SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1/4 times - post yours with slips or vids

30K views 145 replies 39 participants last post by  phuz 
#1 · (Edited)
1/4 times - post yours with 2 slips or vids with time in it " not one glorious run and you telling us about it "...or it did not happen.

1--13.269 @ 105 mph by rangeball... mods = M66- Evolve Exhaust 3" Downpipe w/ Elec Cut Out, Aquamist, IPD Stage II tune.
2--
3--13.451 @ 102 mph by Ocean Racer..mods = GT5- 365hp @ 6000rpm, TME DP & exhaust,
IPD Stage II tune.
4--13.707 @ 100 mph by 666lm ... mods = M66-OBX Exhaust 3",GSX FMIC, BOV, ARD tune.
5--13.764 @ 104 mph by dougy
..... mods = GT6- Elevate Exhaust, 3" GSX DP & FMIC, 20G with 11 blade. on HILTON tune
6--13.782 @ 101 mph by usgiorgi...mods = - M66 = huge clutch dump and a great launch next day my slave cylinder was dead,
unknown tune.
7--
8--13.907 @ 104 mph by dougy ... mods = GT6- Elevate Exhaust, 3" GSX DP & FMIC, 20G with 11 blade.
ARD tune
9--14.181 @ 107 mph by CKAVolvo...mods = GT6-
TME Exhaust, Enem Y21,CamsRaceS60R FMIC,Majestic Hybrid Turbo, HFS-4 water meth ARD tune.
10--14.211 @ 100 mph by xUNiQuE ...mods = GT6-, PhuzFMiC , 3" Catless Downpipe, iPD Oval Exhaust,
Autotech Stage II tune
11--14.290 @ 98 mph by Ride R ....mods = M66 - Stock
12--14.534 @ 97 mph by colbydrags ...mods = M66- OBX DP.
13--
14--
15--
16--15.085 @ 93 mph by daniel2296...mods = GT6 - Stock
17--
18--

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
my 20G GT with11 billet wheel vs K24 6MT and both tuned by ARD ...had a blast I ran 13.9 and his best was 13.7

for me there was NO brake boosting, just a simple take off...ran consistently 13.9...on the slower side from take off but pulls excellent later.

Here are rangeball's stock and IPD tuned time slips from Gainesville (NYR now owns rangeball's R):
that is nice 1/4 time :thumbup:

Quote, originally posted by HJZ »
Nice run Rangeball!Doc: did you use Nitrous on your run?

Yes. I spray a 100 dry shot. I could spray more but a 100 shot gives me 10 good runs at the strip. One pound of nitrous per run as long as you have a bottle heater.

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#4 ·
Nice run Rangeball!

Doc: did you use Nitrous on your run?
Quote, originally posted by HJZ »
Nice run Rangeball!

Doc: did you use Nitrous on your run?

Yes. I spray a 100 dry shot. I could spray more but a 100 shot gives me 10 good runs at the strip. One pound of nitrous per run as long as you have a bottle heater.
Doc GTO's GTO definitely responded well to the nitrous. I seem to recall a few S60R's running nitrous, but I don't recall if they ever posted 1/4 times with it. Maybe Boosted R can chime in. I know rangeball was considering it in an attempt to get into 12s.

#5 ·
yeah, Manual R's are a BEAST on track...they have a perfect grip...the only thing I like to spray at the track, is the blast of AC in my face as I run 1/4 mile at all times and not revving my engine like 5000 rpm to launch it.

#12 · (Edited)
Well here was my R a few months after I got it.... It was always a factory freak to me. I never knew if it had a tune before I got it. It was just as fast as an R with rica stage 2 that my friend had. His forum name is I want One. I think he sold his R though. I did a huge clutch dump and got a great launch. However the next day my slave cylinder was dead, so was it worth it? Idk...

Oh also my collar sleeve wasn't leaking when I got the R but it was when the slave cylinder was being replaced. I'm pretty sure this caused over 3k in damages...

#15 ·
well here was my r a few months after i got it.... It was always a factory freak to me. I never knew if it had a tune before i got it. It was just as fast as an r with rica stage 2 that my friend had. His forum name is i want one. I think he sold his r though. I did a huge clutch dump and got a great launch. However the next day my slave cylinder was dead, so was it worth it? Idk...

Oh also my collar sleeve wasn't leaking when i got the r but it was when the slave cylinder was being replaced. I'm pretty sure this caused over 3k in damages...

worth it.

#13 ·
Cleaned up some of the posts.

I think this thread has potential and it would be awesome if we could all stay on topic(post up slips, times, vids) etc in a legal fashion.

Thanks guys

C

#14 ·
Cleaned up some of the posts.

I think this thread has potential and it would be awesome if we could all stay on topic(post up slips, times, vids) etc in a legal fashion.

Thanks guys

C
Yea its gonna get good so make sure you keep it clean and updated MODERATOR lol

#18 ·
why BMac?at 3915 pounds... strip away my HD mods that only ='s HD use/pounding and not the improvement of a 1/4 mile times...it has 20G with a tune which roughly ='s K24 hybrid with a tune...I am certain I could run down everyone on the top 10 list within 1/2 mile...and can do it all day and night looong without coolant leaks,oil leaks,angle gears/sleeve breakdown, clutch repairs ect...it is a HD R.

#22 ·
I suppose it depends on specifics and car abuse haha. As dougy stated the 11Blade truly does not help in the manner. Not to mention the 50/50 traction of the STI will outperform the R in almost every launching category.

#24 ·
STIs and WRXs bog alot unless you really know how to properly launch it. You're either going to strain the drivetrain from a clutch dump, or your clutch by a controlled slip. A controlled slip can get you awesome results, but if you do it wrong, all you're gonna do is burn the clutch to smithereens.

#33 ·
A few more interesting facts from the night - from my build page:

Was a good night apart from a left rear puncture and a random check engine fault code came on after the second run. With thanks to a local Swede, it was diagnosed and cleared. Was also the first time I've put it into race mode.

Pretty consistant night with the times.
1st run 13.759 @ 99.22 mph
2nd run 13.683 @ 99.66mph
3rd run 13.844 @ 99.66 mph - running in manual tiptronic mode
4th run 13.682 @ 100.11 mph. - 1.94 60'

I can say that the R is quicker and more responsive with the big FMIC and new full IPD Intercooler piping. All of the runs were done prior to this. As the drag strip is only open on wednesdays (for people like me) I haven't had a chance to go back for more runs with these additional mods.

#34 ·
Trying to find the slips, but this is the best I've got so far from my last visit. I'm going again on Sunday and hopefully I'll get better times with the colder weather!

I managed my best time in 90F weather was a 14.132 at 97.29 MPH, 60' = 2.183, 330 = 5.965, 1/8th mile = 9.172 @ 78.91 MPH, 1000 = 11.852.

I did 10 runs as follows in order:
14.314 @ 97.41 (beat my best time from before right away)
14.563 @ 94.57
14.615 @ 100.45
14.932 @ 93.79
14.481 @ 98.82
14.339 @ 96.51
14.132 @ 97.29
14.412 @ 97.15
14.448 @ 98.54
14.736 @ 97.84

#35 ·
Trying to find the slips, but this is the best I've got so far from my last visit. I'm going again on Sunday and hopefully I'll get better times with the colder weather!
nice :thumbup:... if you could find couple slips that would be great.

#36 ·
Im kind of embarrassed to even post these... oil down made a short night. Only two runs.
stock tune.

#42 ·
#38 ·
Here is a video of my awful run.

#41 ·
Awesome! Was that smoke from your burnout at the beginning? :D

And try not to hit fuelcut. First gear isn't so fast, that you can't react fast enough to change gear
Haha, the burn out was the modded corvette that ran an 11.8...
Ill note the 1st gear shift timing..
I may go back next weekend.

#40 ·
I found a video from my last trip to Byron drag way. His was otherwise stock 06' auto with carbon tune. I had the mods in my sig.

Post by Vince Janeczko.

#44 ·
Eh-hem... I'll post up slips later. Here's just a little teaser vid. Skip to 1min 55 seconds.

#46 ·
Are you kidding? No, my best time wasn't as good as I'd hoped though. My worst time was 14.550, the launch really makes or breaks the time. It's nearly impossible to launch this **** well, seriously.

There was an un-modified S60 T6 R-Design there that managed to get a 13.5. He claims his did a 13.25 at its best. It launches like a rocket...

#49 ·
TBQH I think the 1/4 times shouldn't count unless you have a pic of the car with the number on it. Even though that could be forged, also.... However I suppose I should have more faith...

The R with a FMIC, Elevate catless DP+ cat back, 11 blade with kevlar, ipd coils, ipd intake hose, elevate AMS, only managed to get a 14.053. And a bone-stock (except for carbon tune) S60R GT managed a 14.4. When I was stock I managed a 14.3, so what's the point of all these mods? I mean, my car is DEFINITELY faster on the highway, except that the GT with carbon was pretty much at my back bumper up to 130.

#53 ·
TBQH I think the 1/4 times shouldn't count unless you have a pic of the car with the number on it. Even though that could be forged, also.... However I suppose I should have more faith...

The R with a FMIC, Elevate catless DP+ cat back, 11 blade with kevlar, ipd coils, ipd intake hose, elevate AMS, only managed to get a 14.053. And a bone-stock (except for carbon tune) S60R GT managed a 14.4. When I was stock I managed a 14.3, so what's the point of all these mods? I mean, my car is DEFINITELY faster on the highway, except that the GT with carbon was pretty much at my back bumper up to 130.
Our caRs are limited by their fundamental design: thin-walled block; large, fixed-vane turbo; port injection; angle-gear, etc. They are still quick, but just not that exceptional by today's standards. For a modern example, check out the 2015 WRX and WRX STi - both on the same platform and the STi with the 'old' 2.5 litre turbo still has better 'numbers', but it gets dusted by the new 2.0 litre DI varible-vane turbo in the cheaper WRX (which also gets better mileage.) Unless you do a heavy-duty rebuild, there is not going to be a lot of fundamental improvement in overall performance.

My IPD Stage I tune has likely made very little change (less than a half second) in 'slip' numbers, but a very large change in the mid-range torque profile and performance feel.

#51 ·
heres an answer for ya!

these cars are not 1/4 mile vehicles! they shine 60+ and def 100+ lol
It's true.. Sadly... I want to find a 1 mile sprint/drag... The R would dominate many cars 1/2 mile plus.

#59 ·
It's very easy to launch hard. Rev to 4500k and dump clutch.

If you're worried about breaking something, you'll have to launch at a lower RPM and let the clutch slip a little bit. Otherwise it will bog down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.