What did you do to your wagon today? - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast
      Looking at the carsandcoffeerichmond.com the show is back on! It shows they had their first gtg this past Saturday. So, going by the bi-weekly nature of this event, the next C&C will be 6/20. And as usual, I cannot make it as my family and I are going out of town that weekend, leaving Friday night. Guess I'll have to shoot for July 4th!!! One year I will be able to make it...LOL
      SOLD: '01 V70 T5, silver w/black, M66 swapped, catless OBX 3" downpipe & catback exhaust system, Bilstein Sport w/H&R springs, Poly front control arm bushings, SNABB intake pipe, Hilton Tuning software
      Former - '96 855R M56 swapped - gone but never forgotten

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

double post...
      SOLD: '01 V70 T5, silver w/black, M66 swapped, catless OBX 3" downpipe & catback exhaust system, Bilstein Sport w/H&R springs, Poly front control arm bushings, SNABB intake pipe, Hilton Tuning software

Great news! ive gotta check my calendar for the 20th, but should have no problems with the 4th. I did notice that McCormacks Whiskey bar will be a sponsor "at a later date" which is neat, I have know Mac for a long time now...gave him lots of $$ in my drinking days lol.
      2005 VR GT SAPPHKAPP "MOOS WGN"
      2011 Mazdaspeed3 Wife-mobile
      2006 GSX-R Track Tool
      "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now.". -Elwood Blues

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Just something simple ... what do you think, +3 hp?

Before

After
      98 V70 AWD - lowered on TME springs, Koni, IPD ECU, Volvo Dual Exhaust ... RIP
      05 V70 AWD - Got tired of the high rear end sticking up. SOLD
      98 V70R AWD - Bilstein touring fronts, Eurosport Tuning Dual Exhaust, lowered. SOLD
      05 V70 2.5T Sport Edition - current baby.
      09 Suzuki Gladius 650cc

Sigg - Thought you were moving! You should post that pic of the mini-meet in front of your house!

Those Ronals look amaaaazing.
      2004 V70R GT ELECTRIC SILVER/NORDKAP, IPD Sways & HD endlinks, Real "R" Kelly intake & K&N Filter, IPD Strut Bar mounts, Power Folding Mirrors, VolvoTech CFE. IPD Stage II Softloader, IPD Silicone Intake/OTE/Coolant/Turbo lines, IPD Catback Exhaust, IPD Poly Subframe bushings, do88 Drop-In Intercooler.

Quote Originally Posted by LawyeRRR View Post
      Sigg - Thought you were moving! You should post that pic of the mini-meet in front of your house!

Those Ronals look amaaaazing.
      Thanks man! I'm happy with them. Much better than the stock Almatheas, IMHO. Unfortunately the Continentals on them are LOUD. I might be getting new tires sooner than I had hoped...

And yes, we are moving. But we gotta sell our house first. Didn't think that was going to be a problem...but, turns out it is. Here's that pic (I can't remember if I posted this already). That's LawyeRRR's silver VR in the street, my fresh-off-the truck blue V70 T5M behind it, my hours-from-being-sold blue-green P80 V70 base (but M56 and tastefully modded) in the back of the driveway, and my wife's silver V70 T5M in front of that. It was quite the lineup.

(now) Mine: 2003 V70 T5M // Mystic Silver/Charcoal // 148K miles // Koni FSD + Eibachs // 18" Pegs // '05 side mirrors // 18/35 tint // MOMO shift knob // black anodized S80 gauge faces // R steering wheel // T5M spaceball // IPD eggcrate grill //
      Formerly Mine: 2001 V70 T5M (Nautic/Charcoal) // 1999 V70 N/A M56 (Blue-Green Metallic/Charcoal) // 2004 V70R M66 (Titanium/Nordkap)

Sigg, yes those Ronals looks quite nice! Good luck selling the house. The right person will come along soon.

I tracked down a MAF DTC that triggered limp mode and triggered an "ENGINE SYSTEM SERVICE URGENT" message. Turns out the little plastic coupling just in front of the radiator for the air inlet box had come undone, and airflow was getting restricted. Snapped it back together and all is well again.

This weekend, I'm drilling a 3/4" hole in the roof for an NMO antenna mount for my VHF/UHF transceiver.
      Engineer, Cyclist, Pilot, Geek
      eric(dot)hidle(at)gmail
      2001 V70 X/C, 2005 XC90 T6, 2002 V70

Quote Originally Posted by db130 View Post
      Installed a grocery bag holder-equipped back panel in the NA last night:

And installed a Pioneer powered spare tire subwoofer in the T5 this morning:

That's great... LOL, that reminds me of what an installer did with my CD changer back when I first got my V70.

But what did you do to get that grocery bag holder? Did you have a 3rd seat prior to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Claw View Post
      But what did you do to get that grocery bag holder? Did you have a 3rd seat prior to this?
      The grocery bag holder is not compatible with the 3rd row seat and I did not have the 3rd seat prior to the install.

The "install" itself was very easy, as I found a panel with the grocery bag holder already installed at the junkyard from a car that had the identical color code. I Slid the old panel out and slid the new one in.
      2002 V70 T5 170k RTI/Hilton Stage 1/336mm brakes/Bilstein B8s/H&R springs
      2002 V70 NA 250k HU-803/T5 suspension
      2006 Mini Cooper S, 6-speed, 70k 15% pulley, JCW exhaust/intake/suspension

This is my before shot. I'm so glad it no longer has that 4X4 look going on!!

After...much more gooder....

And here you can see the HUGE OBX tailpipe. At least it's oval now. But, no matter what I do, I cannot get it to sit 100% level as you would expect oval to be.

And some non-Volvo content here...My wife's '08Mk5 GTi. I had just installed 2015 MK7 GTi wheels. They looks REALLY good on this car, especially with the 100m spacers I put on the rear (not that you can tell in this pic). I love this car. The DSG is a fun transmission.
      Last edited by XJFLEXER; 06-12-2015 at 01:56 PM. Reason: stuff and things

I gave the cargo carrier a good scrubbing inside and out and then installed it on the T5.

^^ The wagon is looking good XJ! Also love those VW thunder wheels, almost bought a VR6 CC with those on it.
      2005 VR GT SAPPHKAPP "MOOS WGN"
      2011 Mazdaspeed3 Wife-mobile
      2006 GSX-R Track Tool
      "Our Lady of Blessed Acceleration, don't fail me now.". -Elwood Blues

Thank you! I was actually going to put those wheels on my wagon (with adapters, of course). They looked really good mocked up next to the car. But, my wife saw them and liked them as well. She always gets what she wants....LOL

Agreed—your wagon is looking great XJ! Plus, all the work you've done on it is nothing short of inspiring. Keep the updates coming! Cool to see a VW in a Volvo thread. My two V70s have been the first non-VW vehicles I've ever owned, in nearly 20 years of car ownership. And I hear you about the putting the wife's car first. Haha.

And db130, good combo of flash and utility. How noisy is that carrier? I have a Thule one that I use for trips and such, but definitely don't keep it up there too much.
      (now) Mine: 2003 V70 T5M // Mystic Silver/Charcoal // 148K miles // Koni FSD + Eibachs // 18" Pegs // '05 side mirrors // 18/35 tint // MOMO shift knob // black anodized S80 gauge faces // R steering wheel // T5M spaceball // IPD eggcrate grill //
      Formerly Mine: 2001 V70 T5M (Nautic/Charcoal) // 1999 V70 N/A M56 (Blue-Green Metallic/Charcoal) // 2004 V70R M66 (Titanium/Nordkap)

Sigg, I've had 2 of the same cargo carriers since 2011(I've since sold one of them). They are surprisingly quiet even at highway speeds(I've tried them on a 2000 V70XC, a Mazda CX-9, and now the '02 V70). I think it's because it has a somewhat aerodynamic shape.

I decided to put the cargo box on for the hell of it and then took a photo of it. Today, I realized that I've used this cargo box a grand total of 4 times since I've owned it... I decided to put it up for sale locally and I have 2 interested buyers already!

XJFLEXER, I have decided to pull the trigger on a Bilstein HD setup+H&R lowering springs as well on my T5, thanks for the picture!
      Last edited by db130; 06-17-2015 at 09:49 AM.

Decided to save the R wheel for my wife, and threw a wood S60 wheel on mine.

Yesterday I installed Grom Audio USB3/Bluetooth kit. This turned out fine, works great, except the small black plastic microphone clip and double sided tape went AWOL during the cleanup process. I routed the microphone wire up behind the A piller trim and along the front of the roofliner. I might go another pass at that and bring it through the panel next to the sunroof control. Hopefully I can get another clip from Grom/IPD.

While I was at it, I installed a couple CCM bulbs that were out. The old ones were definitely burnt, but the new ones didn't work! T4 Neo Wedge for those wondering, found that on another thread here.

And, since we were playing, I dismantled the center console and cleaned out about 15 yrs of collected drink spills, crumbs, dust, wife's stray hairs (I don't have any) from all the trim edges/cracks/crannies.

Have some new Conti's that are going on the Pegs next week. And the week after that going back to the upholsterers. A couple years back I had them refoam the driver's side seat bolsters, really nice. And replace the burned pass side seat heater. But now the driver's side bolster leather is cracking all apart.

Anyone know a good PDR service in the Twin Cities? TIA!
      2001 V70 T5, Black w/arena, Bilstein HDs
      2012 VW GTI (gone)
      2015 Subaru Outback

Upgraded to a switchblade fob and key.

Very nice, Sigg... How much did it cost to have the key blank cut?

Had the dealer install the "Fog Light Application"- ie., high beams with fogs. Works perfectly- 01 V70 T5M

VOLVO Part No. 9438237
      Last edited by Eric Green; 07-31-2015 at 02:28 PM.

FINALLY got the time last night (and cajones) to drill into the deck lid and mount the spoiler I got a long time ago. Thanks to P80 guru Dan (b2fkb0) for helping me paint it to match!

Nice!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
      2001 V70 T5, Black w/arena, Bilstein HDs
      2012 VW GTI (gone)
      2015 Subaru Outback

Quote Originally Posted by Sigg View Post
      FINALLY got the time last night (and cajones) to drill into the deck lid and mount the spoiler I got a long time ago. Thanks to P80 guru Dan (b2fkb0) for helping me paint it to match!

Another item on my "to do" list.

Looking good!
      2005 XC70 Crystal Green | Hilton | 16T | 110k mi

Added a USA Spec PA-11VOL Ipod adapter in the T5. By adding the $40 CAS-VOL_NAV cable from Crutchfield, I was able to keep the factory navigation system as well.

Speaking of the factory nav.... I found a partial set of 2013 maps on ebay and I installed that as well (it was missing the midwestern states which isn't a problem for my needs).

New moose stickers

[IMG][/IMG]

My kid pealed off the old stickers when I wasn't looking...
      2005 XC70 Crystal Green | Hilton | 16T | 110k mi

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Green View Post
      Had the dealer install the "Fog Light Application"- ie., high beams with fogs. Works perfectly- 01 V70 T5M

How much does the app install cost at the dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by charlesdkahn View Post
      How much does the app install cost at the dealer?
      Software itself is cheap but the dealer charges labor

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?t=233031

I bought a 2006 V70 2.5T, as a replacement for my 91 Ford festiva. It's a bit different!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Welcome to Volvo and to Swedespeed! I'm sure that's a fairly tangible difference. You know you're not allowed to post things like this without pictures though, right?

Ha-ha, yes. coming soon.

This is one of the upgrades I want to make on my V70. I'm hoping to finally start working on it. How difficult was the instal?

Welcome to Volvo and to Swedespeed! I'm sure that's a fairly tangible difference. You know you're not allowed to post things like this without pictures though, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Burundon View Post
      That's a good looking wagon, Barundon! I like that color. Is that Venetian Red?

And melissam, installing the spoiler is not too hard…it's just a little nerve-wracking drilling into the tailgate. You can find instructions here. I put a deposit down and got the plastic templates on loan from JRL, which made it a lot easier and figured it was worth the effort because I was doing two (other should be here in a few weeks). But many have done it w/o the templates without any trouble. Definitely a worthwhile upgrade, IMHO…

That's Ruby Red Metallic. It's a deeper, more conservative color than the "hey there, it's me, Passion Red"!
      2010 S80 T6 Silver/Anthracite, Odysseus, Dynaudio, Climate, BLIS, PCC, PA 80k
      2004 S80 2.5T Pearl White/Sand, Chrome Tucana, Dynaudio 128k
      2005 S40 T5 Passion Red/Quartz, Serapis, Dynamic Package 77k
      Previous: 2005 S60 T5, 1998 V70 T5, 1996 854 Platinum

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 70 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 ... LastLast