2015 XC60 in the driveway
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more than 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

2015 XC60 in the driveway

Hi from a new member,

Thanks to everyone on this forum for sharing your Volvo knowledge and the overall congeniality of the space. Very helpful and appreciated.

We brought home a 2015 XC60 T6 this weekend, to join the 2014 S60 T6 we bought this past October. The XC is a Platinum with Tech, Climate, Blis, Xenons, Nav.

Below is a photo of the XC (I hope I got the instructions right)

Thanks again,

Nice! Are there many changes from the 2014? Still can't believe the 2015s are out.

Thanks. No major changes from the '14 as far as I can tell, maybe just a few minor cosmetic details, but I am certainly not the authority on any changes. We were told the 2015 XC60's aren't going to dealers for inventory for a little while longer. The car we bought was ordered for us.

Congrats! That is a fantastic looking XC60.
      2015 XC60 R-Design, Crystal White Pearl, Platinum / Tech / Enhanced BLIS / Climate / Front Camera / ERS
      2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Baja TX Series, Gloss Black

Congrats!........that's the legacy turbo 3.0L inline6 AWD? Did you get front camera? How about Connected Touch?

Quote Originally Posted by XC60 RD View Post
      Congrats!........that's the legacy turbo 3.0L inline6 AWD? Did you get front camera? How about Connected Touch?
      Thanks. Yes, it's a T6, so inline6, Turbo with AWD. It has park assist, but no front camera. No Connected Touch either.

Hmmmmmm, must be rough having to take those T6's for a drive! Nice
      The old - 2001 S60 totaled, 2003 XC90, 2004 S80, 2005 TSX, 2006 S60, 2009 V70, 2010 S80 totaled.
      The current - 2012 C30 T5 Ice White/Black/Blonde OSD
      2012 XC60 Caspian Blue/Beige

Comp 1, two totaled Volvos. Glad they kept you safe. I bought my first Volvo due to the safety features and now on my third one. Won't buy anything else. Passed the 2007 S80 to my daughter who has 2 kids. I feel much better with them in that car.

Two very nice drives. Welcome to SS and the MA Volvo community. Who is your dealer, just out of curiosity?

You might want to put your two cars' specs in your signature. Nice to see that someone else likes their Volvos well equipped. Life is too short to stint on the bells and whistles. Just my opinion, of course.

You don't seem to have much snow out your way. Central MA is going to lose its reputation as the snow belt of the state if you don't step up your game. We have more on the ground down here in SEMA.
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Drive-E T5 FWD, Power Blue/Off-Black, Platinum, BLIS, Front Seat Heat
      Current: 2012 XC70 T6 AWD, Twilight Bronze/Espresso/Beige, Platinum, Climate, Tech, Xenon, BLIS
      Past: 2012 S60 T5, Savile Grey; 2010 V70 3.2, Seashell; 2008 S40 T5, Orinoco Blue; 2007 V50 T5, Barents Blue

Congrats and great looking ride! BTW, what crossbar system do you have installed there?
      2015 Volvo XC60, E-Drive T5, Platinum, BLIS, Tech Pkg, heated front seats, Xenon
      2004 Volvo XC70
      2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L

I don't know if you use a different way for defining MY over there but my15 has not been released, nor manufactured!?
      --> All inclusive Terra Bronze XC60 T6 AWD and a Silver S40 2.0T <--

Congrats... do you run the cross bars all the time? Any wind noise? Get the Polestar upgrade for a little more fun with the T6.
      2011 S60 T6 & 2013 XC60 T6 Polestar

Quote Originally Posted by MartinS View Post
      I don't know if you use a different way for defining MY over there but my15 has not been released, nor manufactured!?
      It is a North America designation.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2015.5 XC60 T6 AWD R-design, Crystal White Pearl w/ Front Heated Seats/Platinum/BLIS package

Quote Originally Posted by Twindy View Post
      Comp 1, two totaled Volvos. Glad they kept you safe. I bought my first Volvo due to the safety features and now on my third one. Won't buy anything else. Passed the 2007 S80 to my daughter who has 2 kids. I feel much better with them in that car.
      Volvo's reputation for safety and the various safety features in these 2 cars were major factors in our decision making process.

Quote Originally Posted by volvobuff View Post
      Two very nice drives. Welcome to SS and the MA Volvo community. Who is your dealer, just out of curiosity?

You might want to put your two cars' specs in your signature. Nice to see that someone else likes their Volvos well equipped. Life is too short to stint on the bells and whistles. Just my opinion, of course.

You don't seem to have much snow out your way. Central MA is going to lose its reputation as the snow belt of the state if you don't step up your game. We have more on the ground down here in SEMA.
      We bought the cars from Steingold Volvo in Pawtucket, straight forward and pleasant experience. Nice down to earth family business.
      The XC is a bit better equipped than the S60 which we bought from dealer inventory.
      Snow.... i'm big on snow tires. The S60 has snows all around on steel wheels. We also have a Subaru with snows all around on dedicated alloys. We had a 325 XI with 4 snows as well which we sold after we got the S60.

You might have more snow down your way right now, but that will change soon enough. BTW, I grew up on the south shore.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
      Congrats and great looking ride! BTW, what crossbar system do you have installed there?
      The racks are the factory Volvo racks. We haven't driven the XC much yet, but yes, you can hear some wind noise. My wife already made me take them of (very easy to take on and off), so the rack will go on primarily for trips (ski & bike). We have plenty of Thule stuff around the garage which will fit on the Volvo racks nicely although I will need to buy an adaptor kit for the bike rails. (square bar to aero style with "T" channel)

Quote Originally Posted by moreorles View Post
      We bought the cars from Steingold Volvo in Pawtucket, straight forward and pleasant experience. Nice down to earth family business.
      For sure. Their store could use a little sprucing up, however. Viti in Tiverton has a nice, new, but very tiny store. They have great customer-friendly policies, including new Volvo service loaners, and free pickup and delivery for all service appointments. Unfortunately, they are drowning in unsold new car inventory right now. It's a tough time to be starting a new Volvo dealership from scratch. FWIIW, I was born in Pawtucket, but grew up in Warwick, so I know the territory down that way.

The XC is a bit better equipped than the S60 which we bought from dealer inventory.
      All of my Volvos have been special orders. No Volvo dealer in Eastern MA stocks loaded cars, with the occasional exception of BVV.

Snow.... i'm big on snow tires. The S60 has snows all around on steel wheels. We also have a Subaru with snows all around on dedicated alloys. We had a 325 XI with 4 snows as well which we sold after we got the S60.
      We don't usually get that much snow on the coast, so I haven't bothered with snow tires thus far. However, this winter is beginning to change my mind on the subject. In general, I have found our Volvos, both FWD and AWD, to be very good in <6" of the white stuff. I had a couple of RWD cars (BMW, Lexus) that really benefited from snows, however.

You might have more snow down your way right now, but that will change soon enough. BTW, I grew up on the south shore.
      We picked up another 5" today, with more on the way Wednesday. Your move.
      Current: 2015.5 V60 Drive-E T5 FWD, Power Blue/Off-Black, Platinum, BLIS, Front Seat Heat
      Current: 2012 XC70 T6 AWD, Twilight Bronze/Espresso/Beige, Platinum, Climate, Tech, Xenon, BLIS
      Past: 2012 S60 T5, Savile Grey; 2010 V70 3.2, Seashell; 2008 S40 T5, Orinoco Blue; 2007 V50 T5, Barents Blue

Quote Originally Posted by moreorles View Post

Stiengold in Pawtucket RI is where I purchased my XC 60 as well, you are correct in saying "straight forward and pleasant experience. Nice down to earth family business"
      2011.5 XC60 3.2 AWD/Saville Grey Metallic/Anthracite Black Leather/Premium/Climate/BLIS/Rear Cam/HID6k