Broken Driver side Seat panel XC90, Repair - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Thank you for the great directions. Here is a pic showing the newly redesigned part on top with reinforcement and the original on the bottom. Different part numbers but both are the grey that goes with Offblack interior. This is for my 2008 XC90.

Quote Originally Posted by buycurious View Post
      ultimately the problem was just as pdlarson had predicted...
      1999 V70XC / Mostly stock under the hood / Several cosmetic mods inside and out
      2008 XC90 V8 Executive

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

There's just one problem with us driving these cars that is causing that part to crack. We are not at least 6'6" tall.

Our first one got done on warranty. I did another myself. Now I see my wife has taped up the third one.

Welcome to Volvo parts mafia selling again and again same part never improved.
      I changed soon left side now I spot also right side broken and I dont have electrical
      seats as I mostly drive my car sometimes now partner but this is plastic fantastic part
      selled in hundreds tousands and producers and VCC dont care - nice money as most of
      people dont change and go to Volvo service. Sucking vampires party again and again... LOL
      And we all know that its not question for 100 $ but bad design of some designers.
      Fat USA people entering in car seat first on side -snap paf...

Without electrical seat movement there is 3 screw to remove. First with cvery short screwdriver
      handle inside is screw. Very strange place.

XC90 2.5T VOR AWD 06.06.2006 last 2.5T 258.800 km
      260 HP 410 Nm Tuned Chip + Software

You can see on top screw to get idea where is hidden.

XC90 2.5T VOR AWD 06.06.2006 last 2.5T 258.800 km
      260 HP 410 Nm Tuned Chip + Software

Help with seat electronics after this repar by a dealer

Hi there I really hope you can help,

We had this repair done by the dealer but months afterward we have realised that the massager and the lumbar support electronics do not work (don't use these very often) they were obviously disconnected? (Or mucked about with) during the repair but now they want to charge us to fix it since its been so long since the original repair.

I wanted to ask if you might know where these components are connected to the seat electronics an if it might just be something we might be able to check ourselves.

PS THE SIDE PANEL HAS NOW CRACKED AGAIN AND WE CAN SEE WIRES HANHING OUT FROM THIS SECTION. THEY OF COURSE WANT TO CHARGE US AGAIN AS NOW THE CAR IS OUT OF WARRANTY $325.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wbsnow93 View Post
      Hey guys,
      Just the other day as i got out of my XC90 the plastic side panel of the driver seat cracked.

Tools:
      New Panel
      Wire Cutters
      T15
      T20
      2 Zip Ties
      Thanks for the write-up and excellent pictures. Fixed my sister's XC90 today, only took a few minutes. Just to clarify, the 3 screws that hold the control panel in place are T25.
      Last edited by AAIIIC; 12-24-2016 at 08:00 PM.

Second failure for us so this time I reinforced the inside of the new one with patio screen fiberglass mesh embedded in JBWeld 2 part plastic bonder. I keep this stuff on hand and have had good success using it for other plastic repairs.

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2