SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

How to remove interior Rear View Mirror

18K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Falcon 
#1 ·
Hi all,

just a quick question, how can you remove the interior rear view mirror on 2014 V60-R ? Just pull ?

thanks
Roland

#2 · (Edited)
Actually I just need access to the equipment behind the black plastic cover where all the electronics for City Safety etc. is located in order to tap off 12V of some wires.
The plastic covers consists of three pieces.

The pieces are clipped together. The large cover is clipped against the frame on the windshield.
Once the cover is removed you get access to the wiring.

I found the left connector (red circle) to provide the 12V which I was looking for.
I installed two wire taps to connect the DC-DC USB converter and finally connect my DIMIKA dashcam.

#4 ·
looks like the camera mount is already installed in the middle picture. curious how much the mirror hides the camera from the driver's point of view. since the camera can only record an hour does it start over when it reaches it's recording limit?

#6 ·
I have the same plan. Tap into +12V and GND and run it to an RJ11 jack mounted to that cover. If there's room, I'll fit the Valentine 1 Direct-Wire power adapter and Bluetooth dongle in there too. Then I can quickly disconnect the Valentine 1 and leave no unsightly power wire hanging there.

I took a look at the cover and see no place to start prying...and I don't want to snap something off inside.

Any details on the cover removal out there?

falcon

#8 · (Edited)
Thanks --

I's easy to pry away the small piece with your fingertip and then the larger section pops off without issue.

I located ground and switched +12v leads but the MirrorTap cable I have must be defective because I've tried it several times at various angles to no avail. They're sending me a new one.

The BlendMount S60-specific mirror bracket I ordered is nicely machined and powder coated. Looking forward to using it once the MirrorTap is working.

#9 ·
Thanks --

I's easy to pry away the small piece with your fingertip and then the larger section pops off without issue.

I located ground and switched +12v leads but the MirrorTap cable I have must be defective because I've tried it several times at various angles to no avail. They're sending me a new one.

The BlendMount S60-specific mirror bracket I ordered is nicely machined and powder coated. Looking forward to using it once the MirrorTap is working.
I've got that Blendmount too, ready to install. I test fit it and it hung down more than I wanted, even with it full up with the adjusters. I hope I can make it work.

If that cover (larger section) is sturdy enough, I may consider making a mount for the Valentine that will attach to it.

falcon

#10 ·
I think I'm going to look for a spot on that cover to mount a small jack. I've got a few 2.5 mm 4-conductor jacks from Digikey.com (P/N: CP1-42514) and corresponding plug (P/N: KL-2229) These are tiny jacks so they shouldn't need too much real estate. I'll report back when I get around to it.

falcon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.