MVI_S60R BUILD Thread - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
      Quote Originally Posted by DevolvR View Post
      Looks sharp! Keep up the good work!
      Oh shucks you're making me blush
      '06 S60R GT | Blurple w/Sport Kit | 19" FC04A's | KW V2 | Hilton Stage 2.25 | DevilsOwn W/M | IPD:3" Oval Catless Exhaust | HD CA's | Adj. Toe Bars | Trunk Brace | Snabb: Turbo Intake | Airbox | Big FMIC | Synapse DV | Colder Plugs | XC90 Trans Cooler | Strut Brace | Subframe Brace | 20mm R/Spacers | 90mm Studs | Fancy Rotors | A-Pillar Boost/Trans/Volt Gauges | ScanGauge II | All Lights HID | My BUILD THREAD

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

I was talking to a few of you on the Smartphone thread about Superfly. Yea I didnt win anything but I was a runner up. I think if I got the chance to talk to the judges and explain the car Id be placing but oh well. Twas the last Superfly meet of the year, 600 plus cars and 3x more people. Great night for photos as well. As you can see, I did do a mesh grille and painted that gloss black along with the foglight covers to make everything match. Also polished the boost piping and intercooler to make it mad shiny

Final Superfly Meet 2015 by Martini_277, on Flickr Final Superfly Meet 2015 2 by Martini_277, on Flickr Final Superfly Meet 2015 3 by Martini_277, on Flickr
      '06 S60R GT | Blurple w/Sport Kit | 19" FC04A's | KW V2 | Hilton Stage 2.25 | DevilsOwn W/M | IPD:3" Oval Catless Exhaust | HD CA's | Adj. Toe Bars | Trunk Brace | Snabb: Turbo Intake | Airbox | Big FMIC | Synapse DV | Colder Plugs | XC90 Trans Cooler | Strut Brace | Subframe Brace | 20mm R/Spacers | 90mm Studs | Fancy Rotors | A-Pillar Boost/Trans/Volt Gauges | ScanGauge II | All Lights HID | My BUILD THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by StealthyS60R View Post
      Looks good.

When it comes to lower body trim, wheels and other more grungy parts of the car I usually go for a satin or flat black since it looks better dirty and is much easier to touch up when damaged.
      Yea I was thinking that but I like glossy stuff. A lot more work to maintain you're right

If you would've painted the inside of your hood, you would've won

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2011134...lpid=82&chn=ps
      2004 S60R M66 "Sapphtacama", Bridgestone Potenza S04 235/18's on Ronal RTs, Aquamist, K&N, Evolve Sways/Grill/Tail covers/Spoiler, Eibach Springs, IPD Stage II/Intercooler/Strut Tower Brace/CAI/Poly upper/trans/stabilizer bushings/R Boost Gauge/SS Brake lines TME DP/Exhaust, VIVA lower rear chassis braces/CBV, DRTSlotted rotors, TWM Abrams Satin Shift Knob, TakSpeed pedals

Quote Originally Posted by urinalcake View Post

^This, plus color matched wiper plug covers.
      04 VR Ti/Atacama MT

Quote Originally Posted by soupandspoons View Post
      ^This, plus color matched wiper plug covers.
      2004 S60R M66 "Sapphtacama", Bridgestone Potenza S04 235/18's on Ronal RTs, Aquamist, K&N, Evolve Sways/Grill/Tail covers/Spoiler, Eibach Springs, IPD Stage II/Intercooler/Strut Tower Brace/CAI/Poly upper/trans/stabilizer bushings/R Boost Gauge/SS Brake lines TME DP/Exhaust, VIVA lower rear chassis braces/CBV, DRTSlotted rotors, TWM Abrams Satin Shift Knob, TakSpeed pedals

But wouldnt that paint crack from the heat? Yea on the top of the metal it dont but Im thinking the bottom will be exposed directly to the heat/fumes. I was thinking a high-heat mettalic black under clearcoat might be better

But wouldnt that paint crack from the heat? Yea on the top of the metal it dont but Im thinking the bottom will be exposed directly to the heat/fumes. I was thinking a high-heat mettalic black under clearcoat might be better
      Nope. Mines been painted Sapphire Black for 3 years and 20k miles. No cracking. I removed the hood seal/gasket and the hood actually gets hotter in the sun than from the engine

MVI_S60R BUILD/INTRO Thread

Nope. Mines been painted Sapphire Black for 3 years and 20k miles. No cracking. I removed the hood seal/gasket and the hood actually gets hotter in the sun than from the engine
      That's good then. Ill be doing that but if Im gona paint one thing I might as well paint everything else. I'll colormatch the engine covers as well. Ill also have to paint the black crossmember thing where the hood latches. I may colormatch or do gloss black. Oh and colormatch the engine mount ontop
      Last edited by MvI_S60R; 08-07-2015 at 08:53 AM.

Finally got a hold of a rear sport spoiler. Got it at a good price used, waiting for the dealership to receive the installation kit for it. Already painted Magic ontop of that. Needs a sh*t ton of compounding/polishing though
      Last edited by MvI_S60R; 08-10-2015 at 11:46 PM.

Got the sport trunk spoiler installed. Looks fantastic. I would not use fishing line to separate the adhesive from the lip spoiler, I cut my paint. I would just heat it up and yank on it until it comes off. If you're not very strong, I would just try the fishing line, it's on there very good lol. To remove the remaining adhesive, use "Gunk" adhesive remover, the one in the metal can. It is save on CURED clearcoat and removes it by wiping in two passes. I then buffed out any scratches and drilled the holes. I bought a kit (part #30664140) which comes with bolts, instructions, cutouts for drilling and new tape, below is the kit pictured. It is required if you are installing one. I didn't use the plastic spacers, I just drilled the second biggest hole and screwed it in there. Turned out awesome, favorite part is I can see it in the rear view mirror, which satisfies me for some reason

Trunk spoiler removal by Martini_277, on Flickr Trunk Spoiler removal 2 by Martini_277, on Flickr Sport Spoiler Mounting kit 30664140 by Martini_277, on Flickr Sport Trunk Spoiler S60R by Martini_277, on Flickr Sport Trunk Spoiler S60R 2 by Martini_277, on Flickr ODO:101011

it's very nice !!! great job!
      2007 S60 2.5T AWD |Deep Blue|BSR chip|BSR Sp.Flow|Mototec D.Pipe/sport cat|17" Enkei M52 Hyp.Black|Eibach Springs Pro|Bilstein B8+Sachs Advantage|F/R strut bar U.Racing|F/R IPD Sway bars|IPD HD F/R Links|TCV IPD|Snabb Int|Snabb charge pipes|K&N filter|IPD torque mount|Trans.oil cooler Hayden 514|StopTech Rotors+Carbotech AX6 pads|SS Brake TechnaFit
      https://picasaweb.google.com/1149193...oS6025TAWD2007

I was surprised previously when this was the one sport kit part you didn't have. It looks so good on our caRs. Yours is exemplary.
      2004 Volvo V70R MT TiGray/Nordkap - Replica 18" Pegs - Handbrake Mod
      2006 Volvo S60R GT TiGray/Gobi - '06-'07 Transmission Valve Body Info
      2007 Volvo XC90 V8 Sport Passion Red/Off-Black - Serpentine Belt, Tensioner & Idler Pulleys - Spark Plug Replacement
      VIDA/DICE Owner - SS Lurker Since 2009

Quote Originally Posted by R-Pow3R3d View Post
      I was surprised previously when this was the one sport kit part you didn't have. It looks so good on our caRs. Yours is exemplary.
      Haha yeah I love how well Volvo designed it for our cars

Finally was able to get some lowering springs, from Connor. Install went well, I also did front endlinks and brake fluid. When it was all back together the alignment was bodged so I got one from the fellas at Conrads. My local Conrads is like a month old, good price and they used the R alignment specs, not a regular awd spec. I recommend you check out your local Conrads, I dont like other people working on my caR but these guys are decent.

I will say now after letting is settle, that all four wheels rub. Not a lot but they do, seems like Ill be looking at stretching tires if I decide to get new wheels. The front end seems to be the same though the rear went down a solid amount. Just waiting for the rear shox to blow..

I'm getting ready for the last Cars n Coffee of the year this Saturday. Also getting ready to put the R in storage this winter, there is no way I can drive it to uni and back everyday. I plan to lease a 2016 VW SportWagen as a new daily. Over the winter I plan to do a more indepth paint correction, new wheels, maybe I might leave the car at the local shop and finally get a clutch under that hood.

BEFORE

AFTER

Last edited by MvI_S60R; 09-17-2015 at 08:56 PM.

Gotta get some toe bars. I was able to get my rear toe set to 0 and 0.01 respectively.

I also have the passenger side caster out of spec. Wonder if it's something with the subframe. Mine's at 5.2
      2005 V70R
      Phuz, iPD, ViVA, Snabb, KW

2007 S80 V8 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Body Massage View Post
      Gotta get some toe bars. I was able to get my rear toe set to 0 and 0.01 respectively.

I also have the passenger side caster out of spec. Wonder if it's something with the subframe. Mine's at 5.2
      What do both of those affect? I dont know alignment stuff except camber

That photoshop I made is finally coming to life!
      04 LONGROOF'D R / 2 Plus 1 = M66 / Hilton Stage 1 / Resonator Delete / 2005+ Console Update / TiGrey & NordKap / •• FLICK_R / INSTAGRAM

Quote Originally Posted by MvI_S60R View Post
      What do both of those affect? I dont know alignment stuff except camber
      Toe is whether the wheels are aiming in or out of the body. They're the primary contributor to tire wear.

The caster? I don't think it really affects anything. But it's how far the suspension components is leaning forward or backwards. That isn't adjustable in our cars, and may be off from bushings or the subframe.
      2005 V70R
      Phuz, iPD, ViVA, Snabb, KW

2007 S80 V8 Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Body Massage View Post
      Toe is whether the wheels are aiming in or out of the body. They're the primary contributor to tire wear.

The caster? I don't think it really affects anything. But it's how far the suspension components is leaning forward or backwards. That isn't adjustable in our cars, and may be off from bushings or the subframe.
      Might be the subframe, not sure. I know I will invest in them adjustable toe bars in the rear though!

Well after lowering its been rubbing quite badly. I couldnt even go on the hwy, the tire melts the fender liner. The rears rub too but not as bad. Noone can fit in the back anyway unless you're legless.

So I borrowed this fender roller from a local Romanian man. The wheel bolts didnt fit in the slots so I had to grind it away, not sure what brand this roller is though. Heated and rolled the fronts about halfway, I didnt want to cut the fender liner. I plan to sell my Pegs soon so Ill get some tires that wont rub, these 245s stick out more than 235s.

Here's a before

Here's an after

We tried to roll the rears but you have to cut the liner to get the metal or you're wasting time. Also you gotta put something under the shock because when you put force on the roller, the suspension just goes down and doesnt put force on the fender. I stacked some wood and a brake pad to hold the suspension but gave up because again, dont want to cut the liner yet and I was hungry.

Ive been getting ready to put it in storage for the winter too, not so thrilled. With the body kit, lip and new brace underneath, I dont want to risk sh*t again though. I think Im gona get wheel dollies and put the caR on them and roll it sideways in the back of the garage. That way we can fit all the cars in there for the winter. Over the winter I want to get new wheels/tires, shox, suspension parts, new coolant resovior, new drivers door seal, carpet floor mats, GROM unit, do illegally dark tints among other stuff. When we rip it out in spring Ill probably also flush the coolant and trans again.

Ill also get an ass of Magic Blue to paint under the hood, maybe engine covers and possibly redo the headlights so they're actually blue. I need to repaint the front crossmember, aint glossy enough for me.

These are the wheels I have in mind. Forgot what brand/name they were. Shoutout to whoevers R this is!

These are the rollers I have in mind as well. Hopefully they'll handle the weight..

what you mean? i rolled those things flat, but yeah you do have to modify the inner liner.... your R looks great

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...h-can-you-curl

^I run 245 45 18s lowered and rolled mine flat as well. There really isn't any issue cutting the liners.

From my electronic gismo- Galaxy S6
      04 S60R, M66, Titanium, Nordcap, Sport Kit, NAV, Pioneer Double Din, Hilton Stage 3 Tune, Viva Hybrid Turbo, Snow Performance Stage 3 Methanol Injection, Five O Motorsports 750cc Injectors, Aeromotive Fuel Pump, Audi RS4 MAF, IPD catback, OBX Catless DP- custome electric dump welded in, Custom FMIC with Sabb piping, Snabb Intake, Forge CBV, iPd OTE, Silicone Rad Hoses, BC Coilovers, iPd/ Elevate Sway Bars, Etc... Just ask

Quote Originally Posted by MvI_S60R View Post
      These are the wheels I have in mind. Forgot what brand/name they were. Shoutout to whoevers R this is!

Tsk Tsk.. that's Lowenhart (a.k.a CarbonFiberWerks). http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...=1#post2545660
      04 S60 R MT Titanium Grey/Nordcap thread | pictures DP & Custom Quad Tip Exhaust | 05+ Conversion Exterior & Interior | Sport Kit
      12 XC60 Ice White 3.2 AWD | Heico Kit | Fast 19" FC04A | Running Boards

Quote Originally Posted by adsinnott1 View Post
      ^I run 245 45 18s lowered and rolled mine flat as well. There really isn't any issue cutting the liners.

take a picture and show us your work.

Quote Originally Posted by dougy View Post
      take a picture and show us your work.
      I have some on the sd card from my s5 but my s6 doesn't have a sim slot...
      I need to get all those pics onto my computer so that I can post that stuff

04 S60R, M66, Titanium, Nordcap, Sport Kit, NAV, Pioneer Double Din, Hilton Stage 3 Tune, Viva Hybrid Turbo, Snow Performance Stage 3 Methanol Injection, Five O Motorsports 750cc Injectors, Aeromotive Fuel Pump, Audi RS4 MAF, IPD catback, OBX Catless DP- custome electric dump welded in, Custom FMIC with Sabb piping, Snabb Intake, Forge CBV, iPd OTE, Silicone Rad Hoses, BC Coilovers, iPd/ Elevate Sway Bars, Etc... Just ask

I have some on the sd card from my s5 but my s6 doesn't have a sim slot...
      I need to get all those pics onto my computer so that I can post that stuff

i'll be right here waiting, i am not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by dougy View Post
      i'll be right here waiting, i am not going anywhere.
      There's a few of us that are pretty much here to stay lol

There's a few of us that are pretty much here to stay lol

Well I'm getting ready for storage. There wasn't much rust to start, hopefully it will never see snow/salt again so rust will stay away. I used Rustoleum Rust converter. I tried it on rubber and plastic and it doesn't eat it at least right away. Not sure if Ill put undercoating underneath. The original undercoating is holding up quite well except for spots where the rear subframe mounts and pinchwelds above on the way back side of the caR. Pinchwelds running under the skirts too are losing their paint, sanded and coated them as well. There is virtually no rust (that I can see) under the caR. I will gut the trunk and make sure things are ok there. Here are pics from the experience.

Before:

IMG_8489 by Martini_277, on Flickr IMG_8490 by Martini_277, on Flickr

After:

IMG_8491 by Martini_277, on Flickr IMG_8492 by Martini_277, on Flickr
      Last edited by MvI_S60R; 03-14-2016 at 09:20 PM.

There isn't much else that is going to happen from now to ripping it out of storage. For those who want to know, here is my "P2R Plan" for 2016. I split everything up monthly so I can actually afford it. Other than that list I will take things off to get powdercoated like the front crossmember above the radiators, top engine mount and stuff. I will also be painting the underneath of the hood since that apparently prevented me from placing in the last car show... I've also been taking a lot of videos and photos to post while it's gone, Ill put them up sometime

IMG_8497 by Martini_277, on Flickr

37. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast