SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Another wheel/tire fitment thread

8K views 17 replies 10 participants last post by  compprep 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I'm a new owner of a completely stock MY '13 S60 T6 RD, and I'm shopping for a summer wheel/tire set-up. My goal is have a somewhat more flush fitment that fills some of the fender gap without getting too exotic. I have searched, and I've seen various pics around the forum but nothing that directly compares the options. Is there a thread that shows different set-ups?

If anyone is particularly happy with their set-up and is willing to post pics and deets (offset/wheel/tire), I'd be appreciative.

Thanks,
P

#2 ·
only way to fill the wheel gap is by lowering the car,

of course you can run 20" wheels but adds weight

its a balancing act,

mine is lowered on 19s and was able to shed wheel weight, and fill the wheel gap

#3 ·
Be CAREFUL!

I lowered mine (H&R) also put on 18*8.5 vs stock 18*8 wheels (same 235/40 Conti's that came on car new) that have .75" MORE to the outside. Don't know the actual offset. Looks great lowered and the wheels much more flush with the fender line.
Guess what? Both sides in the back rub the fender liner and the actual metal lip. Even with no one aboard or anything in the trunk on simple corners. Oddly the right more so than the left. It's fine on the stock wheels with winter tires (225/45). Now I need to find someone willing to roll the fenders.

That or a stiffer shock/spring package. Don't want a ox cart though! Good luck!

solarS60 looks real nice I must say!

#6 ·
Thanks for the input. I'd like to stay on the stock springs for now. It just seems to make sense to choose the wheel/tire combo first, and then make adjustments to the suspension and ride height depending on additional factors. M_B, that looks like a pretty solid fit to me. I suppose it's all fairly subjective. Is the stock suspension and ride height the same for S60 and the V60 RDs?

#8 ·
Congrats on your new S60 RD! Im sure you'll enjoy it!

The suspension is the same for both the wagon and sedan. One of the biggest contributors to the excess fender gap is the 55 ET offset on the OEM wheels. Add 10mm spacers or go with an aftermarket wheel with 42-45mm ET. THis will push the wheel out closer to the fender and visually reduce the excess gap seen from many angles. Check out wheels for your car on Tire rack and notice that most of them are 42-45mm ET. Going to 19's will also help, but I'd be careful with going over the 8" width...again minding the offset. The 20" setup looks great but would be very harsh with this suspension. Keep in mind that the Polestar cars have very specialized and expensive Ohlins shocks which manage the 20" wheels (and stiffer springs) much better than the RD.

#7 ·
@SolarS60, just went through your thread. The drop and flush fitment gives it a very aggressive stance IMO. From your pics it looks like your setup actually sticks out from under the fender at ET +45.

#14 ·
Thanks for that. I've never heard of those wheels. Can anyone speak to the quality (finish quality, strength)

Also any suggestion on what size spacer one can run on a v60 with sport suspension on 19" bors. I don't love spacers but I do like these stock 19" bors but need a better fitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#16 ·
Great thread. Looking forward to more discussion about wheel options. Unfortunately there aren't too many attractive options with our bolt patterns but hopefully the aftermarket will step up their game at some point.

#17 · (Edited)
Happy Holidays :snowcool:

My 2015.5 MY T6 S60 Drive E has the OEM lowered sport suspension setup with 235/40R19 AS tires.
I am aiming for better handling, cornering & less body roll, but without sacrificing the smooth ride. Therefore, I plan to upgrade the OEM springs to Eibach Pro Kit with 15mm lowering option and upgrade the OEM tires to a slightly wider and taller 245/40R19 Mich. PSS.
Will there be enough wheel-well clearance to not rub anything?
Any other ideas?

#18 ·
I am aiming for better handling, cornering & less body roll, but without sacrificing the smooth ride.
Get the IPD rear sway bar and heavy duty end links first. Also upgrade the rubber bushing on the end links to poly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.