SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

T-6 DIY Oil Filter Change Question

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  SKY-KING 
#1 ·
I will be getting a new V60 T-6 RD and would like to do my own oil and filter change. In looking at a T-6 at the showroom it looks like the filter is tucked low in the engine compartment and must be changed from the top. i would appreciate any input from members who have changed their own filter.
Is there a lot of spilling of oil once you loosen and remove the top? Any recommendations on getting the filter out from underneath the hoses that run over the top of the filter housing?
Thank you in advance.

#5 ·
Thank you for the link, Good information.
Does not answer the question, "Is there a lot of spilling of oil once you loosen and remove the top? Any recommendations on getting the filter out from underneath the hoses that run over the top of the filter housing?"

#6 ·
I watched the tech at the dealer change mine, no spillage. I have to assume that the configuration allows oil to drain back to the pan. Forgot what size socket he used to unscrew it, but it was in combination with a long extension and a universal joint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.