Got my Elevate tuner, but waiting on tune file!
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Got my Elevate tuner, but waiting on tune file!

So I got my Elevate APC tuner yesterday, but the tune file is not available yet. Anybody had any experience with this and what is the average wait time? I emailed Don yesterday and he stated to keep syncing it daily and it should be available soon. Hope it is worth the wait.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

tunes are definitely worth the wait. the jump in horsepower and especially torque make our cars a real joy to drive.
      but elevate's tune file turnaround is really dependent on how busy the folks at autotech (i think it's them) in europe are....elevate's just the middle man. i've heard a few days to a couple of weeks.

i got a shark tune and they turned it around in the matter of hours... which is good, because i'm not very patient ;-)

but even if it's a few more days, it'll be great and you'll wonder why you didn't get it sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by cksparks5 View Post
      So I got my Elevate APC tuner yesterday, but the tune file is not available yet. Anybody had any experience with this and what is the average wait time? I emailed Don yesterday and he stated to keep syncing it daily and it should be available soon. Hope it is worth the wait.
      2008 C70 GT - Black/Black/Nordic Oak/18x8 Black Midirs
      Shark Tune - GoVo ECU Spacer - Ford e-Focus Mount - Koni FSD - Elevate SwayBar - Massive Camber Arms - Centric Rotors - Akebono Pads - Nokian Z-Line 235/45/18 - Mods4cars SmartTop - Llumar/Madico Tint - E46 Bi-Xenon Retrofit w/ZKW-R Lens Morimoto XB35 - LED Int/Ext/Halos - Fryalip - Fumoto Valve

I appreciate the response I am just getting impatient as it has been over a week since I placed the order and I have had the handheld device for a few days. Hopefully the tune will be great and I will think the wait was worth it in the long run. Will update after it arrives and I can give an honest review.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

10 days from the date ordered seems to be the pretty standard wait time. Be sure to check the website frequently! Mine showed up after just 7.

Got my tune file 11/16/14 and loaded it onto the car, I had a very bad stutter issue in every gear starting at about 2600 RPM through the range. The engine and turbo were very unreliable so I emailed the guys at Autotech. I had a response with an hour and was told my tune file would be looked over and sent back to me be the same evening. I got the revised tune file and uploaded it to the car, first impression WOW! Car has so much more usable power and torque, drives like a completely different car. Overall the experience with Autotech was worth the wait and the tune seems to be on point! If you are on the fence about whether or not to tune with Autotech, I would say go for it!

Resurrecting an old thread here, but I couldn't find anything else about wait time on the elevate tunes. They must be busier than in the past, because I'm going on 6 weeks now since ordering the tune and I still don't have it.

I chose to install all the bolt-on mods before getting the tune, which I sort of regret now. I've had the Elevate downpipe and exhaust on the car for a couple months, and without the tune it's resulted in the engine running rich and throwing CEL's (it even smells like it's running rich). If I could do it over, I'd order the tune first and wait to install mods until after it was uploaded to the vehicle.

For what it's worth, I've been pleased with Elevate's products so far (I have the downpipe and exhaust, intercooler, and intake manifold, plus a K&N intake). Getting a little impatient with the tune file, though. Especially given that I've dropped $3,000+ on their stuff.

Thats really unusual for such a well respected company

that's pretty long. while shark is exceptional with turnaround in 24-48hrs i believe most folks got their elevate/autotech tunes within about 2 weeks. would reach out to find out what's up or get a refund

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      2008 C70 GT - Black/Black/Nordic Oak/18x8 Black Midirs
      Shark Tune - GoVo ECU Spacer - Ford e-Focus Mount - Koni FSD - Elevate SwayBar - Massive Camber Arms - Centric Rotors - Akebono Pads - Nokian Z-Line 235/45/18 - Mods4cars SmartTop - Llumar/Madico Tint - E46 Bi-Xenon Retrofit w/ZKW-R Lens Morimoto XB35 - LED Int/Ext/Halos - Fryalip - Fumoto Valve

I sent Don an email a couple weeks ago; he replied and said they're "finishing" my tune file. Not sure what that means or how much longer I should expect to wait. The problem now is that I really do need that tune at this point to (hopefully) remedy the fuel ratio issues. I suppose I could start shopping around for a different tune. I'll give it another week or so.
      Last edited by brelder; 04-25-2017 at 05:03 PM.

Have you downloaded ECMsync, connected your handheld tuner, and checked to see if your tune file is available? Elevate sent me my tunes in a matter of days. I never got an email about it, I just kept checking ECMsync.

Yep, I have ECMsync on my laptop, plug in the tuner and sync it on a daily basis. The only thing that I can imagine might be causing the hang-up is the fact that it's a used softloader, so I had to provide the serial number and such. I tried reaching out directly to Autotech as well, with no reply.

6 weeks is B.S. -- I'd reach and and ask for a rebate when they send the tune -- word gets around and they will lose business...if, he says in a conspiratorial tone, it REALLY has been a six week wait....
      Rapid Rick...I roll
      2008 C30 Matt Pearl Gold OSD-customized w/Elevate tune
      2015 V60 Seashell Metallic w/Platinum, BLIS, wood

15. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements