SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Contour Seat Package vs Air-suspension with FOUR-C Active Chassis -- why can't you have both?

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  citivas 
#1 ·
When you try to build your car on the Volvo site if you select the 4-corner air suspension with FOUR-C active chassis it removes the Contour Seats option. Anyone know why? I can't see why those two options have anything to do with each other and both seem desirable.

#4 ·
Both standard and Contour front seats have thigh extenders on all R-Design and Inscription models. They're extra on Momentum models. Contour seats are more bucket-like. I have no idea why the air suspension should exclude Contour seats, an exclusion not mentioned in any Volvo USA price lists I've seen. A configurator glitch perhaps?

#5 ·
Could it be that different anchors are used, either for the seat belts or the seats themselves, on the two seat options ... and one of them interferes with the large diameter air suspension components? Just a thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.