What Did You Buy/Do To Your Car Today?
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

c3 What Did You Buy/Do To Your Car Today?

Since this is a relative new forum, there are a few threads notably absent here, but very popular in the S40 and R forums. This is one of them. You can showcase any personal projects, installs, modifications or anything done to your XC60.

I will start off, with a install of some paint protection film on the hood, mirror covers, bumper, 4 door pulls, side skirts, rear diffuser and headlights. Very happy with the result.

Some photos.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Very nice, I really need to work on the door pulls they are starting to get that scratchy look

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk
      2011.5 XC60 3.2 AWD/Saville Grey Metallic/Anthracite Black Leather/Premium/Climate/BLIS/Rear Cam/HID6k

Door pulls are one of those areas neglected. They will get scratched eventually since it is an area touched most often.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Staying to the title of the forum, I washed my wife's XC60 in preparation of sealing and waxing tomorrow.
      "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is that good men do nothing" - Edmund Burke
      2007 S60R Magic Blue Metallic/Gobi MT 70,000+ miles (IPD intercooler, Hawk ceramics)
      2013 XC60 T6 Saville Grey Metallic/Black (wife's)
      http://s1203.photobucket.com/user/reward2/library/

Nice.. I had similar paint protection done on our XC60, but did full hood and the A pillar and front portion of the roof too.
      2011 S60 T6 & 2013 XC60 T6 P*

Kevin came back because I wanted the headlights, DRLs, sideskirts and rear bumpers done too.

Did something cosmetic. Are you astute enough to figure it out?

Calipers?

2011.5 XC60 3.2 AWD/Saville Grey Metallic/Anthracite Black Leather/Premium/Climate/BLIS/Rear Cam/HID6k

Quote Originally Posted by Putertech View Post
      Calipers?

Oh, excellent answer! Yes, I painted it black. It was too silvery for my liking.

Funny was looking at mine today saying Damn I need to paint those..... To stay on topic I washed and detailed

Some idle chit chat is allowed. I'm not going to enforce the "stay on topic" rule here.

I looked at mine last week and said the same thing. Plus it makes the dirt easier to clean off and black doesn't show the brake dust as badly as silver.

Love the color of the VX and the clear bra wrap. I've had it done on two cars and it has really helped!

Is it me, or does it look like the designers ran out of idea when they finalized the area around the DRL under the headlights (see 3rd picture). It looks like they designed the front end and then saw the massive gap around the DRLs and patched together the piece that is there now. Seems to be so much potential...Why now carry over the honey comb grill that centers the lower bumper or throw a real fog light in there...

Thanks.
      There was a fog lamp option in the early models.

Swapped out the brake and reverse lights with LEDs from superbrightleds.com. The install was a little tricky due to the extra length on the LED bulbs, but I got them in and I am happy with the result. A little more than I wanted to spend (about $25 per bulb), but gives the rear an upgraded look at night...in reverse....when I will never see it
      2009 XC60 T6 Top // BLIS // Dynaudio // Xenon // Full LED conversion // Full tint including windshield // Silver on Black leather

I thought about getting LEDs for the reverse lights too.
      You should also do the license plate bulbs, they are 39mm festoons/fuse type.

Mudflaps!

Picked up a set of mudflaps and took me all of two minutes to install.

Naked

Flapped.

Very subtle.

POLESTAR certificate and badge came in the mail today.

20140524_123038

20140524_123139

20140524_123933
      2015 XC60 R Design

1967 P130 Amazon B20 with Overdrive

Lots of motorcycles

Nice!
      I registered my VIN hoping to get a spare badge but alas, I received the certificate only since mine was factory installed.

I'm reviving this thread, because it's just a bunch of fun to what someone has recently picked up for, or done to, their ride!

Soooo, not super exciting, but I just got new OEM gas struts for the tailgate;

New rear bumper spoiler;

OEM mud flaps;

New H8 lamps for fogs (giving them a shot, seeing how close they will match the city lights);
      2010 XC60 T6 ~ 2009 S40 2.4 ~ 2001 V70 2.4 (buh-bye) ~ 2002 S40 1.9T (buh-bye)

Installed the rear bumper guard from Amazon

photo IMG_0509.jpg
      2010 C70 T5 Ice White w/ off-black interior
      2015.5 XC60 Bright Silver, T6 Platinum w/ off-black interior now with Polestar!

Step 1 to having our 2015 XC60 back in like-new condition.

New windshield was installed this morning. Rest of the repairs will be completed in June =(, downside to only having 1 certified Volvo autobody shop in our city, same autobody shop is the only BMW certified autobody shop too.
      2015 - XC60 T6 AWD Premium+ - Climate pkg, Bi-xenon, Blis, P* tune, Crystal White, P* performance parts door and rear hatch mouldings.

Quote Originally Posted by aldebaran View Post
      Since this is a relative new forum, there are a few threads notably absent here, but very popular in the S40 and R forums. This is one of them. You can showcase any personal projects, installs, modifications or anything done to your XC60.

I will start off, with a install of some paint protection film on the hood, mirror covers, bumper, 4 door pulls, side skirts, rear diffuser and headlights. Very happy with the result.

Hi Melvin,

Its been almost a year since you put the film protection on the vehicle. Can you give us an assessment of its performance/characteristics/durability over that time? I am considering putting this on my vehicle when I get it but would like to hear from someone that's used it for a while.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by johnee View Post
      Hi Melvin,

Its been almost a year since you put the film protection on the vehicle. Can you give us an assessment of its performance/characteristics/durability over that time? I am considering putting this on my vehicle when I get it but would like to hear from someone that's used it for a while.

Thanks!
      We've had ours protected for 7 months now. We unfortunately got sprayed by large gravel off a semi on the highway which resulted in a bunch of damage. The good news.. there would have been A LOT more damage if we didn't have the film. You can see in a few spots where the film almost looked burnt from where a piece of gravel hit and slid. After removing the protective film there was no markings on the actual bumper.
      2015 - XC60 T6 AWD Premium+ - Climate pkg, Bi-xenon, Blis, P* tune, Crystal White, P* performance parts door and rear hatch mouldings.

Hey, I remember when you posted that. I didn't know you had the film put it.

I really have to research this stuff, I didn't know you could peel it off easily.

I didn't do anything to my car today, but I did check the weather in Goteborg/Kalmar/Vaxjo for next week

Hey, I remember when you posted that. I didn't know you had the film put it.

I really have to research this stuff, I didn't know you could peel it off easily.

I didn't do anything to my car today, but I did check the weather in Goteborg/Kalmar/Vaxjo for next week
      Oh yeah it can be fully removed pretty easily, it's designed to be replaceable. I also have film on the rear bumper sill which works great when you have people removing their golf club bags etc.. anything that can drag across it.

Keeping with the theme of the topic. Not today but on Sunday I spent 3 hours clay baring the undamaged portions of the vehicle. After a harsh winter there was a lot of iron spots/tar marks.

Here's the result on the rear passenger door/quarter.

Hi Melvin,

Thanks!
      Hi Johnee,

It has held up extremely well. I bought the Xpel "Ultimate", self healing film. It still looks invisible and hasn't yellowed over time. It will offer moderate protection from flying road debris that would normally chip the paint.

Black is a terrible color because any minor chips would expose the lighter primer coat and make it extremely obvious. So it was imperative I had the Xpel film installed.

I am extremely pleased with this. I would certainly put it on every new car I own, from now on.

Pulled off the rear bumper today to replace the bumper spoiler:

Because it had a sizable crack in it:

Got the new spoiler snapped in:

Put it back on and did the OEM mud flaps at the same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

^^
      Good looking car. I like mudflaps on cars. How did you end up cracking the diffuser?

^^
      Good looking car. I like mudflaps on cars. How did you end up cracking the diffuser?
      Thanks. I too enjoy a good set of mud flaps, and some even improve the aesthetic of the vehicle, which I think is the case with these cars. It makes it look just a little meaner. The crack came with the car when I purchased it this winter, easy enough to fix, and I got the spoiler replacement for 35% less than typical.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With the rest of the vehicle nicely polished I used my new favourite product on the rear exhaust tips... P2S1 Polishing Soap!!

Worked amazingly well for a quick polish.

What Did You Buy/Do To Your Car Today?

Mudflaps.

Super easy. No drilling at all. Just the three screws on each.

Net pockets are next. Trying to find time to get a clear bra put on.

Update. Still have to install the pockets. Got the cargo area liner.

Opticoat was done today. Also 35% tint on the front sides. Need to hardware the V1 before I get a ticket.
      Last edited by partridge; 05-28-2015 at 11:01 PM.
      Current:
      Linnéa: 2017 Osmium Grey XC90 T8 R-Design Vision/Climate/Conv/Air/B&W/Booster
      Deceased:
      Inga: 2004 Titanium Gray/Gobi S60R - Navigation, ipd tune, hood vent, rear window spoiler
      Astrid: 2015.5 Sapphire Black/Nubuck XC60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum BLIS Climate Polestar

^I want to get a few net pockets too, that trunk left side net and front console passenger net both seem pretty convenient.

On topic: Washed, clayed, polished, waxed and wheels. More time than I have to give these days, but I just can't help it...

Tappin' via Tapatalk

Got a set of spacers, 10 mm for front and 15 mm for rear with new bolts. Ooopps ... wrong forum, not an XC60 owner

Last edited by whitev70r; 06-14-2015 at 07:14 PM.
      98 V70 AWD - lowered on TME springs, Koni, IPD ECU, Volvo Dual Exhaust ... RIP
      05 V70 AWD - Got tired of the high rear end sticking up. SOLD
      98 V70R AWD - Bilstein touring fronts, Eurosport Tuning Dual Exhaust, lowered. SOLD
      05 V70 2.5T Sport Edition - current baby.
      09 Suzuki Gladius 650cc

Picked up a set of mudflaps and took me all of two minutes to install.

Very subtle.
      Hmm, think I like these. Will have to get the fronts at least.
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current: '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 AWD Ocean Race Plat
      Prior: '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperyb View Post

On topic: Washed, clayed, polished, waxed and wheels. More time than I have to give these days, but I just can't help it...
      Very nice!
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current: '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 AWD Ocean Race Plat
      Prior: '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast