SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Polestar registration

4K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  mb3563 
#1 ·
A couple weeks ago I registered my S60 R-design on the Polestar website. Yesterday I received the Polestar "package". It is actually pretty sweet. Lots of documentation about Polestar, a USB stick with a short video about Polestar, and most importantly a new badge. My S60 already had a badge, but some douche tried to steal it it (unsuccessful), and bent one of the corners up (new badge also has the chrome edging.....my old one did not). Anyway I'm very happy.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
I tried to register but the website keeps telling me that my VIN is not valid. I assumed the car is still too new in US.

#10 ·
Their website has a note saying: "We are currently having some technical difficulties, our technicians are working at solving the issue. If you are unable to register your VIN code we ask that you please come back and try again later."

I was able to enter the VIN of my OSD S60 RD this afternoon, and minutes later got an email saying that my registration was complete. I am not scheduled to pick up my car until the end of April!

I would suggest that you keep trying.

#6 ·
R-design and Polestar are 2 different animals. I believe you can have an r-design without Polestar, in fact most of them are not Polestars. It is just one extra badge on the back.... The r-design badge is in the front.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

#13 ·
So for MY15 Polestar tuning is an added option on an r-design and r-design only? I cannot find anything anywhere on this.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk
No. Any T6 6-cylinder engine (on an XC70 or XC60 or S60 model) can get the Polestar tuning software that is standard on all S60 T6 R-design, V60 T6 R-design and XC60 T6 R-design models.

#12 ·
I filled out the form as well and it said the package should arrive in 3-4 weeks

Question
I have always used 93 in all of the turbo cars i have had, the dealer might have filled with a lower grade before i picked up the car, i think the ecu will adjust once i fill up again with 93

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.