SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Key Fob Battery

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ecoDrive 
#1 ·
I have a warning telling me to replace the key fob battery. Has anyone done this themselves? If it's easy and the battery is not too expensive it's not worth a trip to the dealer.

#2 · (Edited)
It's not difficult at all if you follow the directions in the owner's manual. The only tool you need is the right sized small and thin screwdriver to pry open the case. Just be careful and gentle, so you don't break anything.

I replace the battery every year, because I'm compulsive about such things, but it would be wise to replace the key fob battery at least after every two years (and you should replace the batteries in both keys at the same time).

#3 ·
Very cool! I was wondering if the key fob would send a low battery signal to the car so that a warning could be displayed. It's easy to open the fob, owners manual page 60. You'll need 2 button cell batteries, CR2430, a couple bucks each. My fob was still going strong after 3 years but the dealer replaced the batteries about a year ago as an attempt to fix the door lock sensor problem I was having which of course didn't solve the problem but I got new batteries out of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.