Davis 2014 was VR day
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Davis 2014 was VR day

Had a blast again at the Davis car show. For the first time there were more VR's than SR's at the event. Two new VR owners took home awards.

ARD Preped VR

Second new owner

An unbelievable pair of Falsh Green VR's the one on the right was just picked up with 5400 original miles on it

Nice hood details Tony (NV70R )

And who is this guy

We all had a better chance this year since those Half Moon Bay Volov's were not there , I was trying to get the VR ready but it did not happen, I did get my New ECU with out the limit, also found the XC can hand up to 115 , with an R

I think I found a location for the rear view mirror screen in a nice 850R. Anyone know of a real good hi rez rear view camera ?

Random Photos

Last edited by CKAVolvo; 04-07-2014 at 07:52 PM.
      2006 V70R Black GT 377 awhp TME Exhaust, Girodisc 2 piece rotors IPD Sway bars, HD end links, Strut Brace, Poly engine mounts EST CAI, Silicone hose kits, SNABB intake, IPD HO coils,Enem Y21, CamsRaceS60R FMIC,Majestic Hybrid Turbo, HFS-4 water meth ElectronicsSPA digital Boost/EGT, ScanGauge II, Bel STiR ,Laser Interceptor HD front jammer, Mobileye collision avoidance system , LED interior lighting, ImiV, 2 USB, AARP member,

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

No matter how sleeper the R's are, the faster XC's are on whole other level.

Some one with a keen eye should be able to spot some of the clues on an R. 13" Brembo brakes all around, higher performance tires.

Now take your average XC. The plastic is a little faded, there will be kid hand prints all ever the insides of the windows, ect. No one buy a Volvo enthusiast is going to suspect a fast XC.
      2004 V70R m/t Parting Out see classifieds http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...per-spare-tire
      2006 V70R Sonic Blue A/T new!
      1994 Nissan 300 zx twin turbo

Quote Originally Posted by spinall4 View Post
      No matter how sleeper the R's are, the faster XC's are on whole other level.

Some one with a keen eye should be able to spot some of the clues on an R. 13" Brembo brakes all around, higher performance tires.

Now take your average XC. The plastic is a little faded, there will be kid hand prints all ever the insides of the windows, ect. No one buy a Volvo enthusiast is going to suspect a fast XC.
      All the things mine will have in a few months
      No more black skirting , getting that sanded and painted body color
      R brakes and 17 inch pegs VERY soon

When I get the AWD worked out I think from 0 to 20 the 230 awhp and 283 torque would give an R a run . the Car is pretty amazing
      2006 V70R Black GT 377 awhp TME Exhaust, Girodisc 2 piece rotors IPD Sway bars, HD end links, Strut Brace, Poly engine mounts EST CAI, Silicone hose kits, SNABB intake, IPD HO coils,Enem Y21, CamsRaceS60R FMIC,Majestic Hybrid Turbo, HFS-4 water meth ElectronicsSPA digital Boost/EGT, ScanGauge II, Bel STiR ,Laser Interceptor HD front jammer, Mobileye collision avoidance system , LED interior lighting, ImiV, 2 USB, AARP member,

^F' Yeah!...where I live no one even expects the R, but I want a "boringl" Volvo wagon just for this reason
      2005 VR GT SAPPHKAPP "MOOS WGN"
      2011 Mazdaspeed3 Wife-mobile
      2006 GSX-R Track Tool
      "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now.". -Elwood Blues

OP, great shots BTW. I wonder if the flash VR was the fellow posting a few weeks ago about finding a "Holy Grail of the Volvo VR (i.e, best mileage EVER)"...if so I envy that man...and yo sir as I wish I could've been at the show. (sorry for the immediate post...work sucks on a Mon...)
      2005 VR GT SAPPHKAPP "MOOS WGN"
      2011 Mazdaspeed3 Wife-mobile
      2006 GSX-R Track Tool
      "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now.". -Elwood Blues

Quote Originally Posted by channellosi View Post
      ^F' Yeah!...where I live no one even expects the R, but I want a "boringl" Volvo wagon just for this reason
      No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Quote Originally Posted by NickC View Post
      No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!
      Win
      1989 740 Turbo Plus, M46, red leather, and a few mods
      2004 S60R The Phoenix
      2000 V70R Sobek - Sold to my brother
      1976 245 Cthulhu - new project
      1995 940 Thor - something diesel awaits

Ron, nice pics andwhat a good day for hanging out in Davis!! Good weather, talking volvos and all those VRs. It was good to see new faces joining in the festivities.
      Thanks to the local chapters for putting on this awesome event!!
      2004 Flash Green V70R/ Atacama/ Climate/ Premimum/Nav. IPD CAI, IPD Strut tower bar, IPD Strut bar conversion, Evolve springs, Factory Subwoofer

10. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements