What Did You Buy/Do To Your Car Today? - Page 2
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
      Oil and filter change. Rotated the tires, drove to RI, found out how bad the rear tires are cupped now that they are on the front. It was super loud, vibration in the gas peddle between 30-60mph, super annoying. Going to need some new rubber to remedy.

Tappin' via Tapatalk
      2010 XC60 T6 ~ 2009 S40 2.4 ~ 2001 V70 2.4 (buh-bye) ~ 2002 S40 1.9T (buh-bye)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Replaced the cabin air filter and made a how-to; http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...Pic-Intense%29

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperyb View Post
      Oil and filter change. Rotated the tires, drove to RI, found out how bad the rear tires are cupped now that they are on the front. It was super loud, vibration in the gas peddle between 30-60mph, super annoying. Going to need some new rubber to remedy.
      Yep, I try to rotate them ever 5-7K miles to avoid this. Sorry about yours, but thanks for the reminder (for my V60). When was the last time your's were rotated?
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current: '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 AWD Ocean Race Plat
      Prior: '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bmo Pete View Post
      Yep, I try to rotate them ever 5-7K miles to avoid this. Sorry about yours, but thanks for the reminder (for my V60). When was the last time your's were rotated?
      I rotate at the 5k mark, every time on all our cars. However we picked up the XC60 with 85.5k on it. So rotating the rears to the front at 89.5k, the full impact of the cupping could be realized. Also, just got back from my local dealer who completed the full inspection to complete the 90k service, and they indicated that the rear trailing arm (longitudinal link) bushings are cracked and falling apart, so this is likely why the tires are cupping badly, that and they very well may not have been rotated for a long time by the previous owner. Dealer wants $950 to change the bushings because they need to drop the subframe. I will probably order the two bushings and have an indie shop swap them out. Then get new rubber.

Tappin' via Tapatalk

That sucks, definitely a northern owned car. I would have your indy check the condition of your other control arm bushings, brake hoses, etc, to be safe.
      Rebel Blue, the new red! Intro & Updates Link
      Current: '15 V60 T6 3.0 AWD RD Plat | '15.5 XC60 T6 3.0 AWD Ocean Race Plat
      Prior: '15 S60 T6 3.0 RD Plat

Oil and filter changed over the weekend. Lot more oil than I'm used to on the R! Also the inverted filter...love it and hate it. Comes out nice and clean but man am I glad I have hands that can fit in under the mani!
      '13 XC60 R-Design P* Passion Red | Platinum | BLIS | IPD Rear Sway
      '06 SR 6MT Black Sapph/Atacama | EST DP | PhMIC | IPD MTE Stage 2|Track Spec|Toe Rods|3" Oval|Throttle Body | Forged CBV | Snabb Intake|Short Shifter | UR Braces | KW V2's | AR Slotted Rotors|SS Lines|Hawk HPS | Innovate G3 Wideband | 6k Lows/3k Fogs | GROM | 18'' Ronal R41's

I installed the IPD rear sway bar and high performance rear links, ordered the poly bushes to go with the end links. Nice addition the car feels a lot more stable going around curves. I pre-ordered the KPAX exhaust system and new rear bumper diffuser (have to change it out for the R design so the tail pipes fit. Also put R design Ixion 20" wheels on my XC60 :- http://rs1081.pbsrc.com/albums/j344/...0?t=1441476790
      Last edited by Stewie5148; 09-06-2015 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stewie5148 View Post
      I installed the IPD rear sway bar and high performance rear links, ordered the poly bushes to go with the end links. Nice addition the car feels a lot more stable going around curves. I pre-ordered the KPAX exhaust system and new rear bumper diffuser (have to change it out for the R design so the tail pipes fit. Also put R design Ixion 20" wheels on my XC60 :-)
      Awesome! I want to do the sways and links eventually too, not sure how the dealer will feel about it but probably won't be happening for a while anyhow. Exhaust is something I'm interested in as well, could you please link us to the KPAX and rear diffuser? Other than that, Heico seems to have the only quad-exhaust system for our cars (aside from KPAX as I don't know anything about it). Other options?? Anyone here have the 3.5'' Ferrita downpipe from Viva?
      '13 XC60 R-Design P* Passion Red | Platinum | BLIS | IPD Rear Sway
      '06 SR 6MT Black Sapph/Atacama | EST DP | PhMIC | IPD MTE Stage 2|Track Spec|Toe Rods|3" Oval|Throttle Body | Forged CBV | Snabb Intake|Short Shifter | UR Braces | KW V2's | AR Slotted Rotors|SS Lines|Hawk HPS | Innovate G3 Wideband | 6k Lows/3k Fogs | GROM | 18'' Ronal R41's

I installed the IPD rear sway bar and high performance rear links, ordered the poly bushes to go with the end links. Nice addition the car feels a lot more stable going around curves. I pre-ordered the KPAX exhaust system and new rear bumper diffuser (have to change it out for the R design so the tail pipes fit. Also put R design Ixion 20" wheels on my XC60 :-)
      Where the pics of the new wheels?!

Looking forward to your exhaust mod. Post up plenty when you get it in.

Tappin' via Tapatalk

Replaced the two horribly cupped tires with new Pirellis, and these will go on on Monday, then a full alignment.

Tappin' via Tapatalk

Sorry for the delay on the link to kpax, the website is - http://kpaxperformance.com/volvocatalog.html The exhaust system is a Borla patented technology, allowing a free-flow design without the negative effects of droning. This increased flow results in some pretty massive torque numbers, increasing to way over 400lb/ft at the crank during some of kpaxs' tests. I have been told the exhaust will be in sometime in September so I will let you know how it performs. I have not driven the car very much since the poly bushings were installed, but have noticed a slight vibration, not sure if it is just my imagination but will test further to see if it is due to the installation of the poly bushing on the sway bar links. I didn't notice anything before they were installed. I will post pictures of the wheels over the weekend. If anyone could tell me how to post pictures that is :-(
      Last edited by Stewie5148; 08-09-2015 at 01:05 PM.

Sorry for the delay on the link to kpax, the website is - http://kpaxperformance.com/volvocatalog.html The exhaust system is a Borla patented technology, allowing a free-flow design without the negative effects of droning. This increased flow results in some pretty massive torque numbers, increasing to way over 400lb/ft at the crank during some of kpaxs' tests. I have been told the exhaust will be in sometime in September so I will let you know how it performs. I have not driven the car very much since the poly bushings were installed, but have noticed a slight vibration, not sure if it is just my imagination but will test further to see if it is due to the installation of the poly bushing on the sway bar links. I didn't notice anything before they were installed. I will post pictures of the wheels over the weekend. If anyone could tell me how to post pictures that is :-(
      Are those prices in USD?
      2015 - XC60 T6 AWD Premium+ - Climate pkg, Bi-xenon, Blis, P* tune, Crystal White, P* performance parts door and rear hatch mouldings.

Added Shadowline window trim vinyl.

I did this to my CTS-V as well when I owned it, and it's very easy to install with a heat gun, felt tip squeegee, exact-o knife and a lot of patience.

I like the way it breaks up the brushed aluminum of the roof rails and sideskirts/running boards. I feel that the mirror caps complement those enough and I've never been a fan of chrome

Halfway:

Done:

2013 Black XC60 T6 R-Design w/ Polestar
      Climate Package | Premium Audio Package | BLIS
      QTP Exhaust Cutout w/ Res Delete | 20% Tint | ShadowLine Window Trim
      OEM Volvo Crossbars w/ INNO Racks and INNO Fairing | ELEVATE Rear Sway Bar w/ Energy suspension bushings | PLX Kiwi2 WiFi

Quote Originally Posted by OakleyXC60RPolestar View Post
      Added Shadowline window trim vinyl.

I did this to my CTS-V as well when I owned it, and it's very easy to install with a heat gun, felt tip squeegee, exact-o knife and a lot of patience.

I like the way it breaks up the brushed aluminum of the roof rails and sideskirts/running boards. I feel that the mirror caps complement those enough and I've never been a fan of chrome

Halfway:

Done:

Ha! Sweet!

I have done this recently except with some Oracel 651 vinyl.

I have also done some strips across my side mirrors to complement this.

I prefer the black look.

2008 S40 Barents Blue
      2011 S80 Electric Silver - RIP
      2013 XC60 Electric Silver

Quote Originally Posted by tarrbot View Post
      Ha! Sweet!

I have done this recently except with some Oracel 651 vinyl.

I have also done some strips across my side mirrors to complement this.

I prefer the black look.
      Thanks, I hadn't heard of Oracle 651z. Good to know.

I'll do the front grille area once I get the HEICO lip for the bumper. Looking for a stealthy look.
      OEM Volvo Crossbars w/ INNO Racks and INNO Fairing | ELEVATE Rear Sway Bar w/ Energy suspension bushings | PLX Kiwi2 WiFi

Thanks, I hadn't heard of Oracle 651z. Good to know.

I'll do the front grille area once I get the HEICO lip for the bumper. Looking for a stealthy look.
      I hadn't started on the grill but have considered it.

I like the Shadowline you're using. I like the stealthy look as well. Been considering doing others.

I've already done some on the wheels to change the looks slightly as well.

I just don't want to go too far.

Also, I mispoke, it's Oracal not Oracel. They have different numbers denoting longevity.

I think the 651 has a 5 year lifespan but I can't recall offhand.

2008 S40 Barents Blue

Done:

Oakley- looks good, nice job. Volvo's need to combine brushed aluminum and chrome on so many cars is tough. Are your front windows tinted? Hard to tell from the angle of the pic. And if you end up getting the heico front lip, I'm interested to know what unpainted finish looks like and if it would match the existing unpainted plastic bottom trim of the non-RD models.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperyb View Post
      Oakley- looks good, nice job. Volvo's need to combine brushed aluminum and chrome on so many cars is tough. Are your front windows tinted? Hard to tell from the angle of the pic. And if you end up getting the heico front lip, I'm interested to know what unpainted finish looks like and if it would match the existing unpainted plastic bottom trim of the non-RD models.
      Thanks! Luckily the RD has more of a Brushed Aluminum trim and not chrome. I am not a fan of chrome at all and would have probably plasti-dipped or wrapped everything by now if it was.

I'll be honest, I won't be buying an actual HEICO lip, and it's one of the things I've always refused to spend money on (front lips). I am getting the eBay version for $235 shipped and will call it a day once I paint match.
      The RD (at least the black one) does seem to have unfinished trim at the lower end of the front and back bumpers as well as side skirts.

I'll be taking a pic of it when it arrives (ordering at the beginning of next month.

Here's and example of my CTS-V the day I got it vs the day after I installed Shadowline and plasti-dipped the grilles.

Thanks! Luckily the RD has more of a Brushed Aluminum trim and not chrome. I am not a fan of chrome at all and would have probably plasti-dipped or wrapped everything by now if it was.

I'll be honest, I won't be buying an actual HEICO lip, and it's one of the things I've always refused to spend money on (front lips). I am getting the eBay version for $235 shipped and will call it a day once I paint match.
      The RD (at least the black one) does seem to have unfinished trim at the lower end of the front and back bumpers as well as side skirts.

I'll be taking a pic of it when it arrives (ordering at the beginning of next month.

Here's and example of my CTS-V the day I got it vs the day after I installed Shadowline and plasti-dipped the grilles.

I see a lot of CTS-Vs around here. XTS-Platinums, etc.

This is a nice looking car.

What made you switch or was it just one of those things?

I came from an MKZ to an XC60... Mine was just one of those things.

2008 S40 Barents Blue

I really enjoyed it. It was my dream car and I was very fortunate to have it at 26/27 years old.

Unfortunately gas was roughly $550 a month and I had to make a decision of keeping the V or buying a bigger house (had 3BR, needed 4+ BR)

The house won and I got a Focus ST to reduce my debt:income ratio.

After I got settled with the house, I searched again for either an X1 M Sport or XC60 Rd.
      and here I am

I really enjoyed it. It was my dream car and I was very fortunate to have it at 26/27 years old.

Unfortunately gas was roughly $550 a month and I had to make a decision of keeping the V or buying a bigger house (had 3BR, needed 4+ BR)

The house won and I got a Focus ST to reduce my debt:income ratio.

After I got settled with the house, I searched again for either an X1 M Sport or XC60 Rd.
      and here I am
      That seems like a scientific argument for the generic "family/kids".

I will probably be buying up some of that Shadowline trim. I need to snap some pics at some point of what I currently have.

2008 S40 Barents Blue

Quote Originally Posted by tarrbot View Post
      That seems like a scientific argument for the generic "family/kids".

I will probably be buying up some of that Shadowline trim. I need to snap some pics at some point of what I currently have.
      Haha that's true. It's only 3 of us in my family (and staying that way), but i developed arthritis at a young age so I can't really drive a sports car unfortunately.

Have fun with the install!

Volvo seemingly switched some bits to chrome after 2010? My front grill surround and window trim are all brushed aluminum. The only chrome on the car are the badges on the back. Seems weird, but a bonus for me! I've eyeballed that heico knock-off on ebay too, been considering it for a while, either unpainted or painted to match the upper, but the fact that the XC60 is my wife's primary, and the lip has the two winglets on the front, just have me concerned that they will get slowly but steadily banged up, and will appear worse with paint. But I'm down for seeing how the unfinished plastic looks and if it could match the existing on the car, so looking forward to your pics! Nice CTS by the way.

Mine's a 2013 and it's all Brushed Alum as far as I can tell. Even the inside.

I've always gone withe the knock off lips, as I can buy two or three of them for the price of one real lip (The CTS's lip was $120 compared to $1K for a CF version). They'll eventually get banged up By me or the wife, so I'd rather get an off brand.

I'll take pics of it before and after paint matching and will post them both up.
      Thanks!

Got the rear door sunshades in today
      Decided not to go with the full set (cargo compartment windows too) since they don't open and are factory tinted. I really got them only so we could keep the back windows open for ventilation while keeping insects from flying through while parked at the drive in theater. They're pretty awesome. Fit is perfect. Install is only three plastic clips that fit under the weatherstripping. Material is the same mesh as the sunroof screen.

Also got the steel grille that separates the cargo compartment so cargo doesn't fly forward. Also an easy one person install, just two bolts into the mounting points. Folds mostly out of the way on struts, but you have to take the cargo cover off while changing between positions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Current:
      Linnéa: 2017 Osmium Grey XC90 T8 R-Design Vision/Climate/Conv/Air/B&W/Booster
      Deceased:
      Inga: 2004 Titanium Gray/Gobi S60R - Navigation, ipd tune, hood vent, rear window spoiler
      Astrid: 2015.5 Sapphire Black/Nubuck XC60 T6 AWD R-Design Platinum BLIS Climate Polestar

Just ordered myself the weathertech cargo mat and cargo containment system.

Yes those are US prices. I listened to a S60 with the KPAX and it sounded so nice....
      2014 XC60 Platinum Package, W/Polestar Optimization, Polestar suspension + Feritta down pipe & Kpax GT6 Exhaust, IPD Sway bar and HD end links, Snabb Intake & K & N drop in and a bunch of other aesthetic if not expensive little goodies.
      2015 BMW 428i Xdrive Cabriolet W/Executive, Driver Assistance, Premium Packages and Dinan power tune.

Haha that's true. It's only 3 of us in my family (and staying that way), but i developed arthritis at a young age so I can't really drive a sports car unfortunately.

Have fun with the install!
      Oh, I've had mine done for some time.

I just was thinking I might like to try peeling off one of my bungled pieces and using this.

Here's the beast from this morning at the Mackinaw Bridge overlook. Sorry, I took this too far away.

2008 S40 Barents Blue

Ahh nice. Gotcha.

Thanks for posting that. I purchased a set of crossbars from a memeber here and haven't put them on yet as I was waiting to purchase an Inno Fairing for them first. I'm not a fan of leaving them plain.

I installed a battery maintainer/charger to keep the battery fully charged over the cold winter months..
      2014 XC60 Platinum Package, W/Polestar Optimization, Polestar suspension + Feritta down pipe & Kpax GT6 Exhaust, IPD Sway bar and HD end links, Snabb Intake & K & N drop in and a bunch of other aesthetic if not expensive little goodies.
      2015 BMW 428i Xdrive Cabriolet W/Executive, Driver Assistance, Premium Packages and Dinan power tune.

I installed a battery maintainer/charger to keep the battery fully charged over the cold winter months..
      Do you have short commutes? Never found a need for a battery maintainer on any of my vehicles and we often have temps in the -20°C to -30°C range.
      2015 - XC60 T6 AWD Premium+ - Climate pkg, Bi-xenon, Blis, P* tune, Crystal White, P* performance parts door and rear hatch mouldings.

The car does not get used lots and as such, spends most of its life in our garage at home, The alarm and electronic controllers place a small drain on the battery, so I want to make sure it does not become discharged. We do suffer much colder temperatures sometimes dropping below -45 C and our local Volvo dealership is 260 km away. Although it is still under warranty, I don't fancy having to travel over 500 km round trip to have the ECM reset should the battery become completely discharged.

Was inspired by this thread and installed a tablet in my car.

Using Automate as a launcher, that looks like android auto and tasker to turn itself on and off.

Quote Originally Posted by kaurxxl View Post
      Was inspired by this thread and installed a tablet in my car.

Using Automate as a launcher, that looks like android auto and tasker to turn itself on and off.
      Looks great!

2013 XC60 R Design Platinum (Black Sapphire) with Polestar and Heico Upgrades - 2016 XC90 First Edition (Black) #1391 of 1927

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast