Aftermarket In-Dash GPS/DVD on XC90 Solved - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
      Hi, I'm new to the forum
      I read this thread and was very inspired. So i just ordered a kit from incartec to my XC90. It it looks pretty easy . But a wiring diagram would be helpfull. So i am very intrested in a wiring diagram showing the various InCarTec components and how they connect together.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I just order some of the pieces too. Skipped the PDC, going to have the dealer de-program the car for Park Assist and NAV tomorrow. Skipped the fascia too, figured it was the same as the Metra. I did add the camera.
      2006 XC90 V8, AVH-4000NEX, PDX-F4 & M12, L1v2, GZUF60SQ, GB12D4, PWK designed box, custom exhaust, Scorpion Verde summer/Ronal RT's, IPD bars.
      2008 328xi, AVH-X7800BT, GM-D8604 & D9605, MT-230, GB40, XE 200, Primo 12", Musicar NW box, Sottozero 3/185's, S-04/Ventoso's.
      2011 XC60 T6 RD, IPD rear, DWS 06, 1980 TR8​, NT05

Write-up on my system. Very happy with the InCarTech to a point. http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...-on-the-stereo
      2006 XC90 V8, AVH-4000NEX, PDX-F4 & M12, L1v2, GZUF60SQ, GB12D4, PWK designed box, custom exhaust, Scorpion Verde summer/Ronal RT's, IPD bars.
      2008 328xi, AVH-X7800BT, GM-D8604 & D9605, MT-230, GB40, XE 200, Primo 12", Musicar NW box, Sottozero 3/185's, S-04/Ventoso's.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Hi Chris,

first of all...thank you very much for this thread and for the pictures.

In the next time i like to change the radio like you.

I have a question

I am going to work on an update wiring diagram showing the various InCarTec components and how they connect together. This should be helpful for future installs.

Do you have this diagram? Or is this diagram finished?

Awesome work....respect

Quote Originally Posted by EagleSoldier View Post
      Hi Chris,

first of all...thank you very much for this thread and for the pictures.

In the next time i like to change the radio like you.

I have a question

I am going to work on an update wiring diagram showing the various InCarTec components and how they connect together. This should be helpful for future installs.

Do you have this diagram? Or is this diagram finished?

Awesome work....respect
      I haven't had had the time to do it up but I have had a couple requests this week. Let me see if I can pull some picts together and an updated diagram this week. Everything is still working great with our setup - steering wheel controls and PDC.

Quote Originally Posted by bedista View Post
      Chris-

What module did you use for the parking sensor -- CANM8? Also, is that a premium system in your XC90? If so, are you able to get audio from your center ? Is 22w rms enough for 10 or 12 speakers? Thanks.
      yes - our R-Design had the premium sound system - the center speak is not working. The output from the Kenwood is more than sufficient for our needs.

I used this for the parking sensor: Volvo V70 S60 XC90 (05>) PDC Interface (25-509)

Quote Originally Posted by jasonl33w View Post
      Hi, I'm new to the forum.

I have a 2009 xc90 which has the MOST interface. I assume the newer models do as well. I understood in all other threads I have seen that the radio cannot be removed or else things like SRS lights happen.
      In your setup it looks like you removed all these parts including amp and radio. Did I understand that correctly? The most interface can basically be ignored and only the controls over the can bus are needed?
      I would love to replace my stock system, and this is the first bit of hope I've seen.
      Hi Jason, Yes - I have removed the amp and radio. InCartec makes CANBUS interfaces that allow the aftermarket radios to operate in the XC90. No SRS lights. Make sure you disconnect the battery and have all connections secure prior to reconnecting the battery and you should avoid and codes getting tripped.

Do you need to bypass the stock amp? Or can I use the stock amp on my dads 06 xc90?
      2005 S60R M66 Magic Blue/Nordkap BUILD THREAD
      1996 855R Black/Black
      1983 242 GLT TURBO M46 Seneca Red BUILD THREAD
      1988 245+T M46 Scotia Blue BUILD THREAD - Crushed
      INSTAGRAM - @johnaji

Quote Originally Posted by glocksrox18 View Post
      Do you need to bypass the stock amp? Or can I use the stock amp on my dads 06 xc90?
      If there is an adapter/interface, you might be able to use the stock amp.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@swedespeed View Post
      If there is an adapter/interface, you might be able to use the stock amp.
      Doesn't the new head unit harness have the wires for the stock amp?
      1996 855R Black/Black
      INSTAGRAM - @johnaji

The headunit - not specifically for the amp, it has the traditional speaker wires.

There is a bypass cable: 20-307-amplifier bypass cable.

http://incartec.co.uk/volvo/2258/103...o/Browser.aspx

Let's say I couldn't get the stock amp to work with the pioneer head unit... Could I run the system without any amp? Or would I definitely need to get an aftermarket amp? And what does the can bus you got do? Do you need it to retain the steering wheel controls?
      1996 855R Black/Black
      INSTAGRAM - @johnaji

I am running just my Kenwood without an amp and it sounds great. The Pioneer should also work the same.

Quote Originally Posted by chris@swedespeed View Post
      I haven't had had the time to do it up but I have had a couple requests this week. Let me see if I can pull some picts together and an updated diagram this week. Everything is still working great with our setup - steering wheel controls and PDC.
      Thank you very much Chris....

Hi Chris,

something new

Hi.
      I made my installation for about a month. It works like a charm. Used all the Cables that Chris used. It was pretty straight forward. I have a double din sony unit. Installed a rearcamera, mikrofon for the Telephone and it works. The only bump on the road was that i didnt find the antenna connector om my factoryinstalled antenna. Installed a glasantenna on the front window. It works but not satisfactory.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleSoldier View Post
      Hi Chris,

something new
      Really sorry guys - over come by events with work. I need to find a couple hours to write the details.

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum. I recently bought a 2006 XC90, and I'm hoping to do the incartec install with a Pioneer AVH-4000NEX unit. Excited about the CarPlay integration. This is literally the only thread I have found anywhere on any forum that has given me hope of actually being able to put an aftermarket head unit in this car. So, Chris, many thanks for the research and the work you have put into this.

My question: Does anyone know if the Metra Axxess ASWC steering wheel control unit would work instead of incartec's unit? It's less than half the price on Amazon.

Hi listjr1,

on the homepage from this unit say, that this product works for your Volvo

http://axxessinterfaces.com/index.ph...roducts_id=197

http://axxessinterfaces.com/index.ph...age=page&id=19 (select your vehicle -> and press Volvo 10 pin)

I just installed my kit yesterday, It's not to hard if your familiar with wiring. I didn't have the antenna connection in the roof either, I picked up a powered window mount antenna and it is horrible. What did you guys do for an antenna?

The only radio I listen to anymore is NPR and Baseball. There's APP's for both. Lot of people are doing the streaming audio too. (Spotify, iRadio, Beats)

Chris your inbox is full. Where did you order the radio harness from? I ordered everything off incartec but none said they included the radio harness
      1996 855R Black/Black
      INSTAGRAM - @johnaji

Chris, how long did it take to receive your shipment from incartec?
      1996 855R Black/Black
      INSTAGRAM - @johnaji

Couple days for me, just be aware you'll owe some importation duties to DHL.

Quote Originally Posted by robtr8 View Post
      Couple days for me, just be aware you'll owe some importation duties to DHL.
      Wouldn't that be taken care of at time of purchase?
      1996 855R Black/Black
      INSTAGRAM - @johnaji

You would think but I got a bill from DHL a couple weeks afterwards. Only $17 so no biggy but it was surprising. Don't care. The InCarTec stuff works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by robtr8 View Post
      You would think but I got a bill from DHL a couple weeks afterwards. Only $17 so no biggy but it was surprising. Don't care. The InCarTec stuff works perfectly.
      Was everything easy to install and setup? Because I got pretty much everything but the PDC since my dads car has no sensors
      1996 855R Black/Black
      INSTAGRAM - @johnaji

Ordered the whole kit from Incartec and got the Pioneer AVH-4000 NEX for the 2004, will let you all know if I find the antenna in the back or not... Thanks for all the info via email Chris, helped a lot.

I don't know if anyone here tried this model:
      http://www.carnaviplayer.com/volvo-x...-upgrade-p-939
      I just finished installing it last weekend and couldn't be happier. DHL shipping was very fast (though a bit pricey), it fits perfectly in the dash, it has a nice finishing, intuitive menus. My XC90 didn't come with a GPS or a CD changer so I found this as the best alternative.
      All is plug and play. I choose the wired rear view camera so running the cable was a bit challenging but all went well.
      Here's a big PLUS for the provider: the camera stopped working after a day of use. CarNavi was extremely responsive and, within a few hours, they agreed the built-in voltage regulator of the camera failed, therefore they would either send me a replacement or a refund. Once I accepted the refund, I had the PayPal confirmation in less than 30 seconds.
      I had other aftermarket GPS on my previous cars but this one is from far the best one: very fast satellite detection; it never failed to detect the signal even in cold cloudy weather.
      This was my second purchase from this supplier (first one was a rear view camera for 2012 VW Touareg) and had very good experience with them, both times.

Quote Originally Posted by raducris View Post
      I don't know if anyone here tried this model:
      http://www.carnaviplayer.com/volvo-x...-upgrade-p-939
      I just finished installing it last weekend and couldn't be happier. DHL shipping was very fast (though a bit pricey), it fits perfectly in the dash, it has a nice finishing, intuitive menus. My XC90 didn't come with a GPS or a CD changer so I found this as the best alternative.
      All is plug and play. I choose the wired rear view camera so running the cable was a bit challenging but all went well.
      Here's a big PLUS for the provider: the camera stopped working after a day of use. CarNavi was extremely responsive and, within a few hours, they agreed the built-in voltage regulator of the camera failed, therefore they would either send me a replacement or a refund. Once I accepted the refund, I had the PayPal confirmation in less than 30 seconds.
      I had other aftermarket GPS on my previous cars but this one is from far the best one: very fast satellite detection; it never failed to detect the signal even in cold cloudy weather.
      This was my second purchase from this supplier (first one was a rear view camera for 2012 VW Touareg) and had very good experience with them, both times.
      How long did the install take for this unit. I've seen it on line before, and a local installer is charging $1000 for the unit and install.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftyXC90 View Post
      How long did the install take for this unit. I've seen it on line before, and a local installer is charging $1000 for the unit and install.
      Hi Lefty, I tried that supplier from Kijiji too (I'm from Oakville) but his price is CAD $999 for the HU + $80 camera + $150 installation + tx. I end up paying CAD $702 + $32 customs, delivered by DHL at my door in 3 days.

Installation of the head unit itself is 20 minutes or less, if you did your homework before and know how to take out the OEM radio, to get to all the connectors. Be careful when removing the central speaker mask and don't pry anything against the dash, just straight upwards.
      The rear view camera installation took me a few hours to figure out how to remove all trims, where to drill a hole for the camera wire, how to fish the cable through the head-liner to the front passenger pillar. I wanted the cleanest install possible so that took me a good few hours, to optimize everything. Next time I could probably do it in 2.
      If you're not too far from Oakville, I can help you installing it.
      Last edited by raducris; 03-21-2015 at 06:01 AM. Reason: forgot price details

Quote Originally Posted by raducris View Post
      Hi Lefty, I tried that supplier from Kijiji too (I'm from Oakville) but his price is CAD $999 for the HU + $80 camera + $150 installation + tx. I end up paying CAD $702 + $32 customs, delivered by DHL at my door in 3 days.

Installation of the head unit itself is 20 minutes or less, if you did your homework before and know how to take out the OEM radio, to get to all the connectors. Be careful when removing the central speaker mask and don't pry anything against the dash, just straight upwards.
      The rear view camera installation took me a few hours to figure out how to remove all trims, where to drill a hole for the camera wire, how to fish the cable through the head-liner to the front passenger pillar. I wanted the cleanest install possible so that took me a good few hours, to optimize everything. Next time I could probably do it in 2.
      If you're not too far from Oakville, I can help you installing it.
      Thanks for the offer, and may take you up on it.
      If I decide to pull the trigger on this, will likely get the wireless camera option. Hopefully no need to fish any wires through the headliner.

The only thing that I don't like about this unit is that the screen is always up, no chance to retract / lower it.

Also, how is the radio function? Also, is there a way to remove icons from the main menu (for apps that you don't use)?

That is an interesting unit, too bad the unit does not retract or fold down.

Hello Chris and every body, I'm new into this and I found this topic very interesting.
      I tried to contact carnaviplayer.com about the system, but they replayed that the system will be without audio because my car doesn't have AUX port.
      So is it possible to fix the missing of AUX port in my car?
      Thanks.

My car is Volvo XC90 2004.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast