SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Well I decided to Cheat on my Volvo with this new mistress :)

15K views 96 replies 40 participants last post by  CMOD_R 
#1 · (Edited)
Picked her up on a Saturday night on my bday last weekend :) she's here to stay now I gotta dump my ol bitch she's for sale if anyone wants sloppy seconds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#44 ·
135k miles $7000 it's anybody's or $8000 canadian tire money

#42 · (Edited)
Nice purchase - would love to see better pics. That is the only Toyota I would buy and was actually considering one prior to purchasing the R. I found the interior could have been better (not a big issue though) and the RWD only helped make the decision for me (live in Ontario). What did you pick it up for and mileage?

#45 · (Edited)
Interior is nothing I can complain about I'm 6'3" 230lbs and got a tad more room then in the R
I feel with this car you tend to sit in a more race car position then relaxed position as your piloting a V8 fighter jet that goes through gears like crazy. The experience is nothing like it when you feel that torque pressing you into the very nicely bolstered seats I haven't researched it but I wouldn't doubt it if Recaro supplies those seats. Car was an very good deal pm me and we can discuss I don't post this **** publicly

I will tell you something the toyota has a snow button and works wonders when you have snow tires:) the computer just tones everything down even if you hammer the throttle next time test drive one in the winter you should see the looks of some ppls faces when my bro in law was driving by them as the front wheel drive guys were getting stuck

#47 · (Edited)
I actually like the threads seeing what people move onto after their Rs, but they always turn into internet pissing contests. Cool ISF OP, but so much hate on both sides jeez.

#50 · (Edited)
I like the threads seeing what people move onto after their Rs, but they always turn into internet pissing contests. Cool ISF OP, but so much hate on both sides jeez.
Haaahaaa I know man I know some ppl kids you know what I mean. I posted on my fellow Integra type r America club itrca so much love over there :) haters will always hate what can ya do. The s2000 owners are moving on to Is-f as well I know 2 personally and almost got a good friend of mine convinced too only if the wife allows it. Anyways you sound like a chill dude unlike the othe r old miserable fart maybe he's got a wife that won't let him have one ;).

Guess what my wife says to me today after going on a little rip "I still can't believe you convinced me in signing those papers" but when I mash the throttle it puts a great big smile on her face and the baby in the belly loves it too:)

Just promise promise promise and buy some bling that should do the trick. I hope the old fart is taking notes :D

#51 ·
Just my $0.02: I think the main hang-up from folks here is not the fact that you've moved on from your R, or that you're happy with your new ride and think it's the bees knees. I think the hang-up is a result from the bashing on the R's. ...This is an R sub-forum, on a Volvo forum. People here (including myself) really, really like the R's. ...Hell, I bought a second one... :p

Anyways, good luck with your new car, it looks pretty nice! :)

-Steve

#57 · (Edited)
Steve I totally agree I did not come here to bash on the R I loved when I had it . It led to that because of certain individuals calling it out . I just shared the fact what I'm replacing it with instead of being a real man and show respect some folks acted like little kids. In fact I almost bought a v70r manual before this purchase had happened.
If you gonna insult me I'm right back at you what are you going to expect.

I could really care less what other ppl think in used to this bashing from my good friend that will not drive anything other then a German car.
It's just funny to see this reaction from ppl And I know things will never change. The euro supporters will stay euro supporters and vice versa.

I'm a car guy and like to drive anything and everything that's fun to drive I'm not here to hate on the Volvo. I've owned it for 3 years and had great times with it good or bad :D

I'm opinionated to my own opinion since I know that car . There are ppl out there like my friend that will never admit there was anything wrong with their ownership of a BMW which is a lie and it seem some guys come across in here as well.

Anyways enjoy the R and the journey to breaking into the low 13's I've got goals of my own and try to break into the high 11's as well as doing some auto x , maybe I'll come to a FORD meet and show the haters how it's done.

Thanks for your comments and enjoy your R on the Nurburgring :)
It's on my bucket list to go out there and drive on it

#60 ·
I drove my Uncles 09 Acura AWD turbo V6 and was so impressed. Had paddle shifters and that thing shifted so smooth and clean... I think I may know what I go after next!!

#55 ·
Wow I can't believe the hate here. IS-F is an insanely nice car. Anyone saying otherwise seriously needs to get their mind checked. Awesome amount of power. Easy to get even more. The amount of jealousy from keyboard warriors here is sad. Just because Lexus is owned by Toyota, doesn't mean anything. If it did, then all of you haters are driving around in Fords... Don't forget, Ford took over Volvo in 03-04.

He bought a sweet ride that can **** on anything you guys are driving not only in the straights, but in the corners as well. Now come at me with the ms3 insults!! I'm ready!

#58 · (Edited)
Wow I can't believe the hate here. IS-F is an insanely nice car. Anyone saying otherwise seriously needs to get their mind checked. Awesome amount of power. Easy to get even more. The amount of jealousy from keyboard warriors here is sad. Just because Lexus is owned by Toyota, doesn't mean anything. If it did, then all of you haters are driving around in Fords... Don't forget, Ford took over Volvo in 03-04.

He bought a sweet ride that can **** on anything you guys are driving not only in the straights, but in the corners as well. Now come at me with the ms3 insults!! I'm ready!
Finally some love :D
Ohh the Ford word was used here don't you worry :) we Volvo owners do know the partnership. And I believe it screwed them over with poor reliability and quality control. Especially as the warranty runs just like on the Real FORDS

Some ppl just need to be put in the right place just like in kindergarten :D

Almost was tempted to try the mazdaspeed experience about a year ago. Awesome tuning capability with lots of aftermarket support . Great pick and thumbs up!!

#66 ·
Tbh I dont mean to hate its all in the fun in games. I think that the newer asian cars are mediocre like Lexus, some Mazdas and actually some high end Nissans are decent. Toyotas, Hondas, Hyundai... Pizza delivery

#67 ·
I would not mind the new Hyundai Santa Fe with the turbo though... not a bad car. Still has some cheap feelings to it. But all in all a pretty solid car. But we will see how long the redesigns will actually last lol

#70 · (Edited)
Tall order !!! by far best sounding exhaust header setup for the F and can say amg what? This is fuuken exotic territory hello Ferrari **** :D

#71 ·
Tall order !!! by far best sounding exhaust header setup for the F and can say amg what? This is fuuken exotic territory hello Ferrari **** :D

PLEASE get that for your car!!!! Sounds so sexy

#72 ·
I think I will when I sell the Volvo it should fund that whole system :D problem is it's for right hand drive I think they are working on the Lhd version now

#73 ·
I think I will when I sell the Volvo it should fund that whole system :D problem is it's for right hand drive I think they are working on the Lhd version now

It will sound so beast. Then come down to CO so I can hear it!

#74 · (Edited)
Too far man too far unless I plan some road trip one day to the pikes peak event then sure enough:)

Photos fixed uploaded with photobucket

#75 ·
I know usually people proud of what they own but I can't belive how some pople are so narrow minded.
There are always better cars out there.
Fact is the Volvo is NOT that great.
If you can't accept that well that's just too fuking bad because the world is not your little fantasy.

#76 ·
I recently bought a 2007 BMW 550i 6MT. I love it. It is an entirely different thing than an R. I get in the R and I love it. I drive it for a few days and then hop in the BMW and I love it. It is completely OK to have and like more than one car.

The only thing I am critical about on the Volvo: turning radius. The BMW and my Ford F450 crew cab (its wheelbase and the R's overall length are the same) both have much shorter turning radius.

#82 ·
I recently bought a 2007 BMW 550i 6MT. I love it. It is an entirely different thing than an R. I get in the R and I love it. I drive it for a few days and then hop in the BMW and I love it. It is completely OK to have and like more than one car.

The only thing I am critical about on the Volvo: turning radius. The BMW and my Ford F450 crew cab (its wheelbase and the R's overall length are the same) both have much shorter turning radius.
So which one is faster, BMW or the R??

#89 · (Edited)
I waited to reply so your Maple Syrup high would hopefully wear off. You may be 28 but you write and act like you are 14. All of your arguments can be refuted by using simple logic.

Firstly, I never once singled out the IS-F in any fashion so everyone can STFU about that. I merely stated that Toyota makes junk and proof is the mass amount of recalls they issue every year for almost every car in their lineup. One member noted this should be considered a good thing because they are attempting to correct the issue at hand. This is incorrect and a false way of thinking. The correct answer is if the issues were never engineered into the vehicle there would've be no need for a recall(s). It is industry common knowledge that Toyota survives due to reputation, a reputation that has been severely tarnished over the past ten years. Even the OP used reputation to justify his purchase. When you resort to this you are just as mindless as the person buying a Camry.

Another topic was repair costs. The R was a $45k car new and was highly specialized, the IFS $65k. What this means is Dealer cost for both will result in higher part(s) and repair(s) cost. Have you priced out a Rotor/Pad swap on the IS-F? It cost the nearly the same as to what a dealer would charge for an R. Besides if you rely on a third party to maintain your vehicle you are a fool and deserve to pay the high repair costs.

If you compare issues with the R and IS-F you will notice they are very similar. Transmission and Brake system issues. Obviously the collar sleeve in the R is a known failure point, however this was a manufacturing issue and not an engineering issue. One does not simply assemble or manufacture a part which in turns causes the vehicle to accelerate, unintended, and kill your or others around you. That's an engineering problem.

In summary you ditched one expensive car for another. You gained nothing by this other than factory rated performance.

For your reading pleasure; http://money.cnn.com/2014/04/09/autos/toyota-recall/

And lastly the OP was filled with so much maple syrup rage that he sent this PM to me... oblivious to the fact the movie clip he posted is about an American winning. Thanks OP for making my week, it has been fun to reaffirm myself that stupid people still exsist and still have the option to procreate.

beasty18c5 said:
Your the stupidest American asshole on here , this ones for you

And I'm so scared you having my number plates because they are so hard to replace.

Look up stupid Americans on YouTube you are the definition of one

You loose you stupid American Asshole
Did I miss anything?

#90 · (Edited)
I'm not even going to read what you have to say because it means S h i t to me I've accomplished with you what I wanted for you being the most ignorant fool on here.
I'm on club Lexus now so if you want join the forums there once you buy a trusty reliable toyota once your FORD FAILS you. CHEERS AND GOODBYE
And go cry on your mamma's shoulder.

Ignorance served you right btw just cuz I'm in canada doesn't mean I'm Canadian . I'm immigrant you fool stationed to work here for few years

#91 ·
You are so far beyond stupid its comical. I never said you were Canadian, nor did I make fun of Canada. You sir are the ignorant one and your posts do well enough to prove it.

You can pretend not to read whatever you like but the fact still remains you have brought nothing to the table in regards to rebuttals. All you have "accomplished" is name calling because someone didn't agree with your choice in vehicle. To a sane person this would be perceived as the proverbial crying on Moms shoulder.

You obviously have no clue what you are talking about. You will be forever forgotten and never missed. Goodbye, you are the weakest link.

#92 · (Edited)
Im so happy I got to rattle you up it worked perfectly you Stupid Civvy

You may need to use the dictionary to look up that one .

Cheers mate I was only here replying for the comedy :) ill use the drone to scan for your R over michigan maybe it'll be stranded on the side of the road and I'll be watching you push it haaahaaa

End Of Thread thank you!!!

#93 ·
Arguing over repair bills is idiotic. You can't compare 360mm front rotors to the Rs 330mm... Obviously it will cost more. And yea, it costs 20k more so it will be more expensive to maintain.

The fact that anyone thinks he's worse off because his car is made by Toyota is so funny to me. As if Toyota has never made any performance cars... trs850 you're being just as ignorant as the people who call the R an old person car. The is-f is a performance version of the regular is series. 0-60 in 4.2 seconds and top speed limited to 170...

Is beasty in the right? No he overreacted, but the amount of hate he got for the new car is absurd. Name one aspect where the R beats the is-f and then you can make fun of it. Winter time is the only thing I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.