The Official Swedespeed S80 Photo Thread - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Results 71 to 105 of 291
    1. #71
      Member
      Join Date
      Jul 2004
      Location
      Ottawa, ON
      Posts
      4,342
      Quote Originally Posted by itwontstopsnowin View Post
      Gorgeous colour.
      1998 Volvo C70 HPT Coupe - Saffron/Soft Silver, 5 speed, Koni shocks/struts, 1.7" IPD Sport Springs, sconeman short shifter, 6000K HIDs, 15% tint. Off the road for the last 2 years and now looking for a new home.
      2012 FIAT 500 Sport - Azzurro/Marrone V-maxx coilovers with KW shocks, CCW reps, SILA short ram intake, 5000k HIDs/Yellow fogs.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. #72
      Junior Member bluestreak614's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      Morgantown, WV
      Posts
      152
      Just wanna take a minute to praise the car based on my last week experiences. A week ago, I sweved a deer at 75mph across an entire lane of highway abruptly (nobody else around). There was zero chance of braking as it darted out of nowhere. I was very surprised how controlled it felt without harsh body roll. It felt like a big swooping ship that curved right around the thing without jarring me around. Very smooth. Even at a full 75 mph abrupt swerve!

      Saturday I climbed a steep muddy and rutted trail to hunting camp wihout any problems (hello AWD). On the way home, I hit an ice storm for 120 miles across a poorly kept interstate. There were many accidents all over the road, but the car never slipped, skidded, or failed to do anything except push on straight ahead. People were spinning out, but not my S80. I never felt like I was in danger of doing so. After it became a winter mix (not just ice) I was pushing right ahead at the speed limit. There was only me and one other car, which I couldn't make out the taillights to identify a make and model, that was also pushing this kind of pace through the crappy weather without a problem. After 60 miles or so, I got up closer to the car and saw it was a Bentley Continental GT.
      Then yesterday, I took it across the backwoods trails at Cooper's Rock State Forrest to my hunting spot without a hitch. All of the 4WD trucks were looking at me like, "what is that guy doing back here with a car like that?"

      Overall, I'm extremely pleased and with the AWD V8 and DTSC performance in tough situations and for once I'm not dreading the winter weather I used to experience in my FWD Sebring

      part of yesterday's trail (pics never do anything justice)
      Last edited by bluestreak614; 11-26-2013 at 09:55 AM. Reason: add pic
      2007 Volvo S80 V8 AWD
      Black and Tan
      ODO: 121,000 miles

    4. #73
      Quote Originally Posted by bluestreak614 View Post
      Just wanna take a minute to praise the car based on my last week experiences. A week ago, I sweved a deer at 75mph across an entire lane of highway abruptly (nobody else around). There was zero chance of braking as it darted out of nowhere. I was very surprised how controlled it felt without harsh body roll. It felt like a big swooping ship that curved right around the thing without jarring me around. Very smooth. Even at a full 75 mph abrupt swerve!

      Saturday I climbed a steep muddy and rutted trail to hunting camp wihout any problems (hello AWD). On the way home, I hit an ice storm for 120 miles across a poorly kept interstate. There were many accidents all over the road, but the car never slipped, skidded, or failed to do anything except push on straight ahead. People were spinning out, but not my S80. I never felt like I was in danger of doing so. After it became a winter mix (not just ice) I was pushing right ahead at the speed limit. There was only me and one other car, which I couldn't make out the taillights to identify a make and model, that was also pushing this kind of pace through the crappy weather without a problem. After 60 miles or so, I got up closer to the car and saw it was a Bentley Continental GT.
      Then yesterday, I took it across the backwoods trails at Cooper's Rock State Forrest to my hunting spot without a hitch. All of the 4WD trucks were looking at me like, "what is that guy doing back here with a car like that?"

      Overall, I'm extremely pleased and with the AWD V8 and DTSC performance in tough situations and for once I'm not dreading the winter weather I used to experience in my FWD Sebring

      part of yesterday's trail (pics never do anything justice)
      It's great to hear that you like your new S80. I have yet to hear somebody say that these cars didn't exceed their expectations.
      2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Polestar + Snabb | 93,000 Miles
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 307,000 Miles
      1998 Volvo V70 R | 2001 Audi S8 | 1992 Subaru SVX | 2004 Maserati Spyder
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars

    5. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    6. #74
      Junior Member bluestreak614's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      Morgantown, WV
      Posts
      152
      2007 Volvo S80 V8 AWD
      Black and Tan
      ODO: 121,000 miles

    7. #75
      here's a fun pic of the V8 in my car with the intake manifold off as I replaced it this week.



      And a rare pic of my car covered in dirt just before I started working on the intake manifold.

      Last edited by itwontstopsnowin; 11-29-2013 at 03:00 PM.
      2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Polestar + Snabb | 93,000 Miles
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 307,000 Miles
      1998 Volvo V70 R | 2001 Audi S8 | 1992 Subaru SVX | 2004 Maserati Spyder
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars

    8. #76
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      Ca
      Posts
      186
      Quote Originally Posted by itwontstopsnowin View Post
      here's a fun pic of the V8 in my car with the intake manifold off as I replaced it this week.



      And a rare pic of my car covered in dirt just before I started working on the intake manifold.

      Love the ember black. But when when s black car gets dirty, it's obvious like no other color, haha.

    9. #77
      Junior Member bluestreak614's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      Morgantown, WV
      Posts
      152
      black is a blessing and a curse. When its clean, you have the sharpest looking car, but when its dirty
      2007 Volvo S80 V8 AWD
      Black and Tan
      ODO: 121,000 miles

    10. #78
      Quote Originally Posted by bluestreak614 View Post
      black is a blessing and a curse. When its clean, you have the sharpest looking car, but when its dirty
      Welcome to my life!
      2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Polestar + Snabb | 93,000 Miles
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 307,000 Miles
      1998 Volvo V70 R | 2001 Audi S8 | 1992 Subaru SVX | 2004 Maserati Spyder
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars

    11. #79
      Quote Originally Posted by itwontstopsnowin View Post

      Those are the painted venators as opposed to chrome right?

    12. #80
      Member bd5400's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2011
      Location
      Wisconsin
      Posts
      1,006
      Quote Originally Posted by iceman2g View Post
      Those are the painted venators as opposed to chrome right?
      I believe they're just dirty

    13. #81
      Quote Originally Posted by bd5400 View Post
      I believe they're just dirty
      Exactly. They're just dirty chromies. I have two sets of chrome venators. One set for summer (flawless), and one set for winter.
      2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Polestar + Snabb | 93,000 Miles
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 307,000 Miles
      1998 Volvo V70 R | 2001 Audi S8 | 1992 Subaru SVX | 2004 Maserati Spyder
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars

    14. #82
      Quote Originally Posted by bd5400 View Post
      I believe they're just dirty
      Exactly. They're just dirty chromies. I have two sets of chrome venators. One set for summer (flawless), and one set for winter.

      This pic shows my winter wheels and snow tires installed.

      2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Polestar + Snabb | 93,000 Miles
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 307,000 Miles
      1998 Volvo V70 R | 2001 Audi S8 | 1992 Subaru SVX | 2004 Maserati Spyder
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars

    15. #83
      Junior Member bluestreak614's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      Morgantown, WV
      Posts
      152
      Quote Originally Posted by itwontstopsnowin View Post


      Would you happen to know where can I find the lower chrome trim?
      2007 Volvo S80 V8 AWD
      Black and Tan
      ODO: 121,000 miles

    16. #84
      Quote Originally Posted by bluestreak614 View Post
      Would you happen to know where can I find the lower chrome trim?
      All of the V8 chrome is available as a kit from Volvo for about 700 bucks. You can also buy the chrome door trim individually from Volvo.
      2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Polestar + Snabb | 93,000 Miles
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 307,000 Miles
      1998 Volvo V70 R | 2001 Audi S8 | 1992 Subaru SVX | 2004 Maserati Spyder
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars

    17. #85
      Beautiful cars everyone!

    18. #86
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      Ca
      Posts
      186
      [IMG]<a href=http://s1278.photobucket.com/albums/y512/jose_torres_job/?action=view&current=20140113_161542_zpsaf295d2e.j pg target=_blank><img src=http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y512/jose_torres_job/20140113_161542_zpsaf295d2e.jpg border=0 alt=></a>[/IMG]
      All washed and waxed! Haven't posted a picture in a while but car is still a beauty. I just love the white exterior and the tan interior so much, it's why I can't seem to let the car go for a v8. Can't find another car with the same color set that has heated and ventilated seats. Its hard enough to find the tan seats in good condition If I did, I would probably jump on it instantly!

    19. #87
      Junior Member PIE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      SG
      Posts
      150
      Couple of days back, after a "free" wash at the agent...


      Snow, my number is pretty close to yours...

    20. #88
      Junior Member PIE's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      SG
      Posts
      150
      Added a bit of "bass" to my ride


    21. #89
      Junior Member bluestreak614's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      Morgantown, WV
      Posts
      152
      Dealer Photo Throwback


      2007 Volvo S80 V8 AWD
      Black and Tan
      ODO: 121,000 miles

    22. #90
      Junior Member bluestreak614's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      Morgantown, WV
      Posts
      152
      2007 Volvo S80 V8 AWD
      Black and Tan
      ODO: 121,000 miles

    23. #91
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2013
      Location
      Ca
      Posts
      186
      Used this Meguiars White Wax on my car the other day and have to say it works really well. Added a nice shine to the car. It's for all light cars even though is says white apparently, but there is also a black wax one since I know many on here have a black S80. Thought I would post a picture since I finally updated the wheels on my car and gave it a nice wash myself.
      [IMG][/IMG]

    24. #92
      Quote Originally Posted by josetorres View Post
      Used this Meguiars White Wax on my car the other day and have to say it works really well. Added a nice shine to the car. It's for all light cars even though is says white apparently, but there is also a black wax one since I know many on here have a black S80. Thought I would post a picture since I finally updated the wheels on my car and gave it a nice wash myself.
      [IMG][/IMG]
      Here's my thread with my review of the Meguiars White Wax and Black Wax:

      http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...cs-Ember-Black
      2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Polestar + Snabb | 93,000 Miles
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 307,000 Miles
      1998 Volvo V70 R | 2001 Audi S8 | 1992 Subaru SVX | 2004 Maserati Spyder
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars

    25. #93
      In on this! New to the forum, so might as well introduce my self:




      It's boring compared to a lot of S80's here on the forum, but I'll get there eventually, you're gonna see me around for some time. It's nothing less than the D5, originally I was hoping for a T6 or a V8. But coughing up 400 000 - 700 000 NOK for them was a deal breaker, the equivalent of 67 000 USD to 120 000 USD.
      Last edited by Ryanvelvet; 06-10-2014 at 06:46 AM.

    26. #94
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      May 2014
      Location
      Germany
      Posts
      27
      Quote Originally Posted by bd5400 View Post
      Really? Mine only does it when I start the car as well. If it happened every time I applied the brake it would probably drive me crazy. Maybe the XC90 checks each time the light is used rather than at start up like the S80 (I'm assuming you're referring to your XC90).
      Had this problem on an Opel Astra station wagon, I just kinda went on with it for a while, turns out it was a sensor in the caliper that went out.....25 dollar fix, If I would've caught it on time. But after 6 months, I ended up having to replace the caliper and the rotor. Hope this helps.

      -Tiny
      - Tiny, 2007 Volvo S80 2.5T, I5, Titanium Gray/ Black, 260Hp, NAV, ACC, 8,000K Headlights, Foglights, and High Beams, Sport Suspension Package, Nav Sys, Park Assist, IAQS, BLIS.

    27. #95
      I snapped a few pics of both my Volvos parked on the street the other day. The last pic got photo bombed by my S4. I guess it was jealous.





      2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Polestar + Snabb | 93,000 Miles
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 307,000 Miles
      1998 Volvo V70 R | 2001 Audi S8 | 1992 Subaru SVX | 2004 Maserati Spyder
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars

    28. #96
      Senior Member Warpedcow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Apple Valley, MN
      Posts
      11,761
      Quote Originally Posted by Ryanvelvet View Post
      It's boring compared to a lot of S80's here on the forum, but I'll get there eventually, you're gonna see me around for some time. It's nothing less than the D5, originally I was hoping for a T6 or a V8. But coughing up 400 000 - 700 000 NOK for them was a deal breaker, the equivalent of 67 000 USD to 120 000 USD.
      You should move to the USA. I bought my S80 V8 just over a year ago with 40,000 miles on it, Certified Pre-Owned, for 16500 USD. Gas is still under 4 USD per gallon.
      2002 Volvo S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust, 2:05 at BIR long course || 2006 Volvo S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 Volvo S80 V8 (his), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 Volvo XC70 T6 (hers), 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer

    29. #97
      Junior Member Denis_S80_V8's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2014
      Location
      Croatia / Europe
      Posts
      287
      I decided to post here few pics of mine S80 V8. I love the car. And hope that succsesor would have some V8 engine option opposing now proclaimed 4 cyl engines.
      Altough petrol prices in Croatia and Austria where I live and frequent travel are high, the sound and the power are massive.

















      Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
      Using Tapatalk

    30. #98
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Location
      Bethlehem, PA
      Posts
      28
      Quote Originally Posted by PIE View Post
      Couple of days back, after a "free" wash at the agent...


      Snow, my number is pretty close to yours...
      Love the color. What wheels are those?
      2009 Volvo S80 T6 | Oyster Grey | Climate |Mine|
      2011 Volvo XC70 T6 | Ice White | BLIS |Hers|

    31. #99
      Senior Member Warpedcow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Apple Valley, MN
      Posts
      11,761

      Recent photo of the summer wheel/tire setup.
      Sparco Asseta Garo (or something like that) 18x8 ET45 with Continental ExtremeContact DW tires in 245/45/18.
      2002 Volvo S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust, 2:05 at BIR long course || 2006 Volvo S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 Volvo S80 V8 (his), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 Volvo XC70 T6 (hers), 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer

    32. #100
      Quote Originally Posted by Warpedcow View Post

      Recent photo of the summer wheel/tire setup.
      Sparco Asseta Garo (or something like that) 18x8 ET45 with Continental ExtremeContact DW tires in 245/45/18.
      I'm moving up to that tire size the next time I need new tires. I could really use the extra sidewall for protecting the wheels. It actually looks better, too.
      2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Polestar + Snabb | 93,000 Miles
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 307,000 Miles
      1998 Volvo V70 R | 2001 Audi S8 | 1992 Subaru SVX | 2004 Maserati Spyder
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars

    33. #101
      Junior Member benbow's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 2011
      Location
      California
      Posts
      346
      I finally got around to cleaning and waxing our S80. It will not stay this clean for very long because of the dust on this private road that connects to the paved public roads. After our next 1500 mile tour it will reach 15000 miles and I'll bring it in for it's second dealer service. No issues so far.









      Last edited by benbow; 07-30-2014 at 01:48 AM.
      2012 Volvo S80 3.2L Flamenco red metallic, red leather 36K miles
      1994 Volvo 940 2.3L red, URO headlights 210K miles
      1979 Peugeot 504 white 2.1L diesel
      1972 Porsche 914 silver 1.8L
      1960 Borgward Isabella 1.5L

    34. #102
      Where can I get those LED lights that run to the sides of the foglights? (I googled it but there are a few options and I want the best ones money can buy not some 2nd rate ones. I want what you guys recommend). Do these come on when you turn the car on automatically?

      Who installed them? i hate doing electrical work on modern cars. Old cars are fine...
      Last edited by deepfried; 07-30-2014 at 07:52 AM.

    35. #103
      Junior Member Freeman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Location
      Travis AFB, CA
      Posts
      44
      Here you go. A plethora of information here for you:

      http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...RL-replacement

    36. #104
      Quote Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
      Here you go. A plethora of information here for you:

      http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...RL-replacement
      Sweet. Thanks.

      Not sure I want to go down this route yet. I am on the fence on whether I like the LED look. When you start seeing lower end economy cars with LED (either factory or aftermarket) you start to wonder if LED lights will cheapen the look of your premium car...

    37. #105
      Junior Member Freeman's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2014
      Location
      Travis AFB, CA
      Posts
      44
      I'm actually really looking forward to this addition on my vehicle. I enjoy the way they look on the Audi as well as Mercedes and Volvo is no exception. Depending on the way you wire them, they can be always on or on with your fogs only or headlights, etc.

    38. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast