Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by HeicoXC60 View Post
      Fixed link: https://youtu.be/fvON3GFkluU

Nice numbers!
      2013 Black XC60 T6 R-Design w/ Polestar
      Climate Package | Premium Audio Package | BLIS
      QTP Exhaust Cutout w/ Res Delete | 20% Tint | ShadowLine Window Trim
      OEM Volvo Crossbars w/ INNO Racks and INNO Fairing | ELEVATE Rear Sway Bar w/ Energy suspension bushings | PLX Kiwi2 WiFi

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HeicoXC60 View Post
      Excellent. This is great to see on here! Are you running any other performance mods aside from the PS tune?

On the other end of the spectrum, I picked up one these the other day from Amazon. Really shocking that the car did not come with a smaller compartment in the armrest like some other Volvo models. I also dropped off the car at the tint shop this morning to have the front windows done, I'll post up some pics when I get it back...and washed.

2010 XC60 T6 ~ 2009 S40 2.4 ~ 2001 V70 2.4 (buh-bye) ~ 2002 S40 1.9T (buh-bye)

c3

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperyb View Post
      Excellent. This is great to see on here! Are you running any other performance mods aside from the PS tune?

On the other end of the spectrum, I picked up one these the other day from Amazon. Really shocking that the car did not come with a smaller compartment in the armrest like some other Volvo models. I also dropped off the car at the tint shop this morning to have the front windows done, I'll post up some pics when I get it back...and washed.

I have the same one. Love it!
      OEM Volvo Crossbars w/ INNO Racks and INNO Fairing | ELEVATE Rear Sway Bar w/ Energy suspension bushings | PLX Kiwi2 WiFi

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Took advantage of the Sale+ free shipping at ORSRacksDirect and purchased two INNO Fork Lock racks and an INNO fairing for my OEM crossbars.

Was going to buy the HEICO style front lip, but didn't want to miss the sale. Should arrive on Thursday.

Also getting my resonator deleted as I type this. I'll try to post videos today.
      Last edited by OakleyXC60RPolestar; 09-19-2015 at 07:31 AM.

Installed the Elevate Sway bar +Energy suspension end link bushings today.

Wow. That's all I can say.

Took a short clip of the exhaust after the resonator removal. You can see the Y-pipe setup that the exhaust shop fabricated if you look in the background.

Had to keep it under 1,500 RPM as my daughter was asleep inside the house, but this is a semi-cold start for reference.

Last edited by OakleyXC60RPolestar; 09-20-2015 at 10:20 PM.

Installed roof components yesterday:
      -OEM square profile racks
      -Inno Medium fairing
      -Inno Fork Lock III racks (x2)

Clearance for the sunroof is horrible since the bars are such low profile. I honestly can't open the sunroof at all if I have the Inno fairing attached since it opens up and back. Might have to buy a set of shorter bolts to allow for clearance.

Also ordered a set of H&R springs from IPD. Should be getting those by end of next week if I'm not mistaken.

Last edited by OakleyXC60RPolestar; 09-28-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Inadvertently triggered city safety while trying to pull into my garage quickly,
      Good to know it works.

Also got a care package from IPD containing H&R springs. Thanks IPD!

Quote Originally Posted by OakleyXC60RPolestar View Post
      Also got a care package from IPD containing H&R springs. Thanks IPD!
      Nice! Are those going on with the stock struts and shocks or are you pairing them with some aftermarkets?

I picked up the rear skid plate last week.

Installed it last night, with some finishing touches early this morning. Came out pretty well. Certainly adds a nice element to the rear of a pre-facelift.

Tappin' via Tapatalk

Nice! Are those going on with the stock struts and shocks or are you pairing them with some aftermarkets?

Tappin' via Tapatalk
      Nice addition.

Gonna go ahead and put them on the stock shocks. They're new enough to not warrant upgraded ones in my opinion, but if I notice issues I'll change them out.

Install most likely next weekend. Spent quite a bit on a Varidesk cube desk this week so I'm trying to take it easy.

How are the rook mounted bike carriers working out for you? I need something but not sure if I want to go roof mounts or a Bones-2 from Saris. I'll be transporting the bike @ 700 miles when needed.
      2010 C70 T5 Ice White w/ off-black interior
      2015.5 XC60 Bright Silver, T6 Platinum w/ off-black interior now with Polestar!

I've owned multiple roof rack systems (one for each of the 9 cars I've owned in the last 2 years) and I also own a Saris 3 bike Bones.

With the Saris, you have the aesthetic advantage of not having a rack system on your car. It also provides better MPG. Even with the fairing, I've lost 2 MPG.

With the roof system, I like having it ready to go whenever needed.
      However, the low profile of Volvo OEM aware bars means that the attachments (2 INNO racks and an INNO fairing) are VEEERY close to the sunroof and paint. I can't open the sunroof for this reason, not even the vent, and it's really annoying.

However, the saris rack was really annoying to mount on both my wife's edge sport and my previous two cars (Focus ST and CTS-V). It takes a good 5-10 minutes to make sure everything's on correctly. That's very annoying when you're super tired from a 25+ mile long ride with your 2 year old.

I'm happy with the roof system, but haven't thought of selling the Saris just yet.

Regardless: GET PROTECTION for you paint.

lamin-X.com has a great universal paint protection strip item which is 4 pieces. I've used it on all cars. You do not want that metal rubbing your paint.

pm me if you need additional info. I can even do a test fit of he Saris on the Xc60 this weekend and send you pics if you need them.

Finally decided to order the eBay dead pedal. After over a month of shipping it came in this past week.

Installed it today. Looks great!

Forgot to post a picture of this. I applied CarPro's cQuartz a couple weeks back. The application is pretty intensive but totally DIYable. Here's a picture of the beading.

Last edited by mcmanus; 10-10-2015 at 04:32 PM.
      2015 - XC60 T6 AWD Premium+ - Climate pkg, Bi-xenon, Blis, P* tune, Crystal White, P* performance parts door and rear hatch mouldings.

I've owned multiple roof rack systems (one for each of the 9 cars I've owned in the last 2 years) and I also own a Saris 3 bike Bones.

With the Saris, you have the aesthetic advantage of not having a rack system on your car. It also provides better MPG. Even with the fairing, I've lost 2 MPG.

With the roof system, I like having it ready to go whenever needed.
      However, the low profile of Volvo OEM aware bars means that the attachments (2 INNO racks and an INNO fairing) are VEEERY close to the sunroof and paint. I can't open the sunroof for this reason, not even the vent, and it's really annoying.

However, the saris rack was really annoying to mount on both my wife's edge sport and my previous two cars (Focus ST and CTS-V). It takes a good 5-10 minutes to make sure everything's on correctly. That's very annoying when you're super tired from a 25+ mile long ride with your 2 year old.

I'm happy with the roof system, but haven't thought of selling the Saris just yet.

Regardless: GET PROTECTION for you paint.

lamin-X.com has a great universal paint protection strip item which is 4 pieces. I've used it on all cars. You do not want that metal rubbing your paint.

pm me if you need additional info. I can even do a test fit of he Saris on the Xc60 this weekend and send you pics if you need them.
      Any issues with the straps and the rear spoiler? Both of my bikes weigh @ 36 lbs each which is a bit more than recommended for the bones-2 and I'm worried that the straps pulling over the spoiler will cause some damage.

Thanks for the paint protection idea. I will add if we go with the Saris.
      2010 C70 T5 Ice White w/ off-black interior
      2015.5 XC60 Bright Silver, T6 Platinum w/ off-black interior now with Polestar!

Quote Originally Posted by mcmanus View Post
      Finally decided to order the eBay dead pedal. After over a month of shipping it came in this past week.

Installed it today. Looks great!

Forgot to post a picture of this. I applied CarPro's cQuartz a couple weeks back. The application is pretty intensive but totally DIYable. Here's a picture of the beading.

nice! any reason you chose cQuartz over OptiCoat Pro? (aside from ability to DIY on cQuartz?)
      -
      - XC60 T5 Drive-E MY-2015.5 Savile Grey Platinum w/ BLIS, Blond/Black Sport seats, Heated front. OSD -

Quote Originally Posted by johnee View Post
      nice! any reason you chose cQuartz over OptiCoat Pro? (aside from ability to DIY on cQuartz?)
      Quote Originally Posted by johnee View Post
      Pricing, I already had the majority of the product to do the decontamination (all I needed was the carpro eraser and the cQuartz). DIY cost me around $140ish all in. Got quotes of $800-$1000 (for the paint decontamination etc).

Also I like to DIY as much as I can.
      2015 - XC60 T6 AWD Premium+ - Climate pkg, Bi-xenon, Blis, P* tune, Crystal White, P* performance parts door and rear hatch mouldings.

Quote Originally Posted by russ399 View Post
      Any issues with the straps and the rear spoiler? Both of my bikes weigh @ 36 lbs each which is a bit more than recommended for the bones-2 and I'm worried that the straps pulling over the spoiler will cause some damage.

Thanks for the paint protection idea. I will add if we go with the Saris.
      Sorry, didn't see this till now.

I didn't have any issues at all on my focus, but it was a big issue with the Edge since the spoiler is where the hatch joint is, so the Bones's straps actually attach right at the spoiler.
      Saris sells some hatchback hungers (Saris Hatch Huggers for Saris Trunk Mount Racks https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000BT6Q6M..._mDShwbMMWJQNQ) that can be used if this is the case.

I'll give it a try tonight or tomorrow and post pics.

fyi: I can only carry two bikes comfortably on my Bones 3. If I carry more, they hit each other constantly. I'll post pics of it for you as well but if you carry more than one is recommend a 3.

Installed it last night, with some finishing touches early this morning. Came out pretty well. Certainly adds a nice element to the rear of a pre-facelift.

Tappin' via Tapatalk
      This looks great. Is it IPD as well?

What kind of time did it take to install?

2008 S40 Barents Blue
      2011 S80 Electric Silver - RIP
      2013 XC60 Electric Silver

Quote Originally Posted by tarrbot View Post
      This looks great. Is it IPD as well?

What kind of time did it take to install?
      Thanks! It's the Volvo OEM rear skid skid plate. Took me about 2.5 hours over two days (started one night, finished the next morning) including set up and clean up. Probably could be done quicker in one chunk of time, and if you spent less time on the measuring portion of the concealed hanger (I measured thrice to four times, and drilled once, got a little too fastidious even for my own taste). But happy with the result, so all good.

Got our winter tires/rims put on today before temps drop too much and the snow starts.

Over the course of nearly 12 hours over two days, I detailed my wife's XC60. So many stains to pull out of white paint. The only problem with white paint is that it doesn't "pop" as much as the Ember Black on my S60.

Washed, clayed, washed again, dried, polished, and then two coats of wax. Thanks goodness for garages.

2011 S60 T6 & 2013 XC60 T6 P*

Blacked out the front grille and R-design trim with Plasti-dip.

Also got half way through the install of some eBay DRLs but they didn't work. The seller was unfortunately not helpful so I'm stuck with them for now. Should have gone with the IPD units and probably will after the fact.

Blacked out the front grille and R-design trim with Plasti-dip.

Also got half way through the install of some eBay DRLs but they didn't work. The seller was unfortunately not helpful so I'm stuck with them for now. Should have gone with the IPD units and probably will after the fact.
      How was the Plasti-dip? I'm contemplating doing the same thing for winter. I find the grill/chrome bits get easily tarnished even after protection has been applied.

Quote Originally Posted by mcmanus View Post
      How was the Plasti-dip? I'm contemplating doing the same thing for winter. I find the grill/chrome bits get easily tarnished even after protection has been applied.

Went great, I've used it on most of my cars in the past few years:
      Subaru STi
      Mazdaspeed3
      BMW 535 GT
      CTS-V
      Focus ST

Always in large amounts to black out the front or rear bumpers, and all have been great.

Yes, the texture is a bit rough, but it gets the job done and is extremely easy to remove and re-apply.
      I usually apply about 4 coats to ensure proper thickness and that stands up to even auto car washes.

Hopefully I'll leave work early enough to get a daylight pic. If not I'll slap one tomorrow.

Wasn't today but a few weeks ago.

Got to test this out in snow for the first time when we had about 4-6" dumped on us.

These are just regular all-season Michelins and they were pretty solid in the slick.

The only complaint I had was that when doing donuts, the rear wheels would kick in (AWD) and mess up your trajectory.

So it'd be ... WHEEEEE!!! *click* and change directory only to drop back into FWD and then repeat because FWD won't hold it in place either.

So you're constantly changing donut trajectory.

Other than that, great time.

2008 S40 Barents Blue
      2011 S80 Electric Silver - RIP
      2013 XC60 Electric Silver

ordered these a few weeks ago, should be getting them today. custom forged 6061-T6 10mm and 25mm spacers for front/rear from bloxsport

Here's a pic the company sent me after they finished making them.
      Last edited by bhom920; 12-28-2015 at 03:51 PM.
      15 XC60 RD
      -Bloxsport wheel spacers 10mm/25mm
      -Eibach Pro-kit springs

Awesome. This car definitely needs them.

I'm having some put on after I install my springs, but not sure if I want to go with new wheels altogether.

Awesome. This car definitely needs them.

I'm having some put on after I install my springs, but not sure if I want to go with new wheels altogether.
      i'd like to know how you liek those h&r when you install them. i am tempted to get them as well, but i dont want a harsher ride than the rdesign already has. I have had my share of lowering springs from previous cars from tein, h&r, eibach, progress, etc and to me the eibachs are usually the least harsh, but also the least drop.
      15 XC60 RD
      -Eibach Pro-kit springs

Very curious to see how it looks with those H&R springs, too, and to hear how they ride.
      2011 S60 T6 with Polestar tune
      13.1 at 101 mph

Current mods: KW V3 coilovers, DO88 fmic, Ferrita downpipe, Powerflex "race" torque mount inserts, more to come...

Happy new year everyone!

I installed my spacers yesterday
      15 XC60 RD
      -Eibach Pro-kit springs

Just got a hold of a nice 2013 T6. Love it. I do own a 2006 XC 90 and a 2010 S 80. Love the sport mode and when I found out I could add the Polestar tune I had to do it. All I can say is Wow! What a difference it makes. I was a little skeptible about the tune. Would I be able to tell a difference and the better question is would my wife be able to tell.

If she could not tell then all my bragging about how nice the Polestar upgrade is would have been bad. Well she noticed right away and even she loved it. Now I have to wait for the official Polestar badge and book.

Also tented the front windows.

[IMG]t[/IMG]

Here are my other two Volvo's

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
      Last edited by slaws4; 01-02-2016 at 10:57 AM.

Spent about two hours hand waxing my wife's 2015.5 XC60 in Black Stone. Pain to keep looking shiny but the results are great. My S60 will be next before the winter weather starts around here.

TJ
      2016 Volkswagen GTI SE 6MT, Perf. Package & Lighting Package (His)
      2015.5 XC60 T5 AWD Premier, Conv. Pkg, Proximity Pkg, Heated Seats - Black Stone/Soft Beige (Hers)

Quote Originally Posted by bhom920 View Post
      i'd like to know how you liek those h&r when you install them. i am tempted to get them as well, but i dont want a harsher ride than the rdesign already has. I have had my share of lowering springs from previous cars from tein, h&r, eibach, progress, etc and to me the eibachs are usually the least harsh, but also the least drop.
      Spacers look sick! Definitely an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnspeed View Post
      Very curious to see how it looks with those H&R springs, too, and to hear how they ride.
      Sure thing, I'm waiting to take them to my friend's shop as I saw here that the rears are hard to do DIY. I also remember someone putting them on then going back to Stock (R-design) because of the harshness. I just don't enjoy the ride height (always been a hatchback guy) so I'm excited to get them on. I've heard good hints about H&R and IPD had a sale on them last year so I had to pull the trigger.

Magic Marker. That car looks great. Lots of hard work, I know.
      2016 Volkswagen GTI SE 6MT, Perf. Package & Lighting Package (His)
      2015.5 XC60 T5 AWD Premier, Conv. Pkg, Proximity Pkg, Heated Seats - Black Stone/Soft Beige (Hers)

Consule insert

I love the insert for the centre console, do you have a link I can follow to purchase one?
      2014 XC60 Platinum Package, W/Polestar Optimization, Polestar suspension + Feritta down pipe & Kpax GT6 Exhaust, IPD Sway bar and HD end links, Snabb Intake & K & N drop in and a bunch of other aesthetic if not expensive little goodies.
      2015 BMW 428i Xdrive Cabriolet W/Executive, Driver Assistance, Premium Packages and Dinan power tune.

New rear wiper installed after on 12000 Kms, added rear cargo Mat ,dog cage and a Volvo protectant strip for the back bumper

Later gents

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast