Aftermarket In-Dash GPS/DVD on XC90 Solved - Page 6
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
      Just bought a 2005 XC90.

How easy or difficult is it to install a basic double din aftermarket radio?

I'm not necessarily looking for NAV or a back-up camera.

Just something that has a bluetooth link-up and maybe USB and aux ports.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hi all,

I have installed the radio with the kit from Incartec (FK-860). But I'm struggling with the Navigation. The RTI from Volvo doesn't work anymore. The screen doesn't appear anymore. Does anybody know what can be done? Maybe I forgot some wires or to order an adapter for it?
      Is there anybody who has installed this with the RTI still working?

Thank you.

Regards
      Last edited by TomBouckaert; 12-27-2016 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Spelling error

Do steering wheel controls (w/o nav) still work with aftermarket stereo?
      2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Hybrid Touring (Plasma Green)
      2006 Volvo XC90 (Ocean Blue)
      2004 Volvo S60R (Flash Green) ::SOLD::
      2000 Volvo V70R (Laser Blue) "Project Oh Boy"
      1998 Volvo V70 NA (White) ::SOLD::

Quote Originally Posted by toothpaste View Post
      Just bought a 2005 XC90.

How easy or difficult is it to install a basic double din aftermarket radio?

I'm not necessarily looking for NAV or a back-up camera.

Just something that has a bluetooth link-up and maybe USB and aux ports.
      The install is more time consuming than difficult. Following the instructions and getting everything pre-wired is helpful. I like to build the wiring harness prior to the install, solder the wires and make it tidy. Then, take a Saturday and pull things a part and install the incartec adapters and get things working.

If you are comfortable with a regular stereo install in a car, then this is not much more difficult.
      chris@swedespeed.com | instagram.com/swedespeed
      2013 C30 Polestar - #141/250 -
      Rebel Blue, 6MT, Climate, RearVision camera
      2016 XC90 R-Design T6 - Passion Red, air suspension, B&W, Vision, Convenience, Polestar
      2015.5 V60 T6 R-Design Platinum - Rebel Blue, snabb intake, do88 FMIC, KPAX exhaust, KW V3 coilovers

I'll be doing a kenwood install tomorrow and have spent tonight getting the wiring harness all done up. I'm left with having to find fused power, switched power and ground for the head unit. Any suggestions on where I can tap these from?
      2007 XC90 3.2 AWD
      Willow Green on cream leather
      69,000kms, RSE
      Vancouver Island

Are you using the InCarTec jumper? Switched and ground are part of the amp bypass kit.
      I strongly recommend running the ground back to the battery. I had a lot of ground loop problems until I did. I cut and spliced in at the supplied plug under the passenger seat.
      Unswitched, if I remember right, I pulled off the fuse box. Been a while but I'm like 70% sure it's the one under the dash, not on the side of the dash. You need to probe around then add a fuse tap. Just make sure you wait until the car puts itself to sleep after 5 minutes. (Key off and out, leave door open, wait 5 minutes until everything powers down.)
      2006 XC90 V8, AVH-4000NEX, PDX-F4 & M12, L1v2, GZUF60SQ, GB12D4, PWK designed box, custom exhaust, Scorpion Verde summer/Ronal RT's, IPD bars.
      2008 328xi, AVH-X7800BT, GM-D8604 & D9605, MT-230, GB40, XE 200, Primo 12", Musicar NW box, Sottozero 3/185's, S-04/Ventoso's.
      2011 XC60 T6 RD, DWS 06, 1980 TR8​, NT05

I'm using the full incartec kit. I read somewhere in this thread that the red lead out of the bypass harness didn't provide voltage, but I'll check and confirm. If it does, I'll amend the harness to incorporate that. I'll see what I can find in the under dash fusebox for unswitched. Thanks!
      2007 XC90 3.2 AWD
      69,000kms, RSE
      Vancouver Island

I have installed a full incartec kit but can't get my steeringwheel controls and pdc to work.
      The green and yellow light on the interface is on.
      Have a Dynaaudio/premium sound with Rti
      The rti is turend off by deprogramming it by a dealer.

I used InCarTec's steering wheel module for the Pioneer and it works fine on my Pioneer. I think they program it before shipping whereas the Metra unit needs programing by the installer.
      Make sure you plugged the steering wheel control into the correct hole in the back of the HU. The microphone hole and wired remote hole look similar.
      I didn't buy the PDC so I'm no help there. One of my sensors was fried anyway so I'm just using a backup camera.
      2006 XC90 V8, AVH-4000NEX, PDX-F4 & M12, L1v2, GZUF60SQ, GB12D4, PWK designed box, custom exhaust, Scorpion Verde summer/Ronal RT's, IPD bars.
      2008 328xi, AVH-X7800BT, GM-D8604 & D9605, MT-230, GB40, XE 200, Primo 12", Musicar NW box, Sottozero 3/185's, S-04/Ventoso's.

Quote Originally Posted by robtr8 View Post
      I used InCarTec's steering wheel module for the Pioneer and it works fine on my Pioneer. I think they program it before shipping whereas the Metra unit needs programing by the installer.
      Make sure you plugged the steering wheel control into the correct hole in the back of the HU. The microphone hole and wired remote hole look similar.
      I didn't buy the PDC so I'm no help there. One of my sensors was fried anyway so I'm just using a backup camera.
      My mic works fine. Will pull all apart again as soon as i get my mute relay.
      Wil also mount back up cam and front cam.

Anyone who have tried volvotech.eu rti adapter?
      Last edited by Botters; 02-11-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Finally got all the components in and working. Now i need to run the satellite antenna and rear camera signal wires from back to front. Whats the best way to do this? Under the headliner or pull out the interior plastic to run under the carpet?
      2007 XC90 3.2 AWD
      69,000kms, RSE
      Vancouver Island

I still haven't found my antenna cable in the dash. Did you get the antenna adapter mentioned a couple pages before?
      As for the camera cable, feeding it through the tailgate can be fun but once you're into the overhead, I went down the left side rearmost pillar and fed it up to the dash under the carpet. If you pop the seats out you can lift the carpet. Lots of room under there.

I snagged this one off amazon, works perfect.

https://www.amazon.com/HitCar-SINGLE...eed-convert-20

The upgrade is worth the cost - Car Play is nice, but being able to tailor the sound really brings the stock speakers to life. I couldn't stand the "am radio in the console" sound of the stock "high performance" system.

I'll run the wiring down the side along the carpet.
      Last edited by subtlT; 02-25-2017 at 02:09 PM.
      2007 XC90 3.2 AWD
      69,000kms, RSE
      Vancouver Island

I have installed several of these kits in cars Xc90s 2006 and below and have not once seen a radio antenna fakra connector. In this last kit I purchased the Fakra connector from incartec, but the cable is no where to be seen. Could it be that only cars 2007 and above have them?
      Anyone with a 2006 xc90 and below found the antenna cable?

Quote Originally Posted by robtr8 View Post
      I still haven't found my antenna cable in the dash. Did you get the antenna adapter mentioned a couple pages before?
      As for the camera cable, feeding it through the tailgate can be fun but once you're into the overhead, I went down the left side rearmost pillar and fed it up to the dash under the carpet. If you pop the seats out you can lift the carpet. Lots of room under there.
      Any luck locating the antenna cable?

I swear on a stack of bibles the stupid thing ain't there. I think. Pretty sure, anyway.
      I don't listen to terrestrial radio so it hasn't been a priority for me.
      Just ordered some AudioFrog GB60's for the front doors.

Ya thats what I thought. I think its only 07 and up.

Here is what I did with this install:
      http://imgur.com/a/y2Fbl

Thats just for testing, its screwed in now. Just took the antenna connector that came with the kit and pulled off the end and soldered a mini eye hook(I think thats what its called). Connected the radio and I seem to get every channel thats near me, removed the screw driver and the channels disappeard. Reconnected it and the channels worked again. Little jerry rig here, because I used aftermarket antennas for the previous installs and they all were very bad. Will take it for a drive tomorrow and see how the reception is.

Drove around and its perfect. Its the radio reception quality that the OEM unit gets. Wonder why nobody has come up with this before?

Simple, Easy Solution for 2003 XC90

Please help. I need a little advice...

I recently purchased a 2003 XC T6 and the radio is dead-as-a-doornail. Some lights (sometimes) on the buttons below display, some mechanic sounds come from the cd changer, but nothing on the display, no radio, no audio and nothing happens when you push the power button. I initially wanted to try and get the factory unit to work, but after troubleshooting, I think its not going to be worth it. I was going to get the ICM unit refurbished, but first wanted to check the tuner in the back is causing problems (someone mention this may be a reason why there audio/display isn't working? Makes no sense to me how the am/fm tuner effects the power and display...)

It looks like my XC90 has the 6-disc changer and park/back-up assist. I have no idea if it has navigation.

All I want is a cd player, am/fm radio that works and the option to hook a MP3 player to it (a simple aux in the front is fine). It would be nice to be able to use the steering wheel controls and the disc changer (although I can do without the disc changer).

I'm not very experienced when it comes to car audio, especially on this "MOST" system. I have done an install before, but that was a simple plug-in play with maybe two wires needing modification.

Any suggestions would be appreciated...
      Last edited by Mean Dean; 05-26-2017 at 09:02 AM.

21. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6