SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Chassis Settings Service Required

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  nedmonds 
#1 ·
I'm getting this message almost every drive now, but it comes on at different times throughout the drive. Sometimes it comes on when I first start the car, while other times it will stay off for 5 or so miles before popping. I've also noticed that since it has been warming up, it's been coming on later in the drive. When it was cold out the last month, it would come on almost immediately every single time. The car feels good in Comfort before the light pops, then it automatically goes into what feels like Advanced and locks in that position until the car is restarted.

What is everyone doing for this, where should I start, etc.? I know this is a relatively common problem, and want to track it down asap. I'm going to Carlisle this year at which point I'm picking up a Vadis computer, but until then I'm stuck trying to figure it out on my own. Any help much appreciated :)

#2 ·
The only thing you can do without having the codes read is guess.

When my light came on, I got lucky. Jack it up and take all the wheels off. Check for any loose sensors (under the hood too). My plug that goes into the bottom of the strut came out. Put it back in, no problems since.

Hopefully your situation is something just as easy.

#4 ·
#5 ·
I've had that msg twice, once it was a bad strut that needed replacing and the second time the front drivers side strut wiring had become frayed from the wires being routed incorectly

#6 ·
Lots of threads on this including many from me :-(
Pretty common failure point on these struts is the wiring itself and not the shock. My drivers side wiring looked fine from the outside but was breaking down inside the insulation. Using a voltmeter I was able to zip tie the shock solenoid wire (the wire going straight into the bottom of the shock) into a position that kept my CSSR message off. That lasted for about 10k miles. Once I had to replace my half shafts due to wear, we were never able to find the right position on the shock solenoid cable to get the error to stay away. I ended up biting the bullet on two new struts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.