SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

2012 s60 speed limiter remove

8K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  dhorvath 
#1 ·
Hello everyone i have 2012 s60d2

I did some modifacions down pipe, remap etc.

205 km/h is my speed limit i never pass thiss speed. Does any one know is it possible to remove this limiter via vida ?

#2 ·
Hello everyone i have 2012 s60d2

I did some modifacions down pipe, remap etc.

205 km/h is my speed limit i never pass this speed. Does any one know is it possible to remove this limiter via vida ?
So you never go faster than 127.36 MPH.... good luck with that if you want to go faster. Is this a track in your country... or just out and about the autostrada, autobahn or whatever?

#7 ·
What remap?

Usually BSR, TME, RICA, etc, their tunes always delete the speed limiter.

In the USA, with P3 cars, I think Shark Performance is the only tune available, and it will remove your speed limiter. (That's for you, MrSideways... :D ) Probably not much more HP than the Polestar tune though... they have told me the turbo is just too small.

#6 ·
Be nice to get it removed. I have the opportunity to run a track day at daytona in a few weeks and i turned it down because i would just be sitting on the speed limiter the whole way around.

#9 ·
I have the S60 T5 US-spec and hit the limiter at 130 MPH/210 KPH on the autobahn. I know it was a limiter because I was running enhanced gauges via OBD II and had plenty of room on the engine/throttle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.