New Owner Introductions and Pictures of Your XC60
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

My new ride (and new to the forums!)

Picked it up this weekend from the BMW/Mercedes dealership in des moines. XC60 R-design in passion red. No question the best car for the money in what I was looking for! Without further ado! (Carwash tomorrow, sorry for the bugs lol):

Coming from a G35 on coilovers, I am looking at getting the H&R springs, elevate tune, foglight add, and rear sway bar.

Kevin from KS.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Very nice. Wish we had only 30K on ours...another 1200 mile trip coming this weekend.(53K and counting). Hows come you don't have fogs?(2010, yes?)

It has been the buggiest year of the 4+ we've been in Texas(good spring rains) and I reckon I'll pick up a few more on the trip to Mississippi this weekend . It's a never-ending quest to keep the critters off the vehicles, that's for sure!

Take a look at the center grill badge...ours peeled off some time ago...service guy says he'll take care of it even though we're out of warranty. Right now, we're running 'stealth' with just the silver emblem(I actually ordered two, one stock and one blue/yellow, but I managed to order the smaller size oops ).

Nice pics and welcome to the forum! Lots of great information from the good folks here!
      Last edited by coachrick; 06-18-2012 at 10:25 AM.
      Current: '13 C70 Caspian Blue 2015 FIAT 500L Lounge Grigio Chiaro...until Volvo brings the XC40 to the States!!!
      Previous Volvos[/I]: '11 C70 Ice White;
      Polestar ,'10 XC60 T6 Electric Silver; '08 C70, '07 XC70, '04 V70', '04 C70, '01 S40, '80 242 GT '72 145

I've gotten to drive my wife's a few more times in the last couple of weeks and I have to admit I definitely enjoy driving it. It is, as my wife puts it, "easy". It is small enough that it doesn't feel ponderous and the mid-range torque means acceleration is drama free. Washed it yesterday and 2 thumbs up for passion red!
      2012 XC60 R-Design - Passion Red / Off-black/Cream Accents, Platinum, Polestar, & Climate
      2013 Tesla Model S P85+ - Multicoat Red / Black
      1997 M3 - Alpine White/Black

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I am getting to the fogs geeze! I got the car YESTERDAY!

Quote Originally Posted by 10PassionRed View Post

I think he meant he was surprised that fogs weren't already on it since it's a 2010. Fogs have been a hotly debated item on this forum for those of us who have later model years. We are all very envious of the 2010 owners who got OEM fogs.
      2012 XC60 3.2 FWD Premier Plus; Heated front seats; BLIS; Back-up Camera; Classic Walnut Inlays; Classic Walnut Steering Wheel and Gearshift, Navigation, Ice White, Soft Beige/Expresso, Exterior Style package, All weather mats OSD April 10, 2012. DELIVERED MAY 22, 2012
      2016 XC 70 AWD T5. Platinum. Crystal white, beige leather.

Quote Originally Posted by arowens54 View Post
      I think he meant he was surprised that fogs weren't already on it since it's a 2010. Fogs have been a hotly debated item on this forum for those of us who have later model years. We are all very envious of the 2010 owners who got OEM fogs.
      Gotcha. Yeah it should be done within 2-3 weeks. I am meticulous so I will be very detailed with my installation.

Indeedy...didn't mean you should run out and install them...I just figured they would already be there. It's one of the trade-offs for not having Polestar or Sensus, I reckon .

Interesting...on TexasGunTalk, a fellow in Lubbock was looking for something more adventure capable compared to the G35 he was trading...ended up getting the ubiquitous F-150 extra cab!!! I TRIED and TRIED...he thought the XC60 was too FANCY!!!
      Current: '13 C70 Caspian Blue 2015 FIAT 500L Lounge Grigio Chiaro...until Volvo brings the XC40 to the States!!!
      Polestar ,'10 XC60 T6 Electric Silver; '08 C70, '07 XC70, '04 V70', '04 C70, '01 S40, '80 242 GT '72 145

Oh and I forgot to mention the motivation behind my purchase. I have adopted a 4 year old girl who came with my now fiance. We got engaged just a bit ago.

Also, my family is full of volvo whores:

2006 S60R - brother, black on ice blue interior, loaded
      2008 S80 - Dad, sand color with tan interior. Pretty nice car, got me looking into volvos again.
      2009 XC90 - Mom, white on tan interior, loaded. Love this for road trips. Mileage could be better on the 3.2.
      2009 S40 - Sister, "puff blue" with tan interior. Baren, but my sister doesnt care. She loves it!

And now mine . Now my mom needs a C70, and we will almost have every volvo made! (I dont much prefer the 30's, especially considering my G35 was SO much faster than the T5 C30).

Big congrats, on all fronts 10PassionRed.
      2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2017 XC90 T6 AWD Inscription, Crystal White w/ Charcoal Nappa Leather Convenience, Vision, Volvo Trailer Hitch, Polestar

Congrats on the 'additional passengers' ! And, yes...SOMEbody in the family needs a C70 !!! We're on our THIRD ! '04, '08, '11

You should get rid of the BMW license plate holder.
      2012 XC-60 R Design T6 AWD
      Passion Red / Off Black Interior
      Platinum Package (Premium / Multimedia / Convenience / PCC)
      Climate Package / Front Camera / Power Foldable Side Mirrors
      Polestar 325 HP / 354 lb-ft of torque

Quote Originally Posted by coachrick View Post
      Indeedy...didn't mean you should run out and install them...I just figured they would already be there. It's one of the trade-offs for not having Polestar or Sensus, I reckon .

Interesting...on TexasGunTalk, a fellow in Lubbock was looking for something more adventure capable compared to the G35 he was trading...ended up getting the ubiquitous F-150 extra cab!!! I TRIED and TRIED...he thought the XC60 was too FANCY!!!
      Oh, MY!! How I laughed!! I lived in Lubbock for almost 15 years (worked at TTU) and that sounds JUST LIKE someone from there. Oddly enough I miss West Texas like crazy. Especially the low humidity.
      2012 XC60 3.2 FWD Premier Plus; Heated front seats; BLIS; Back-up Camera; Classic Walnut Inlays; Classic Walnut Steering Wheel and Gearshift, Navigation, Ice White, Soft Beige/Expresso, Exterior Style package, All weather mats OSD April 10, 2012. DELIVERED MAY 22, 2012
      2016 XC 70 AWD T5. Platinum. Crystal white, beige leather.

Just noticed a new (paper plates) white S60 T5 in the parking lot at work today...they are sprouting up everywhere!
      2012 XC60 R-Design - Passion Red / Off-black/Cream Accents, Platinum, Polestar, & Climate

Sweet! Are two tone seat still available in the R Design? I didn't think they were....
      2012 S60 T6 R Design - Ice White and all the R Design goodies!!!!
      2012 XC 60 T6 Premier Plus AWD - Terra Bronze / Sandstone Beige &Espresso Interior / Panoramic roof /Bi-Xenons, BLIS / Front & Rear Park Assist

Quote Originally Posted by whiterdesign View Post
      Sweet! Are two tone seat still available in the R Design? I didn't think they were....
      There is one here in KC (2012) that is this exact combo. I think they are still available.

Kevin

PS. Thanks for the comments, I feel so welcomed to the crew .

SO a quick update. I have always had tint all around my cars minus the windshield, and i sent it in to the tint company I use frequently and the called me with the intial readings --- 11% allowed through. This is insanity, the legal limit in KS is 35% minimum all around. I am having him install 15% on the front windows to match, but HOLY COW volvo didnt mess around with tinting the dang thing, 25% was what I had on my old car and that was plenty for me. I am more concerned about a consistent look than being legal though.
      Last edited by 10PassionRed; 06-21-2012 at 02:32 PM.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
      CHRMNDR 2007 S60R Passion Red - R-Thread - For the kid in me
      CHRIZRD 2010 XC60 Passion Red R-Design - Brushed aluminum interior kickplates - For the wife
      2007 S80 - SOLD 7/25/14
      "If you smoke fine cigars, you shouldn't worry about the price of matches"

Nice!!!!! Enjoy........
      2012 S60 T5 (OSD 4-2012) Ember Black/Offblack l Premium,Multimedia,Climate,Dynamic l BLIS/PCC/ABL/F&R Park Assist/Sport Pedals/Chrome Endpipes

2016 XC90 T6 (OSD 5-2016) Crystal White Pearl/Amber/Black l Momentum Plus,Vision,Convenience l 20" Alloy wheels/Wood steering wheel/Child booster seat/Black headliner/PA II

Very nice. WE wish we had a seriously tinted windshield after driving 500 miles into the western afternoon sun today! Was above 100 degrees for 7 hours of the trip...106 when we got home! The XC earned some special treatment after that!(In addition to scraping off three states worth of bugs!) 23.8 mpg for the 1200 mile round-trip(included ~50 miles of in-town driving).

Very nice. WE wish we had a seriously tinted windshield after driving 500 miles into the western afternoon sun today! Was above 100 degrees for 7 hours of the trip...106 when we got home! The XC earned some special treatment after that!(In addition to scraping off three states worth of bugs!) 23.8 mpg for the 1200 mile round-trip(included ~50 miles of in-town driving).
      Man Coach, I am right there with you. We were driving around all day yesterday into the sun too (first triple digit day for us this year) and while we knew the XC's A/C wasn't nearly the icebox my wife's old 530i was, we did not count on the higher seating position and the sun baking our laps/legs the whole dang time! I started researching tint and tinted windshields. I am just VERY leery of doing the windshield and obscuring the clarity or dorking up city safety, etc. If I were to do the windshield it would be with a high end "clear" ceramic tint like Huper Optik, etc. as even these supposedly offer a lot of heat rejection. Minimally, yesterday's temps confirmed we will be getting the front door windows tinted!

Very nice. WE wish we had a seriously tinted windshield after driving 500 miles into the western afternoon sun today!
      ~ congrats on the r-design... i love mine (fogs and all) ...

i had my front windshield fully tinted on my other car and love it... looks great with the pano roof.

2010 XC60 R-Design
      Electric Silver w/ off black interior
      Media Pkg, Convenience Pkg, Climate Pkg, Blis, PCC
      ~ front window tint 35%, full clear bra, dust-free ceramic brake pads, rear spacers 15mm h&r, silvervision bulbs, front fogs, debadged ~

Quote Originally Posted by andrew sport View Post
      ~ congrats on the r-design... i love mine (fogs and all) ...

i had my front windshield fully tinted on my other car and love it... looks great with the pano roof.

Wish I could do that here in Rhode Island but its illegal, you cant even tint the front side widows here (legally)
      2011.5 XC60 3.2 AWD/Saville Grey Metallic/Anthracite Black Leather/Premium/Climate/BLIS/Rear Cam/HID6k

That's looks sharp!
      We should have just stayed in the garage yesterday...a record-setting 109 degrees with brilliant sunshine !!! Dang...greatest June-day energy use in the area, also. Hope we don't run out of electricity this week!!!

Update, named the car today:
      Last edited by 10PassionRed; 02-07-2013 at 08:39 PM.

DITTO...
      2012 XC60 T6 - Black/Black Premium Plus, Climate, Remote Start, Polestar+, Some Heico bits.
      2007 XC70 2.5T - Black/Charcoal - Climate - (SOLD)
      1989 Toyota MR2 - Supercharged - Full Stainless Exhaust - TRD - HKS - Greddy (SOLD)
      1965 Buick Wildcat Convertible - Nailhead 401 - Dual Quad Carb - Dual Exhaust (SOLD)

Update, named the car today:
      NICE!
      2012 XC60 T6 - Black/Black Premium Plus, Climate, Remote Start, Polestar+, Some Heico bits.
      1989 Toyota MR2 - Supercharged - Full Stainless Exhaust - TRD - HKS - Greddy (SOLD)
      1965 Buick Wildcat Convertible - Nailhead 401 - Dual Quad Carb - Dual Exhaust (SOLD)

I like the black emblems, where'd you get those? Anyone done the black emblems on a white XC60 RD?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianV View Post
      I like the black emblems, where'd you get those? Anyone done the black emblems on a white XC60 RD?
      They are plastidipped. Very resilient, 6 coats did them really well. Otherwise it is the OEM emblems still stuck with OEM glue.

I have pictures at home of the process I will post up later. It was really easy, did it in 2 evenings.

They are plastidipped. Very resilient, 6 coats did them really well. Otherwise it is the OEM emblems still stuck with OEM glue.

I have pictures at home of the process I will post up later. It was really easy, did it in 2 evenings.
      Yeah Please share... I was thinking of doing mine too (I have a black XC60) and I was wondering about the process and more so how it would look

Re: My new ride (and new to the forums!)

Starting out:

Tape job:

First coat (really light, just to get a tacky surface) on Left:

First coat (really light, just to get a tacky surface) on Right:

Fifth coat on Left:

Fifth coat on Right:

Final look before removing tape and peeling away from painted surface:

Dried final coat:

Final look with the VOLVO done as well (same method):

Peeled away from red using toothpick and pulling out from emblem. Tore perfectly right across the transition from emblem to paint surface. I should have covered a wider area, it really gets everywhere. Been through 8 months and 32 carwashes without issue! 6 layers took about 3/4 can of the name-brand stuff.
      Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
      Last edited by 10PassionRed; 02-11-2013 at 01:33 PM.
      CHRIZRD 2010 XC60 Passion Red R-Design - Brushed aluminum interior kickplates - For the wife
      2007 S80 - SOLD 7/25/14

Perfect... I've never used the stuff and it was killing me how you didnt overspray. But if it just peels off I guess its good. I thought you have to mask off all the details. (between the letters and all) what was the exact brand of the stuff you used? I've seen so many types, I dont know where to start.

You can see the can in a few pictures. Its called Plasti-dip and I got it at ace hardware for under $5 i think. The black one below:

Added another one to the stable tonight!

Better pictures after tint (matching xc) and a wash!

2007 S80 optioned out with 70k on the clock, paid cash too which feels so nice!
      2007 S80 - SOLD 7/25/14

Coming from a G35 on coilovers, I am looking at getting the H&R springs, elevate tune, foglight add, and rear sway bar.
      Since it is an R-Design it is already "tuned" by Polestar. Elevate, Shark, and everyone else with "tunes" are only going to give you maybe another 5HP at best.
      2002 S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust || 2006 S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 S80 V8 (his), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 XC70 T6 (hers), 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer || 2015.5 V60 P* (ours) #46/80

Quote Originally Posted by Warpedcow View Post
      Since it is an R-Design it is already "tuned" by Polestar. Elevate, Shark, and everyone else with "tunes" are only going to give you maybe another 5HP at best.
      Wrong.

10's didnt come with polestar. Polestar wasnt even out until the 13 model years.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast