SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Spoiler Install Question

8K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  ElectroNoire 
#1 ·
Hi all. I just received my rear spoiler from a 3rd party parts retailer. Spoiler came with what appear to be three screw holes underneath but with no hardware. Do any of you know how the spoiler is supposed to be installed (mainly, is adhesive sufficient or do I need to drill and screw to attach properly)?

Wondering if anyone's taken this on themselves and could offer some tips. Many thanks as always.

- Chris

#2 ·
I removed my factory R-Design spoiler and it was just double-sided tape and adhesive. The Polestar spoiler went on with just double-side tape.

#5 ·
3rd brake light wire was easy to connect/disconnect?

#3 ·
I since found a pdf on the Volvo site that seems to show the installation instructions, though some detail is missing. You wouldn't happen to know what adhesive we should use, or what kind of primer? The instructions list both, but describe neither.

#4 ·
Isopropyl alcohol is used to clean the surface. I used body solvent to make sure it was clean before I stuck the new one on. I also had a few little Polestar cleaning pads (the ones that come with the Polestar emblems) and used those too. The spoiler came with the double sided tape already installed, no real place to add adhesive. So far so good.
I imagine any type of urethane will do the trick.

#6 ·
The standard spoiler appears to work about the same - double sided tape is all the way around the underside of the piece and no obvious contact point for applying adhesive, at least to my eye. Just lacking some confidence because the Volvo instructions found on their site indicate use of additional glue.

If no one can shed more light soon, I guess I'll just try using the preinstalled double sided tape and hope the thing doesn't fly off on the highway. . .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.