MY05 S60/V70/XC70 Audio Prep
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

MY05 S60/V70/XC70 Audio Prep

* Starting with MY05 production, a new cable will be available as a stand-alone option to facilitate future accessory installations
      * Referred to as Satellite radio preparation, this optional cable allows a Sirius satellite radio tuner to be installed i the trunk and interface with in-dash radio. Sirius satellite radio will be available in December 2004 as a retailer installed accessory.
      * This prep cable will also accommodate a Volvo PhatNoise accessory also to be available in December 2004. This unit stores upto 400 hrs. of MP3 music, downloaded from your computer!
      * The prep cable is available from production start to alow the retrofitting of the accessories once they are available.

Yannis

2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2015.5 S60 T6 Drive-E, Crystal White Pearl w/ Beechwood/Black Sport leather Climate/Platinum/BLIS/Park Pilot/Sport w/ 19" BOR

Re: MY05 S60/V70/XC70 Audio Prep (GrecianVolvo)

Sweet, what about iPod and other MP3 unit interface?
      His: 2011 Nissan Leaf - No Gas... Just Electrons...
      For Sale: 2007 S80 V8 AWD
      Hers: 2010 XC70 T6 AWD

Re: MY05 S60/V70/XC70 Audio Prep (Kaizai)

Quote, originally posted by Kaizai »
      Sweet, what about iPod and other MP3 unit interface?

Not looking good...

http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothread?id=22152

Rick
      2004 S60R GT - Flash Green, 18" Pegs, Climate, Premium, Touring, Navigation

Yannis: Will the cable also work on the 2004 (and older) models? If so, this sure sounds like the AUX in we were all looking for.

Re: (mhoy)

Quote, originally posted by mhoy »
      Yannis: Will the cable also work on the 2004 (and older) models? If so, this sure sounds like the AUX in we were all looking for.

At this point, no.

Yannis

2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2015.5 S60 T6 Drive-E, Crystal White Pearl w/ Beechwood/Black Sport leather Climate/Platinum/BLIS/Park Pilot/Sport w/ 19" BOR

Alas my XC70 04, a luxury car with none of the finer necessities of life. (MP3). :-(

Re: MY05 S60/V70/XC70 Audio Prep (GrecianVolvo)

Yannis,

I am new to posting on this forum, but have been reading for some time. We are close to ordering an XC90. Do you know if Sat prep will be available on the 05 XC90?

Dan