SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Possible New Head Unit for P1 Cars

80K views 314 replies 78 participants last post by  woodie 
#1 ·
Looks interesting, concerned about S60 reviews though

#3 ·
mhm. not fully convinced. the fitment doesn't seem perfect. also, the OEM volvo display seems to work as an overlay. (which probably isn't that bad, but coulnd't they integrate the functions into their screen design?)

it all depends on the price, I guess. also, the yt video kinda causes eye cancer. for a serious company, at least some quality videos would have been nice.

#33 ·
Just watched the 19 min video. Looks like they make some quality stuff. But since I didn't see the original video before it was taken down, I'm left wondering what the unit would look like for a P1 car.

All I have to go on is this...

mhm. not fully convinced. the fitment doesn't seem perfect. also, the OEM volvo display seems to work as an overlay. (which probably isn't that bad, but coulnd't they integrate the functions into their screen design?)
For $550-700 the fitment should be perfect.

If the unit can look good, do what its supposed to flawlessly, and interact with existing buttons properly... I'd be down for a group buy. But I need more info first.

#5 ·
they make units for other volvos, some SS users have install pics/how to's .. in R forum

they say that the Volvo C30/V50/S40/C70 Headunit has been in the works for 2 years. the key to it working is the "ICE adapter" it is an adaptor that bridges with the canbus and judging from the other models this will be $400-500 euros .. $550-700

#9 ·
if its the ball park of 500-600 i would go for this and is quality

#11 ·
Oops, just posted another thread about this. I'll delete it.

Also kind of interested in this, but wondering if it'll work in older model P1s without a SW update.

#12 ·
what years are we talking about here?

#16 ·
Very interesting! I would possibly go for something like this, if it can be integrated PERFECTLY. Meaning it fits seamlessly into the current opening and the integration of the buttons etc. works PROPERLY.

#17 ·
i'm looking at Bluepower's other units, in order to integrate it with current buttons and steering wheel its an additional $99 and if you want traffic option gps and wifi options its an additional cost as well.

i'm scared to see the final price with all options

#18 ·
Jonxy - i nominate you to be in charge of this project. get us all the options and at an affordable price.
so it is written.....

#23 ·
here is an unboxing of a similar Bluepower for a different model volvo. just to show you how the back and plugs would look like
the ice link is the coolest part... it shows most of the functionality and the GUI. like using your steering wheel to control your andriod/ios phone and change songs. also works with pandora and the like running on your phone. 19mins long!!

i'll try and find the other video too

#25 ·
I don't really use my steering wheel buttons to begin with. I really just want gps and to play songs of ipod/sd card. Hope that wont bump the price up too much :p

#31 ·
Depending on price but count me in.

#32 ·
You need a successful install on a p1 first otherwise it be a waste if you couldn't get it to work

Sent from my iPhone4S using Tapatalk while on the toilet.

#36 ·
I'm with Daim. Plug and play, factory look, flush, uses radio buttons and steering controls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.