Monroe stuff, just a slightly different part number?
      2002 Volvo S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust, 2:05 at BIR long course || 2006 Volvo S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 Volvo S80 V8 (his), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 Volvo XC70 T6 (hers), 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer

    28. #26
      Senior Member Warpedcow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Apple Valley, MN
      Posts
      11,786
      Quote Originally Posted by PIE View Post
      What size wheels and tires are those?
      2002 Volvo S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust, 2:05 at BIR long course || 2006 Volvo S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 Volvo S80 V8 (his), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 Volvo XC70 T6 (hers), 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer

    29. #27
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      Sweden
      Posts
      66
      Quote Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
      Your car is fantastic, nice!

      However, I think you're missing my point from above. A couple of hundred people might see your license plate in this forum, however, on a daily basis as you drive (in real life) thousands of people can see your license.

      So, my question is, why are you concerned about the couple of hundred "viewers" on this forum seeing your plate, but you are not worried about the thousands and thousands of people that see your plate on the road, back in Sweden. (?)
      Just plain paranoia I guess. I figure that people that's going to do something with my car (steal parts or whatever) isn't the people that I meet in everyday traffic. They are lurking the internet at home, looking at the stuff that's been done to cars, locating them etc. I've seen this too many times on swedish forums. Users showing off their cars, doing mods etc with their licence plate showing just to have their car vandalized and parts stolen off of them.

      It's just not a chance I'm willing to take I guess. But it's probably totally overkill since my car sits in a locked garage at night time.

    30. #28
      Junior Member PIE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      SG
      Posts
      150
      Quote Originally Posted by Warpedcow View Post
      What size wheels and tires are those?

      These are 19x8.5 offset 45

      I was on 18" Odysseus previously...

      My tires are Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymm 2 - 245/35/19 (I was also using Eagle F1s previously on the 18"), really tacky tires and fantastic in wet conditions. Price is good compared to other tyres of similar class...
      Last edited by PIE; 09-20-2013 at 06:34 PM.

    31. #29
      two days ago, I took my car for service and I saw this:




      my previous S80.
      I was shocked because it was in a bad condition

    32. #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Warpedcow View Post
      RockAuto.com has Monroe 4C shocks/struts for S60Rs/V70Rs for only about $230 each. I wonder if they will eventually carry something similar for the S80 V8 4C?
      I'm assuming it is still Monroe stuff, just a slightly different part number?
      They are still made by Monroe. In fact, Monroe codeveloped the Four C system along with Volvo. I have seen the shocks/struts available directly from Monroe for the old Rs. I hope that they eventually offer something like this for the newer cars. However, I believe they sold more old Rs than newer models with Four C fitted, considering that it was standard on all Rs, but optional on S80s, and only for two years. Not to mention the fact that it's a fairly rare option. It simply may not be worth it for them to bring them to public market. The good news is that I replaced a noisy strut mount today, and it seems to have improved the feel of the struts in the front too. That's the first time I've ever had that happen. Maybe the noise of the strut mount was screwing with my mind and making me imagine that the front suspension was messed up.
      2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Polestar + Snabb | 93,000 Miles
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 307,000 Miles
      1998 Volvo V70 R | 2001 Audi S8 | 1992 Subaru SVX | 2004 Maserati Spyder
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars

    33. #31
      I love the exhaust pipes. Are they fitted to your stock mufflers?
      2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Polestar + Snabb | 93,000 Miles
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 307,000 Miles
      1998 Volvo V70 R | 2001 Audi S8 | 1992 Subaru SVX | 2004 Maserati Spyder
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars

    34. #32
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      Ca
      Posts
      186
      All washed up!
      [IMG]<a href=http://s1278.photobucket.com/albums/y512/jose_torres_job/?action=view&current=20130927_143855_zps20747e3e.j pg target=_blank><img src=http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y512/jose_torres_job/20130927_143855_zps20747e3e.jpg border=0 alt=></a>[/IMG]

      <a href=http://s1278.photobucket.com/albums/y512/jose_torres_job/?action=view&current=20130910_131217_zpsc8610987.j pg target=_blank><img src=http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y512/jose_torres_job/20130910_131217_zpsc8610987.jpg border=0 alt=></a>

    35. #33
      Junior Member PIE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      SG
      Posts
      150
      Quote Originally Posted by josetorres View Post
      All washed up!
      [IMG]<a href=http://s1278.photobucket.com/albums/y512/jose_torres_job/?action=view&current=20130927_143855_zps20747e3e.j pg target=_blank><img src=http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y512/jose_torres_job/20130927_143855_zps20747e3e.jpg border=0 alt=></a>[/IMG]

      <a href=http://s1278.photobucket.com/albums/y512/jose_torres_job/?action=view&current=20130910_131217_zpsc8610987.j pg target=_blank><img src=http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y512/jose_torres_job/20130910_131217_zpsc8610987.jpg border=0 alt=></a>

      Love the color! White is pretty rare over here...

    36. #34
      Junior Member PIE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      SG
      Posts
      150
      Quote Originally Posted by itwontstopsnowin View Post
      I love the exhaust pipes. Are they fitted to your stock mufflers?
      Snow, are you referring to mine?



      If yes, these are welded to the stock mufflers. I was thinking of replacing them with Remus CF pipes...

    37. #35
      Junior Member PIE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      SG
      Posts
      150

      Close up

      Close up pic posted, spot any difference (besides the DRL and red lightning plate)?


    38. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast