SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Well I decided to Cheat on my Volvo with this new mistress :)

15K views 96 replies 40 participants last post by  CMOD_R 
#1 · (Edited)
Picked her up on a Saturday night on my bday last weekend :) she's here to stay now I gotta dump my ol bitch she's for sale if anyone wants sloppy seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
your taste is slipping over the years it looks like.

#3 ·
Well I certainly wouldnt say I'm getting older they getting younger and fine quality at that
This a super model compared to the Volvo :)

#7 ·
Well she sure is pretty! Congrats! Do these suffer from the direct injection/gunked up valve misfire issue like alot of lexus' other models?

#10 ·
You don't? :eek:

#11 ·
Haaaahaaa man to all the flamers go take a test drive then you'll say the Volvo handles like a Camry ;)

#13 · (Edited)
Car is absolute blast to drive the sound of the v8 is crazy especially with the hks exhaust on it YouTube will help you with that

Here is the actuall exhaust on it

#16 ·
Car is absolute blast to drive the sound of the v8 is crazy especially with the hks exhaust on it YouTube will help you with that

Here is the actuall exhaust on it
Hot car!

But C63 AMG > ISF. Have a listen. A luxury car should not sound this wicked. Rev-matching down shifts. Whoof. I might be persuaded to move away from a traditional manual gearbox with an exhaust note like this… Maybe.

#14 ·
It looks nasty. I'm sure it drives and sounds awesome. Good car. Blue!

Id keep the R too though

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

#15 ·
R is for sale now $8000 for any takers with sport kit 6spd auto

#79 ·
That's what happens more often than not anyway. Seriously I can't believe people are ripping on this guy for buying a badass car. I'm very car neutral except I generally don't want anywhere near a GM product. Which if you buy the wrong XC90 or S80 you can have a very unreliable GM transmission.

I love my V70R but there is no way I would own an S60R just for the fact that there are a lot of badass sedans out there with far less problems.

Someone mentioned Toyota has a ton of recalls. So your telling me it's a bad thing that Toyota wants to fix the inevitable gremlins that crop up in a car. Boy I sure wish Volvo would have owned up and said, "Hey we really F'ed up with that collar sleeve maybe we should do a recall." Or what about that internal slave cylinder that will go and F up your clutch. What about the numerous sensors that go wrong and it takes replacing 5 other parts to figure it out.

Don't get me wrong I think Volvo's are great vehicles but only if you can afford to take them to the dealer or handy enough to work on them on there own.

Let's not kid anyone R's are a labor of love.

#18 ·
I know how you feel... My girlfriend drives that car and it's a blast... However my R can keep with her F up here at altitude even with a bad engine... With that being said both are awesome cars and both are fun as shiit to drive

#20 ·
Yes and our R's are a pillar of reliability. ;)

Drive what makes you happy, life is too short to be stuck driving boring ****ty cars.

#28 ·
2012 8spd sequential

#27 ·
And good luck to you and your Ford :)

#26 ·
Well the volvos poor reliability squeaky interrior is what made me not to buy another Volvo ever. I had better luck with the Japanese cars so I'm sticking to what worked for me in the past.

J velocity how do u like the is350?

#32 ·
Well the volvos poor reliability squeaky interrior is what made me not to buy another Volvo ever. I had better luck with the Japanese cars so I'm sticking to what worked for me in the past.

J velocity how do u like the is350?

I like it a lot and very happy with the switch.
Its a very refine car but the engine is the down side.
They should have a new engine since it carried the engine from the old car.
It has more than enough power for daily use but still wish it has more.

#30 · (Edited)
Hit a nerve did I? Take a midol and chill out.

I like how you took it to making personal attacks. I for one do not care what you think, my experience both professional and personal proves you to be wrong. I have worked in the Automotive field and now work in Aviation. I could post so much data to prove my point your head would spin but Id rather not waste my time with someone as uneducated as you.

In conclusion; No one here cares.

#43 · (Edited)
Hit a nerve did I? Take a midol and chill out.

I like how you took it to making personal attacks. I for one do not care what you think, my experience both professional and personal proves you to be wrong. I have worked in the Automotive field and now work in Aviation. I could post so much data to prove my point your head would spin but Id rather not waste my time with someone as uneducated as you.

In conclusion; GO **** YOURSELF ASSHOLE

PS. Thanks for your plate number. I will be sure to drop off an anonymous tip to our boys in blue about this vehicle being used for trafficking. Good luck ever crossing the border.
Looks like I hit your nerve instead you monkey ass!!! First off your one of those guys that thinks is a know it all and now you think you're a astronaut lol.
I'll give you one data fact and the only one that is important to me and most other ppl look at quality and reliabilty of Lexus cars. They're #1 and where is our Volvo you dick wad, yes right at the bottom. Why because major reliabilty issues and poor quality.

Finally my opinion is more valued to others then what you think our Fords are **** compared to toyotas you stupid moron.

The Volvo has a tendency of having problems after problems. You fix something and another thing breaks and you know it too but you want to defend your ford because you think that I posted with a toyota as if I was trying to rub something in . I guess I smeared it into your face you fool or astronaut as you would dream to be.

Volvos are owned by the Chinese now so it's just gonna go downhill from here . After my experience with the s60r I threw in the towel one day you will too when it'll pinch your pocket.

I bought the toyota for performance and future value as well as collectability yes can you believe it a toyota a collectible haaaahaaa
Only 15000 were set to be made globally well production has seized as of this month and are shy of 12000
Highest reported number on club lex is just over 11200

Sorry to piss on cornflakes enjoy this post in the morning you miserable old fart the Volvo perfectly suits your image haaaahaaaa

Ps . Wipe the sand out your vagina

Anyways these are my last few posts as the toyota doesn't belong here with the FORDS . It's in it's own Class

Peace OLD MAN as you have so much experience in automotive and now in aviation . I'm in my early 30's so I don't belong here with you.

Ciao and like I said I'm sorry to piss on your cornflakes this morning
Look like you'll be needing that MIDOL after all

Here is my data for you the older they get the more you gotta spend $3100 of work at the dealer

#33 ·
OP, you are extremely naive if you thought you were going to post a thread about switching manufacturers and country of origin without getting some sarcastic responses. Are you new to the forums? This is how these threads always end.

And it's not jealousy or bitterness like you are probably imagining as the motive. You are posting on a forum specific to an exact model car. People are going to disagree with your choice and speak their mind. When I switch manufacturers, I'm not going to plaster it up on the forum walls because I know a majority of the people won't really give a f*ck and I wouldn't expect them to. And if I did post it up, I would be ready for some negative responses because there are alot of people on here in love with their car and don't need someone coming through like a Jehovah's witness trying to convince everyone that my new car is tits.

You may not agree but if you track the history of threads like this, they are always a 50/50 mix. Deal with it and stop getting you panties in a bunch.

#34 ·
At least he wasn't the guy posting up about his new subaru crosstek hyrid.

IS-Fs are a pretty mean car with what i'd dare to say a similar niche market like Rs were many moons ago.

#40 ·
At least he wasn't the guy posting up about his new subaru crosstek hyrid.

IS-Fs are a pretty mean car with what i'd dare to say a similar niche market like Rs were many moons ago.
or worse, Crown Vic

#35 ·
I was looking at used isfs when I bought my R. In fact I test drove 3 ISFs in the process. Fantastic car, LOVE the transmission especially.

Overall I loved the F and felt it is marginally better than a well modified R for 3 times the price (for comparable mileage etc.). The R was a no brainer in terms of value even moreso when you factor in insurance costs (massive difference!).

Part of me still wishes I had gotten an F but its just not nearly worth the price difference IMO unless money is truly not an object.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

#48 · (Edited)
I was looking at used isfs when I bought my R. In fact I test drove 3 ISFs in the process. Fantastic car, LOVE the transmission especially.

Overall I loved the F and felt it is marginally better than a well modified R for 3 times the price (for comparable mileage etc.). The R was a no brainer in terms of value even moreso when you factor in insurance costs (massive difference!).

Part of me still wishes I had gotten an F but its just not nearly worth the price difference IMO unless money is truly not an object.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Yes I can vouch for price point but when I bought my R I was looking at Acura Tl type S I kinda regret not buying it only because of the few things that just went one thing after another on the Volvo . Good friend of mine has a type S all he does is go in for oil changes and brake jobs. My car needed few things wheel bearings shocks and spring window fell in so had to replace a simple plastic piece , then I had oil leaking from a cracked plastic tube under the valve cover which then Volvo switched to a rubber one, my radio stopped working my blower heater motor gave out so I replaced that also the interrior is now squeaky and I hate that . I loved the car for comfort I'll admit it was a nice drive when I picked it up from Florida. But it's the little things that matter and persuaded me to stay away from another Volvo although it was a love hate relationship as I didn't want to pick up another car but for the future it was a smart wise decision as with the Lexus toyota you have great reliability and quality especially with the lex. And the service is unlike any other experienced they really look after you and treat you like a prince . Just need to step out of that box in get into one I don't think you would regret your decision if you have another opportunity at getting into one. My brother in law has one and his brother has one and I have one and let me tell you I no car has given me a big smile on my face then something like this. The previous owner has put hks exhaust on it and it literally sounds like an AMG Mercedes which I love the sound of those things. BUT I get way better gas milage :) that's another smile on my face.

Ohh the insurance is peanuts I'm paying an extra $8month and driving a 6 years newer and pricier car. You need to shop insurances give bell air direct a call

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.