SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

XC90 Spy Pics

50K views 192 replies 40 participants last post by  GameGoneChange 
#1 ·
#5 ·
Agreed. I particularly like the strong shoulder line which displays a continuity of design. The smaller Iron Mark on the grill is in very good taste and rejects the current trend toward gaudiness in badging. The accent lines above the rocker panels are a subtle accent. The LED taillights which are obviously based on the C and XC Concepts are particularly successful. The slimness of the A, B, C, and D pillars will contribute to vision safety and a feeling of openness for canines in the cargo area. I am glad that Volvo has not put roof racks on the XC which would have been dowdy. MOMA get ready.

#3 ·
Received the high-res photos earlier today. Haven't had a chance to post them yet. looks interesting. :)

#4 ·
#6 ·
Lol I wonder how long until Don Norchi says that a GM he knows walked in saw these pics and dropped his Volvo dealership converting it into a Subaru dealership.

-Turb

#8 ·
Is it not odd that this vehicle looks very low to the ground.

#9 ·
I was thinking that as well. You'd think the vehicle was lowered but then you see the wheel gaps. Production wheels are likely to be larger to fill out the wheel wells but it still looks low.

Granted, it doesn't seem much lower than an X5, if at all, so it's not out of the ordinary. It may look a little higher with the cladding removed from the front and rear bumpers. That rear cladding could be hiding the true departure angle.

#13 ·
I'm not sure I like the idea of doing away with the classic tall Volvo tail lights. This is kind of BMWish, but I won't judge until I see it in its real skin.

#14 ·
The Volvo tall tail lights are a very popular design. Honda used that design on the CRV and Caddy used them on the wagon. Can't imagine Volvo would discontinue. Assumming the rest of the lights are under the cammo.

#15 · (Edited)
No one has noticed anything other than how the car looks, which you can't judge since it's not the fully finished product and it's disguised in more ways than one.

#17 ·
Look at the dots.

#23 · (Edited)
Fronts have integrated lower rectangular fog lamps. Grill same as concept xc coupe except black surround. Has P1800esque front splitter like concept estate. Rear quarter glass slopes up like XC60. THE FINAL design has been done for awhile. All the testing is for systems check ie engine AWD electricals etc ;)
Rear has rectangular exhaust ports like estate concept n XC60. this SUV will sell and likely will make Volvo relavent again in the US. Volvo just has to get the word out. Ads are coming soon ;)

#32 · (Edited)
Split tailgate is gonzo........don't even think about it. POWER liftgate std OEM though;)
Euro plate will set on the lower valance like the estate concept and V40 with an a joining skid plate like the XC60;)
Someone here with photoshop skills should be able to render. informant wasn't allowed pictures
but said what Thomas showed in the slide presentation was the PRODUCTION SPA XC90. Details were just blurred out. final design was completed awhile back:D

#38 ·
I can say Las Vegas, but it doesn't mean anything to anyone.

#40 ·
If you say so.

#41 ·
Looking at the pictures I reckon it will have split trunk gates. Just because there is a single-piece cover under the rear window doesn't automatically mean that the trunk will be one piece.

The AutoPlus highway pictures show a clear line across the rear door at the hight of the rear lights. That could very well be the shut line between the two parts.

#42 ·
It does not have a split tailgate.

#44 ·
Nice to get some details confirmed already. Thanks guys. But how I envy all those with "inside information." Since there are more of these images emerging I'm glued to this forum and the Dutch Volvo Forum to get the latest information, such as a first glimpse of the really T-shaped DRL.

#46 ·
I'm sure I will. It already is a nice puzzle to match the hazy presentation images to the details we can see on the test cars. Examples are the running line above the door handles and the rear lights and rear window lines. It is quite interesting how some plastic cladding on the car can make the car look so different from what it will be. I like the fact that the wipers are almost hidden underneath the hood. That makes it look much more refined.

#47 ·
Wipers will be under the hood along with the nozzles like the XC60. full LED headlamps. Rear lamps like the slide, wraps slightly around like the XC60. Power lift single tailgate again like the XC60. interior inline with the estate concept but without all the BLING. standard 8 speed shift knob. HUD.............;)

#48 ·
Another pict in Amsterdam:

#53 ·
I love the air of secrecy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.