Not open for further replies.

2004 V70R MT/6-Spd Red/Atacama 88K, Very Clean/Vermont

6K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  SweetSwede 
#1 · (Edited)
SOLD! SOLD! SOLD!

Thanks, Swede Speed!

2004 V70R MT/6-Spd Red/Atacama 89K, Very Clean/Vermont

UPDATE: 7/19/2014 -- Many pics added.

My name is Terry and you can email me via SwedeSpeed or contact via email: terry@drumhurrin.com. Please leave a call back number and I will ring you as soon as possible.

2004 Volvo V70R V70 R
VIN: YV1SJ52Y542372783
89,000 Miles (88,957 this morning)

Update: 7/19/2014: 89,992 Miles--yesterday's commute added!

No accidents/Non-smoker
Passion Red
Atacama leather interior
Six-speed manual transmission
Exceptionally clean body with recent work to clean it up even more (PDR, respray left side doors to remove scratches/dings; entire body and interior detailed by body shop)

Very limited mods: Bone stock, save for an IPD turbo valve

Located in southern Vermont; convenient to New York, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Connecticut, etc.

Options: (see window sticker)
Atacama Leather
Premium Package (power glass moonroof; Audio Max HU-803 radio with in-dash 4-CD changer, Dolby Prologic surround sound)
Touring Package
Climate Package (heated front seats; rain-sensing wipers)
Navigation System
Volvo On-Call Plus
Bluetooth

Purchased from an Audi dealer (car was traded on a new Audi A4 Wagon) in 2012. Previous owner was the second owner who bought it at 12,000 miles and used it to commute in the Philadelphia area.

In the less than two years I have owned it, the following work has been done:
• Angle gear replaced (69,000 miles)
• Complete fluids, using Volvo synthetics: transmission, angle gear, Haldex and rear diff (69,000)
• Regular 5,000 mile synthetic oil changes (does not burn oil)
• Coil pack (73,000)
• Plugs (73,000)
• Haldex pump (78,000)
• Right rear wheel bearing (78,000)
• Turbo valve (78,000); IPD part used only because my mechanic had one in stock
• Rear wheel bearings, both sides (87,000)
• Driver's side front and rear doors professionally resprayed to remove scratches (87,000)
• PDR to remove driver's side door dings (87,000)
• Car fully detailed by body shop (87,000)
• New brakes on all four wheels: Brembo rotors (Italian-made) and Akebono pads (USA) (88,700)
• Tie-rod end (88,800)
• Alignment (88,800)

Other:
• Shocks probably replaced by the previous owner around 50K.
• Prior to my ownership, all service appears to have been done at the dealer, though I don't have specific paperwork
• The majority of the current work since I bought the car has been done by a local, dealer-trained Vermont mechanic who specializes in Volvos and myself.
• Owners manuals and two keys included
• Window sticker included
• Most service records since I have owned it
• A few extra oil filters and drain plug washers thrown in for good measure
• Bluetooth hands-free system works fine with our iPhone 4 and iPhone 5

Needs/Full disclosure:
• Tires. I am a tire nut and am pretty picky about which tires I would put on a car. It will need tires soon, but I'd rather let the next buyer make that choice. Ootherwise I'll sell it with Sumitomos or something cheap. And who really wants that?
• Driver's side bolster needs re-stitching. The leather is sound-worn a bit, to be sure, but sound. However, some of the stitching has come undone. Fixable.
• Muffler: Outer shield is starting to rot. May or may not pass inspection in your state
• Navigation: Works, but needs a new CD

The Good:
• Still pulls strong
• 4-C suspension still works like a charm
• New brakes stop hard
• Everything works inside the car, including the power seats, heated seats, NAV raises and lowers out of the dash, etc.
• Body is very, very clean. No cracks in the bumpers; rear hatch pistons still easily lift the door; dings recently PDRed; paint in excellent shape; zero rust
• Original owner must have purchased the all-weather Volvo mats in the car because the interior carpets are clean

Modifications:
• IPD Turbo Valve

Why am I selling?
It's simply time for someone else to enjoy the 150 MPH blazing red box on wheels. No trades, but I am moving on to something else. Swede Speed has been very helpful when I had questions, both ones answered previously and new ones I had. Much appreciated. I am posting here first before anywhere else since the people here really appreciate what these cars have to offer.

$11,500/OBO

Title in hand.

Contact: terry@drumhurrin.com; send a phone number and I will call you back ASAP

More pics to follow this weekend.

Thanks!

See less See more
#4 ·
There is just something about a red Volvo wagon that looks really sharp. Good luck with the sale and I'm sure everyone is looking forward to more picts. :)

#5 ·
Is this the one owned by the associate editor of Hemmings Sports and Exotic car? If so it has been featured in the magazine a few times.

#7 ·
Sweet! I love that magazine and the articles on this particular car alone are proof of it being well maintained. Good luck with selling a beautiful VR.

#13 ·
Nice, but then I'm also prejudiced to this combo, my first R

#18 ·
If I didnt already have two volvos.... best combo ever !!

#22 ·
Sold!

And I never had to resort to Craigslist, where I love to shop for stuff, but sometimes dread posting things.

For the record: Swede Speed kicks ass! A few people contacted me and no flakes, nutjobs, weirdos (well, some car weirdos, but those are acceptable) or other tire-kicking chain yankers ever crossed my path. (See: Selling a car on Craigslist.)

While I haven't posted much here since I bought the car two years ago, I have searched the existing threads far and wide for as much info as possible. Swede Speed is a great resource and I wish all of you the best of luck enjoying your Volvos.

Cheers,
Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.