SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1/4 times - post yours with slips or vids

30K views 145 replies 39 participants last post by  phuz 
#1 · (Edited)
1/4 times - post yours with 2 slips or vids with time in it " not one glorious run and you telling us about it "...or it did not happen.

1--13.269 @ 105 mph by rangeball... mods = M66- Evolve Exhaust 3" Downpipe w/ Elec Cut Out, Aquamist, IPD Stage II tune.
2--
3--13.451 @ 102 mph by Ocean Racer..mods = GT5- 365hp @ 6000rpm, TME DP & exhaust,
IPD Stage II tune.
4--13.707 @ 100 mph by 666lm ... mods = M66-OBX Exhaust 3",GSX FMIC, BOV, ARD tune.
5--13.764 @ 104 mph by dougy
..... mods = GT6- Elevate Exhaust, 3" GSX DP & FMIC, 20G with 11 blade. on HILTON tune
6--13.782 @ 101 mph by usgiorgi...mods = - M66 = huge clutch dump and a great launch next day my slave cylinder was dead,
unknown tune.
7--
8--13.907 @ 104 mph by dougy ... mods = GT6- Elevate Exhaust, 3" GSX DP & FMIC, 20G with 11 blade.
ARD tune
9--14.181 @ 107 mph by CKAVolvo...mods = GT6-
TME Exhaust, Enem Y21,CamsRaceS60R FMIC,Majestic Hybrid Turbo, HFS-4 water meth ARD tune.
10--14.211 @ 100 mph by xUNiQuE ...mods = GT6-, PhuzFMiC , 3" Catless Downpipe, iPD Oval Exhaust,
Autotech Stage II tune
11--14.290 @ 98 mph by Ride R ....mods = M66 - Stock
12--14.534 @ 97 mph by colbydrags ...mods = M66- OBX DP.
13--
14--
15--
16--15.085 @ 93 mph by daniel2296...mods = GT6 - Stock
17--
18--

See less See more
#67 ·
looking at my time. i feel my car is pretty quick for just a pulley, stock tune, at torque limited 5 speed. Plus mine suffers from the 04 low boost. At most i only see 10psi on the gauge.

#70 ·
ARD lightweight crank pulley. I only installed it because my stock one was delaminating. The outside hub was coming apart from the inside hub

#74 · (Edited)
A little redemption. . I managed a 14.534 by shifting around 6k rpm's instead of almost 7k.
but ill call my consistency a14.6 on my stock tune. I have a ton of videos I will try to upload on you tube. I will just put one on here so I don't clutter up this thread.

In the video I'm in the grey S60 R on the right... the red one has a blown angle gear sleeve, so R in fwd time for those interested..

#75 · (Edited)
So this is a bit embarrassing but I hit 15.2 bone stock with my auto VR. It would also be better if my reaction time wasn't crap. I'll post some times in a month or so when I get my mods installed, but next track day I want to take my bike and kick some mustang ass lol. I did beat an early 00's V8 mustang though, so I'm happy lol.

The Strip

The Slip

And my number on the car for good measure :p

#83 · (Edited)
The reaction time does not effect the 1/4 mile times. You can sit at the light for 10 minutes if you want, and you will have a terrible reaction time, but the timer doesn't start until you leave the line. :)

#78 ·
Yes, I'm a total R nerd so I feel the same way ^.. we should meet up one day.

#79 · (Edited)
#80 ·
The guy in the Plymouth pulls up and says "I like your wagon bro." Sadly a G8 wanted to race a mustang so instead of racing the other wagon I ended up with a Mazda Speed3, but I still got a personal best

#81 ·
Doing better is always nice...

#82 ·
even when they're slow af and you loose to everything but an explorer lol

#87 ·
14.0 107MPH remember my goal is for 1/2 mile racing

#89 · (Edited)
Most likely the only 1/4 miles slip . Since the car is being built for 1/2 mile speed. I will post more after i pick the car up

CKA V70R ON LEFT

#94 ·
:wave:where are all those custom tuners and JZW 1/4 mile times? still busy "pulling haaaard" in those streets?

#97 ·
Not a new 1/4 mile time but I just got the dates for the next 1/2 mile race in October. I will for sure post trap speed as no ET is done. Sure hope to be above 138 mph this last time on this motor. Going to trailer it to the event , just in case :)

#95 ·
Pulling real hard dawg. The R is not a drag car. Its good at a roll. Doesnt matter how much you put into it, it won't ever be fast at the drag strip. For half the cost you put into the R you could of have made a Civic faster at the drag strip

#100 ·
For all those that have autos that want faster drag times JZW can now do launch control... Look out!

#101 ·
I have had it with my ARD tune since May :)

#105 ·
Sorry Ocean, here in US the tracks are still slippery from the ice melting so the custom tuners are hard at working on launch control now so it'll pull even harder... ;)

PS: out of all the owners out there you should know that R is not a 1/4 mile car! :D

#109 ·
I have a dream that I won't have the highest time on this forum! :p That time was on my CBR but seriously, what was the weather like for you guys' runs? I'm wondering if the balmy florida nights are causing my slowness.

#110 ·
well, we are in florida as well...666LM and I went together...temps were in high 80s humid and sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.