SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Touchscreen demo from Geneva

3K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  matt1122 
#1 · (Edited)
Here's a more in-depth demo from Geneva:

Beyond earlier post re: Tribeca, still not sure how I feel about the large touchscreen. (At least its well-integrated into the dash that looks like the original Tribeca, unlike the MB approach.)

Meanwhile, the CarPlay interface continues to remind me of a Fisher-Price toy.

Another look-alike is the Doomsday Machine from Star Trek:

See less See more
1 1
#2 · (Edited)
Here's the Fisher Price toy I keep referring to re: CarPlay interface, resemblance is uncanny...

Why Apple would call it "CarPlay" is beyond me. If you are driving, the last thing one should do is "play" with anything...

#6 ·
Chocolate Cheerios? Why do they even exist?

#7 ·
Because the fruity Cheerios are for kids.

#11 ·
I don't mean to hijack this thread away from the subject, so I apologize in advance.

I really wish I had these gauges in my current XC70 (MY13). The dash is distinctively lacking information. Sure if you ever have a problem a warning light will come on.

But I would really love a page in the Sensus interface that has just these dials. I assume it can't be hard, as in all the information is on the bus, you just need to listen to it and put in a fake graphical dial. Who really cares about instantaneous MPG? If I plant my foot on the accelerator it plummets, duh. I have a log book that I fill in every time I buy a tank. I only look for the average and trends.

Turbo boost/pressure, oil pressure, battery voltage, engine temperature, this is the information I'd love to see on a "My Car" page in Sensus.

Sorry, I'll stop hijacking the thread now!

#12 ·
I don't mean to hijack this thread away from the subject, so I apologize in advance.

I really wish I had these gauges in my current XC70 (MY13). The dash is distinctively lacking information. Sure if you ever have a problem a warning light will come on.

But I would really love a page in the Sensus interface that has just these dials. I assume it can't be hard, as in all the
information is on the bus, you just need to listen to it and put in a fake graphical dial. Who really cares about instantaneous MPG? If I plant my foot on the accelerator it plummets, duh. I have a log book that I fill in every time I buy a tank. I only look for the average and trends.

Turbo boost/pressure, oil pressure, battery voltage, engine temperature, this is the information I'd love to see on a "My Car" page in Sensus.

Sorry, I'll stop hijacking the thread now!
The center iPad tablet should have all that.......it should mimic analog gauges but as electronic display. The 2014 GC SRT sat/nav has it;)

#15 ·
A driver can actually learn a lot about the boost map by having a legitimate boost gauge, and if it has a vacuum side it's good for maintenance purposes. I bet the number of people who would use one is few and far between, and I would just use the info for fun, but since OBD-II has support for boost gauge functionality it would be nice if Volvo had it built in rather than us having to hook up external gauges or a scan tool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.