SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Voice commands not working

19K views 20 replies 8 participants last post by  GrecianVolvo 
#1 ·
Suddenly my voice commands stopped working. When I hit the voice button and give a command it says "no speech detected"

Anyone successfully troubleshoot this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Is your car under warranty?
If so go to your dealer

#3 ·
Does your telephone hands free still work? Is the other person on the call able to hear you well?

#4 ·
Suddenly my voice commands stopped working. When I hit the voice button and give a command it says "no speech detected"

Are you saying that your Voice command was actually useful at some point? I have been so disappointed by how buggy it is that I just gave up trying to use it.

#5 ·
It works perfectly and has done so with every company car I have driven (and I go through 4 of them each year) and my English does have an accent.

However, there is a software update and (perhaps) your car may need it.

#6 ·

On a very rare occasion, this has happened. There is a software update for Sensus that should eliminate this from re-occurring.

#12 ·
Cars goes in Tuesday to get looked at for this. They looked at VIDA and said the software was checked on Dec 3rd, but can't tell what version it has without plugging into the car itself.

#13 ·
Did you do a map update recently? I had voice commands stop working after doing a map update. The update seemed to finish OK after the third disk and keypad entry of destination and actual navigation were working fine. But pressing the voice command button on the wheel did nothing.
Was about to take it in, but thought I'd give the update disks another go. Put #1 in and it said already loaded, put in #2 and it said wrong disk, put in #3 and it said 18 minutes to go! Let it finish (again), after which voice commands were working again.

#16 ·
Did you do a map update recently? I had voice commands stop working after doing a map update. The update seemed to finish OK after the third disk and keypad entry of destination and actual navigation were working fine. But pressing the voice command button on the wheel did nothing.
Was about to take it in, but thought I'd give the update disks another go. Put #1 in and it said already loaded, put in #2 and it said wrong disk, put in #3 and it said 18 minutes to go! Let it finish (again), after which voice commands were working again.
Good catch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.