SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

CEL PROBS and a Tune Question

7K views 36 replies 15 participants last post by  jerleong 
#1 ·
So after doing all this extensive work.

New oem, turbo ipd catback, etc.

I am still getting the CEL. :confused:

Every time I read it, it says fuel catalyst trim bank one. System running too rich.

My question is do I need a new bottom o2 sensor?

I have a brand new top o2 sensor.

Finally, Do any of the aftermarket tunes have an option to get rid of the CEL permanently?

Matt

#4 ·
I wouldn't think you would need one if it was catted, but I'm not sure. It sounds like it might help in this situation.

I am getting a CEL every couple days after installing my catless dp and EST exhaust, but I'm just resetting and dealing with the misfires while I wait on my tune.

#9 ·
Still having same issue with a tune and O2 spacer, I am thinking either exhaust manifold leak or cracked Dp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#12 ·
Brandon you know of a good rear o2 spacer that I can get for a reasonable price?

#20 ·
^ ya deff make sure you get the 304 stainless one or in few years you will have a rotted out spacer stuck to a stainless dp like me

#26 · (Edited)
So, since the weather has been cooler here in Canada, my stuck rich condition and check engine light have disappeared for the last 1500kms, me thinking high intake temps, sorry, are the culprit, stay tuned

#27 · (Edited)
Hence the need for Meth Injection and FMIC

#29 ·
My lower O2 sensor has been replaced twice, tried with spacer and no spacer and half a spacer, and still I get that CEL and code. I got the catted PhuzzDP. Need a custom tune, but ARD is the only one I know of close enough.

#32 ·
I don't know about ARD.

I know JZW tuning, and Hilton Tuning can both do a rear o2 sensor delete. Alot of people on both of their tunes are very very satisfied with them.

I'm on the JZW tune

#31 ·
How did you route the wire? It's supposed to go up and travel under the windshield, then down past the turbo inlet along the fire wall. It looks long at first, but it may not be, unless you did all that and it's STILL long.

#35 ·
question in regards to the rear o2 delete, will it mess with emissions testing in any way? Like will the emissions people know if it was deleted? In washington state all they do is plug their computer system into my obd2 port and thats it.

#36 ·
The rear o2 sensors only function is to measure catalyst efficiency. It does this by measuring the amount of oxygen coming out of the cat. If the voltage is low and steady, the catalyst is doing its job by burning up HC's and CO. It does this by using most of the available oxygen in the exhaust stream. A CEL for the rear o2 or a catalyst efficiency code, generally has no effect on performance and tuning out the monitoring should also have no effect of performance. Whether a specific tune disables the monitoring function or just makes it "pass" the monitor, you probably need to ask the specifics of this to the tuner. I have seen on my V70R that using a large 90 rear o2 spacer would give me a fault for the front o2 sensor activity. Installing a 1 1/2" rear o2 spacer solved this.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.