SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Brake failure and abs light.help!

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  N20ta 
#1 ·
04 s60r auto 113,000 miles, had the brake failure warning pop up a month ago and it went away on its own after an hour.Now it's on permenantly as well as the abs light,trip counter is blank as well as the clock.The system seems to be in a limp mode as the shocks are stiff and the awd isn't working either,If I reset the code everything starts working again until the brake failure warning pops back up after a minute. Also noticed the e-brake isn't working after finding the pads had delaminated and replaced them over the last fall.Checked all the fuses up front and in the dash they are fine,physically pulled the abs sensors from the hubs and they look fine,also tried pulling all the brake pressure sensor plugs out and plugged them back in.nothing,any ideas?

#3 ·
You need to get the codes to have any real idea what's going on. Do you have a VIDA/Dice? If not take it to the dealer to get the codes read

#8 ·
Good idea although the battery was replaced 2 years ago I will have it tested to be sure.My wife told me this morning that the brake failure notice went out and the abs light then the 4c went back to normal but a service engine light then lit up.Now the brake light is back on again.Have an appointment with triad Volvo mon, 77.00 for a diagnostic sound reasonable?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.