VERY FRUSTRATING Outside Temp Sensor Issue
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VERY FRUSTRATING Outside Temp Sensor Issue

I'm stumped, guys.

Symptoms:
      • The outside temperature readout in my DIM reads between -40 degrees and -38 degrees, or simply goes to ---*F.
      • I have a check engine light, and the code is for ambient temperature sensor resistance.
      • As a result, my climate control is acting all wonky since it thinks it's like the arctic tundra outside, and I barely ever get any A/C.

What I've done so far:
      • Replaced the actual temp sensor in the drivers mirror TWICE. (Just to make sure I didn't get a dud.)
      • Removed the door panel and inspected the main green 16 pin mirror plug for corrosion as others reported this was an issue. I found corrosion on pins 1, 2, 3, and 4. The temp sensor uses pins 2 and 3, so I rewired both of those through a second volvo OEM 2 pin connector which I salvaged from a parts car.
      • When I rewired it, it went back to working. I unplugged and plugged it back in several times to make sure everything was good. Checked all of the wiring, jiggled and tugged on everything, and it seemed to be working fine. I then replaced the door panel, rechecked the temp readout and cleared the codes. All was still well. I then left the car alone for about 30 minutes, came back to it, and it was back to the same problem -40*F, and the CEL came back on in short order.
      • I checked the wiring diagram, and the two wires go through no other modules. They go straight to the ECM. They pass through the 16 pin green connector at the mirror, then the connector where they pass through the rubber door boot, one other connector, and then into the ECM. They're the only two wires in the 16 pin connector that don't first go through the DDM before going elsewhere. I'm having no other symptoms.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as it's starting to get warm here and I'm boiling in my black on black car with no AC!
      2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Polestar + Snabb | 95,000 Miles
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 311,000 Miles
      1998 Volvo V70 R | 2004 Maserati M128 Coupe | 1992 Subaru SVX
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by itwontstopsnowin View Post
      I'm stumped, guys.

Symptoms:
      • The outside temperature readout in my DIM reads between -40 degrees and -38 degrees, or simply goes to ---*F.
      • I have a check engine light, and the code is for ambient temperature sensor resistance.
      • As a result, my climate control is acting all wonky since it thinks it's like the arctic tundra outside, and I barely ever get any A/C.

What I've done so far:
      • Replaced the actual temp sensor in the drivers mirror TWICE. (Just to make sure I didn't get a dud.)
      • Removed the door panel and inspected the main green 16 pin mirror plug for corrosion as others reported this was an issue. I found corrosion on pins 1, 2, 3, and 4. The temp sensor uses pins 2 and 3, so I rewired both of those through a second volvo OEM 2 pin connector which I salvaged from a parts car.
      • When I rewired it, it went back to working. I unplugged and plugged it back in several times to make sure everything was good. Checked all of the wiring, jiggled and tugged on everything, and it seemed to be working fine. I then replaced the door panel, rechecked the temp readout and cleared the codes. All was still well. I then left the car alone for about 30 minutes, came back to it, and it was back to the same problem -40*F, and the CEL came back on in short order.
      • I checked the wiring diagram, and the two wires go through no other modules. They go straight to the ECM. They pass through the 16 pin green connector at the mirror, then the connector where they pass through the rubber door boot, one other connector, and then into the ECM. They're the only two wires in the 16 pin connector that don't first go through the DDM before going elsewhere. I'm having no other symptoms.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated as it's starting to get warm here and I'm boiling in my black on black car with no AC!
      If the P1s are wired like the P2s, the driver's side is for the ECM and the passenger side temp sensor is for the CCM and temp reading on your DIM. You're probably replacing the wrong side.
      Last edited by T501; 04-19-2015 at 11:42 PM.
      David - '01 S60 T5 GT 177K+ miles OWNED SINCE DAY ONE - Bilstein Sport + TME, ipd sway bar + endlinks, UR chassis braces (upper F+R), Powerslot /Akebono pads, Snabb Intake, HD coils, iMIV Original engine, transmission replaced at 79k miles
      Wife -'13 C30 T5 R-Design Dad - '98 S70 T5 160K + miles, Bilstein TCs, IPD HD rear springs, SAS delete Mom -'10 S80 V8 Executive Sis - '02 S80 T6 Backup car -'13 S60 T5

Also, you should be able to control your AC in manual mode without the temp sensor functioning. I did that for a while until I fixed mine.
      David - '01 S60 T5 GT 177K+ miles OWNED SINCE DAY ONE - Bilstein Sport + TME, ipd sway bar + endlinks, UR chassis braces (upper F+R), Powerslot /Akebono pads, Snabb Intake, HD coils, iMIV Original engine, transmission replaced at 79k miles
      Wife -'13 C30 T5 R-Design Dad - '98 S70 T5 160K + miles, Bilstein TCs, IPD HD rear springs, SAS delete Mom -'10 S80 V8 Executive Sis - '02 S80 T6 Backup car -'13 S60 T5

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by T501 View Post
      If the P3s are wired like the P2s, the driver's side is for the ECM and the passenger side temp sensor is for the CCM and temp reading on your DIM. You're probably replacing the wrong side.
      There is no sensor on the passenger side. Just a dummy "plug" in the hole. Already checked that.
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 311,000 Miles

There is no sensor on the passenger side. Just a dummy "plug" in the hole. Already checked that.
      So much for that idea. Sorry.

Also, you should be able to control your AC in manual mode without the temp sensor functioning. I did that for a while until I fixed mine.
      I tried that. That's what I'm doing now, and I seem to get A/C whenever the car feels like it. I checked and the compressor is engaging 100% of the time, but AC is only coming out every so often. When I start the car, and the AC is working, it'll work the entire time I'm running the car. If I start the car and it's not working, then it wont work until I shut off the car and restart it and hopefully get AC on that cycle. When it's working it's good and ice cold like it should be.

I should add that if I leave it in auto mode, I get nothing but full blast heat no matter what the temp setting is.

When I did it I set both temps to LO and used fan speed control only and recirc on manual and auto button disengaged. Again that is in my S60 so it may not work the same way in the 80 but it's worth a shot.

Tasca shows you have a right and left temp sensor:

http://www.tascaparts.com/auto-parts...t/mirrors-scat

You have two, one in each mirror
      That's for starters but is there a big problem having your dealer fix this?
      It seems as if you're going in circles, spending a lot of time and money ......shooting darts when you have no idea what it takes to fix it
      Email: jrl1194(at)aol.com
      If the subject is car purchase related please use jrl1194(at)gmail.com
      2007 V70 2.5T White/Oak 108K miles, new daily driver
      2000 V70R wife's. Won't sell, now near 141,000 miles and still near perfect!
      2000 S70 GLT SE 30,005 MILES, A time capsule! JUST SOLD.

Quote Originally Posted by JRL View Post
      You have two, one in each mirror
      That's for starters but is there a big problem having your dealer fix this?
      It seems as if you're going in circles, spending a lot of time and money ......shooting darts when you have no idea what it takes to fix it
      There is no sensor in the right mirror. Period. The sensor location has a plastic dummy piece in it, and there is no electrical connector. I'm working on my car on my own A.) Because I like to, and B.) Because my service department is backed up by 3 weeks. With regard to wasting time and money, the sensors themselves are less than $10. I've spent about 20 minutes total working on it. Again, I enjoy working on my car.

Also, I shouldn't have to justify myself to you, and please don't post misinformation. There is no sensor in the right mirror. Not only that, the wiring diagram for the right mirror doesn't show that there is supposed to be one. Even though it doesn't show a sensor in the right mirror, I opened it up anyway as it looks like it has one from the outside, but it does NOT have a sensor on the right side. The P2s DO have two sensors. When I saw you posted in my thread, I thought maybe the post would be helpful since I didn't think I posted anything which you could pick apart. I typically have you blocked since you're such a dick, but I clicked to show this post. I should have known it would be your normal instigative unhelpful junk. I'm not "shooting darts." I'm methodically going through the system from the sensor to ECU and correcting problems as I find them. I decided to ask on this forum as there are people here with genuine information that might be able to help, rather than provide comments which have nothing to do with actually rectifying the problem at hand.

/soapbox. Now back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Tasca shows you have a right and left temp sensor:

http://www.tascaparts.com/auto-parts...t/mirrors-scat

According to the wiring diagram, it's in the right mirror on RHD cars. That would explain the dummy plug and hole. There simply is no sensor or wiring for one. I'll take the mirror apart and take pictures tomorrow.

EDIT: Incidentally, volvopartswebstore and VIDA both show sensors for only the left mirror.
      Last edited by itwontstopsnowin; 04-19-2015 at 11:39 PM.

When I did it I set both temps to LO and used fan speed control only and recirc on manual and auto button disengaged. Again that is in my S60 so it may not work the same way in the 80 but it's worth a shot.
      Doing what you're describing is exactly how I'm getting intermittent AC.

That is, what we call in the business: a buuuurrrrrnnnn. Haha. Good luck with the sensor, my friend!
      Black Stone 01 s60 2.4T (Sold) 150k Miles

Nautic Blue 04 s80 2.9 (Current) 272k miles as of 9/28/2014 [Purchased Feb. 14]

Magic Blue 05 s60 R (Current) 155k miles as of 9/28/2014 [Purchased Sept. 14]

I figured I had to run out to the car and get a pic to prove myself.

These pics are from the other day showing the sensor in my left mirror.

This pic shows the blank black plastic plug in place of where the sensor would be.

There is also no wiring going through the green harness or into the mirror. It's raining and windy out, so I didn't want to go through the procedure of removing the mirror cap to prove this. The right mirror should have no sensor, obviously. Also, if the argument is still that the right mirror is supposed to have a sensor, that wouldn't explain why it has worked fine for the last 260,000+ miles without one.
      Last edited by itwontstopsnowin; 04-20-2015 at 12:23 AM.

Here is the information from the Volvo "EWD" database. The first diagram shows that the ECM gets its temp reading from only module 6/62 which is defined in the second diagram as the left exterior mirror. No mention is made of the right mirror. In the third diagram, there is only one ambient temp sensor listed which is module 7/69. You'll notice in the first diagram that that is defined as the temp sensor in the left exterior mirror.

No experience with this, just some ideas on what I might think about in diagnosing it:

Just a guess, but perhaps it's the climate control computer (not sure what it's called) that is defective?
      If the sensor and related wiring is not the fault, check the main power cable to that climate control module (plug/un-plug) and other items that plug into it.
      If there is any diagnostic that can be run for just that module and it's sensors (my Maxima had something like that), see if it can run using VIDA/Dice and see if it thinks it is ok.

Please let us know what your find and good luck!
      2007 S80 3.2L FWD (BD: 11/06)| Willow Green | 218K miles @ 5/2017
      Mods: IPD Alu Skid Plate | 25% tint | Qwik-Valve F104S + ADP-104 | MagnaFlow Mufflers (#11225) w/Stainless tips | GC Edge 0W-40 oil | Continental PureContact tires (225/50R17) on 17" Regor rims.

Wow, just seeing this now, and I had the same problem on my 09 S80 several years back under warranty. I don't remember seeing very low temperatures, only the "---*C" given my metric settings. Had the funky A/C issues associated with it. By fluke, I'm pretty sure it is not exclusively the temperature sensor. The reason I know this, is that the dealership originally replaced the sensor, and when I came to pick it up the same "---*C" was displayed. Either they didn't check it (seems impossible) or they claimed it was intermittent.

In any event, they later replaced something else, which for the life of me I don't remember, sorry. I have searched for the work invoice, although it was under warranty so maybe I didn't keep it. If I find it, I'll let you know what they ultimately replaced, but it was something in addition to the temperature sensor.

Probably not helping you any, but at least realize you aren't going crazy by replacing your temp sensor without fix - twice.

Quote Originally Posted by phlegm View Post
      Wow, just seeing this now, and I had the same problem on my 09 S80 several years back under warranty. I don't remember seeing very low temperatures, only the "---*C" given my metric settings. Had the funky A/C issues associated with it. By fluke, I'm pretty sure it is not exclusively the temperature sensor. The reason I know this, is that the dealership originally replaced the sensor, and when I came to pick it up the same "---*C" was displayed. Either they didn't check it (seems impossible) or they claimed it was intermittent.

In any event, they later replaced something else, which for the life of me I don't remember, sorry. I have searched for the work invoice, although it was under warranty so maybe I didn't keep it. If I find it, I'll let you know what they ultimately replaced, but it was something in addition to the temperature sensor.

Probably not helping you any, but at least realize you aren't going crazy by replacing your temp sensor without fix - twice.
      If it was under warranty, any Volvo dealership can look up in Volvo's records to see what was replaced. If you could give your dealership a call and find out, I would certainly owe you a beer!

Quote Originally Posted by whizkid View Post
      No experience with this, just some ideas on what I might think about in diagnosing it:

Just a guess, but perhaps it's the climate control computer (not sure what it's called) that is defective?
      If the sensor and related wiring is not the fault, check the main power cable to that climate control module (plug/un-plug) and other items that plug into it.
      If there is any diagnostic that can be run for just that module and it's sensors (my Maxima had something like that), see if it can run using VIDA/Dice and see if it thinks it is ok.

Please let us know what your find and good luck!
      Considering that the sensor goes to the ECM first, and an ECM fault is being thrown, I think that would indicate that the problem would be somewhere between the sensor and the ECM, not the ECM and the CCM.

If it was under warranty, any Volvo dealership can look up in Volvo's records to see what was replaced. If you could give your dealership a call and find out, I would certainly owe you a beer!
      Sure, I'll try to call them tomorrow.

BTW, I found this when randomly searching against this issue:

"...there is also a temp. sensor in the drivers (left) side door mirror housing which gives the ECM ambient temperature information but does not send the temp info to the instrument panel. Very strange indeed." Unsure if it applies to our vehicles, but there could be a chance that the sensor you replaced was ECM only, while another in the airdam/bumper area is the one that gives the dash readout. That could actually explain the lack of change after 2 sensors tried.

http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/for...pic.php?t=8797

Probably there is some confusion over the 1st gen and 2nd gen S80s as far as the number of sensors and their location. 1st gen indeed had sensors in the passenger mirror. Setting the temp dial to a max setting and using the fan is indeed the temporary workaround. Best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by VolvoFaRmeR View Post
      Probably there is some confusion over the 1st gen and 2nd gen S80s as far as the number of sensors and their location. 1st gen indeed had sensors in the passenger mirror. Setting the temp dial to a max setting and using the fan is indeed the temporary workaround. Best of luck.
      You're exactly right. The P2 cars have two sensors, whereas the P3 (EUCD) cars only have one.

Sure, I'll try to call them tomorrow.

BTW, I found this when randomly searching against this issue:

"...there is also a temp. sensor in the drivers (left) side door mirror housing which gives the ECM ambient temperature information but does not send the temp info to the instrument panel. Very strange indeed." Unsure if it applies to our vehicles, but there could be a chance that the sensor you replaced was ECM only, while another in the airdam/bumper area is the one that gives the dash readout. That could actually explain the lack of change after 2 sensors tried.

http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/for...pic.php?t=8797
      Considering that the ECM is throwing a code, AND the display and CCM are messed up, I don't think that theory fits my situation. Additionally, if you look at the above diagrams, there is only one ambient temperature sensor on the car. It interfaces directly with the ECM, and then the ECM provides the information to the other systems that require it.

Also, I'd like to extend my thanks to all who have contributed to this thread in a positive way. I don't want my nasty post to JRL to make me come off as a total jerk. I truly am appreciative of the constructive information being posted here.

I'm willing to bet there's still another ambient temp sensor in there somewhere.

Do you have the wiring diagram with the DIM and CCM? That would be the circuit where the other ambient temp sensor would be if there is one.

I'm willing to bet there's still another ambient temp sensor in there somewhere.

Do you have the wiring diagram with the DIM and CCM? That would be the circuit where the other ambient temp sensor would be if there is one.
      Yes. The only temperature sensors related to the CCM system are the interior sensor in the center stack, and the ac evaporator temp sensor. That also wouldnt explain why when I unplug and plug back in the mirror sensor, it works for a bit. Don't forget that it's only throwing an ECM code as well.

Yes. The only temperature sensors related to the CCM system are the interior sensor in the center stack, and the ac evaporator temp sensor. That also wouldnt explain why when I unplug and plug back in the mirror sensor, it works for a bit. Don't forget that it's only throwing an ECM code as well.
      What happens if you just disconnect the exterior mirror sensor?
      Does the "fail safe" climate control work better or more consistently in that case? (Set temp to minimum and fan manually.)
      2002 S60 T5 5M (SOLD) - ECU, intake, exhaust || 2006 S60R 6M Sonic Blue (Saved My Life), 2:03.5 at BIR long course, 2:00 at BIR short course, My HD Trackday Videos, Loud enough for ya? || 2007 S80 V8 (his), 35% tint, Sport Package (4C), Heated and Cooled Seats, IPD Rear Sway Bar || 2011 XC70 T6 (hers), 35% tint, IPD Rear Sway Bar, IPD Photo Contest Winner in 2015 and 2016, Dragon Slayer || 2015.5 V60 P* (ours) #46/80

OK, called the dealership. Service person was rushed, and very rude. Anyway, here's what I jotted down from his description, hope it makes sense to you:

First entry: Cust reports no temperature in dash. Insp & replace temp sensor and harness.
      Second entry: Cust rep intermit false temps in cluster. Insp and clean harness connect. Minor corrosion. DDM replace/reload SW.

Hope that helps - it doesn't mean a heck of a lot to me.

Did you ever resolve this problem?

OK, called the dealership. Service person was rushed, and very rude. Anyway, here's what I jotted down from his description, hope it makes sense to you:

First entry: Cust reports no temperature in dash. Insp & replace temp sensor and harness.
      Second entry: Cust rep intermit false temps in cluster. Insp and clean harness connect. Minor corrosion. DDM replace/reload SW.

Hope that helps - it doesn't mean a heck of a lot to me.
      Thank you so much for calling the dealership for me. Don't feel singled out. Most of them are jerks.

That's actually exactly what I did. rather than clean off the corrosion, I bypassed the connection entirely with a new harness. I'm going to go back and check the main connection at the door as I experienced a couple of rather dubious reactions from the PCC button on my drivers door over the past few days. That said, it has been showing the temperature more properly lately, but it seems completely random as to when it works properly and when it doesnt. I'm in the process of getting one of my other cars ready for Carlisle as it's in the invitational section so this has been on the back burner lately.

Quote Originally Posted by gary3 View Post
      Did you ever resolve this problem?
      But yet, but when I do, I'll post a very detailed update.

Well, I asked the Volvo dealership to diagnose it, and all they did was run a VIDA scan on it and tell me the sensor needed to be replaced, despite the fact that I told them I've already scanned it with VIDA and have replaced the sensor twice, as well as rewired the 16 pin green connector. Sometimes I feel like whatever I say to them is ignored.

With the temperature increasing, my health issues, no A/C, and a black on black car, something's gotta give. I have about 1500 miles of driving coming up this week. I am going to mount the sensor in one of the bumper grilles like on P80 models and run wires directly to the pins on the ECM. That should bypass all possible issues unless the ECM itself is the culprit, which I doubt is the case as whenever I mess with the wiring in the door, it seems to start working again. I'll revisit fixing it properly at a later date. I just don't have time to mess around with it right now, my own service department doesn't have time, and the Volvo dealership doesn't seem up to the task.

Well, I asked the Volvo dealership to diagnose it, and all they did was run a VIDA scan on it and tell me the sensor needed to be replaced, despite the fact that I told them I've already scanned it with VIDA and have replaced the sensor twice, as well as rewired the 16 pin green connector. Sometimes I feel like whatever I say to them is ignored.

With the temperature increasing, my health issues, no A/C, and a black on black car, something's gotta give. I have about 1500 miles of driving coming up this week. I am going to mount the sensor in one of the bumper grilles like on P80 models and run wires directly to the pins on the ECM. That should bypass all possible issues unless the ECM itself is the culprit, which I doubt is the case as whenever I mess with the wiring in the door, it seems to start working again. I'll revisit fixing it properly at a later date. I just don't have time to mess around with it right now, my own service department doesn't have time, and the Volvo dealership doesn't seem up to the task.
      Well that suck! Sorry to hear that.

As an EE, I'm betting (with little experience with Volvo electrical issues as of yet) that the culprit really is your ECU. The reason is the sensor itself is likely an RTD which is powered by the ECU in order to read a temperature. If the ECU has "issues" with that circuit, it might not consistently power and read that sensor correctly. The wiring connectors all have a very small amount of contact resistance that when messed with will get lower for a time (few days maybe). If the voltage/current to the sensor is right at such a weak level than this contact resistance may be overcome for a while and work. That may also explain why outside temperature effects it as well (worse in winter, better in summer).

In any case, I sure hope you eventually get this sorted out and I know you'll let us know what the deal is. Good luck!
      2007 S80 3.2L FWD (BD: 11/06)| Willow Green | 218K miles @ 5/2017
      Mods: IPD Alu Skid Plate | 25% tint | Qwik-Valve F104S + ADP-104 | MagnaFlow Mufflers (#11225) w/Stainless tips | GC Edge 0W-40 oil | Continental PureContact tires (225/50R17) on 17" Regor rims.

Success!

I cut the wires to the sensor just a few inches from the ECM and ran wiring to the front of the car. I placed the sensor inside the very front of the tube behind the grille which provides fresh air to the engine's airbox. It seems to have permanently solved the problem. It immediately started displaying the proper temperature and my A/C is back. I checked it several more times since then and everything is A-OK. I see this as a temporary fix as it's certainly less than proper. I'll eventually have to trace the OEM wiring between the ECM and the mirror and find the problem, but for now I have working A/C and an accurate temperature readout.

I have read about others who have had the same problem in multiple models of P3 Volvo, though I never found anybody who posted what their ultimate solution was. Considering that the V8 models use a Japanese manufactured Denso ECM, and the non-V8 models use a completely different Denso ECM made in Spain, I doubt that they'd all suffer from the same failure. I believe that since bypassing the original wiring to the sensor has solved the issue, it proves that the ECM itself is not at fault. For reference for anybody who has this problem in the future, here is what I did:

This information all applies to the S80 V8 models from 2007-2010. Please consult Volvo's EWD (Electrical Wiring Diagram) database for information on other cars.

The wiring is a twisted pair of wires in white and black/white. It goes to connector B on the ECM which is the smaller of the two connectors, and is the one closer to the passenger side of the vehicle on left hand drive cars. This twisted pair attaches to the ECM at pins 9 and 29, however I didn't have to consult the pinout, as it was the only white and white/black twisted pair going to connector B. They stuck out like a sore thumb almost immediately. I simply cut the wires and connected (to the ECM side, of course) a length of speaker wire which I had "laying around." I then ran the wiring up to the drivers side front of the car, and tucked it into the fresh air intake in front of the airbox. Considering this is where the ambient temperature sensor is located in many non-Volvo cars, I figured it wouldnt hurt.

I'd like to again express that I am not saying this is to be intended as a permanent fix. It was simply something that I did to get my car functioning properly in the near term. I drive a LOT, and considering my car is black on black, it gets hot inside when the sun is shining, even when it's not even that hot outside. That said, there's no real reason that I can tell that this "repair" wouldn't hold up long term, but it's certainly not "proper." I do intend on repairing the short in the stock wiring eventually and going back to the stock arrangement as soon as time allows.

To get to the ECM on a V8 car, you must remove the cowl. start by removing the cowl gasket at the forward edge of the cowl. Then remove the battery cover. Then remove the wiper arms (15mm nuts). There are 6 plastic clips which then hold the cowl plastic in place. Remove these, and the cowl panel will come out. Take care to disconnect it from the rubber pieces on the outside edges of the panel. Once the cowl is off, locate the twisted pair of wires (white and white/black) going to connector B. Connector B is the smaller of the two connectors. cut these wires, and use an ambient temp sensor and some spare wiring to extend the sensor to your desired mounting location. I simply tucked mine inside the fresh air intake for the engine just behind the grille, behind the drivers side headlamp. Below are pictures showing all of this:

NOTE: Yes, I know my engine bay is dirty. I dont clean the engines in my V8 Volvos because I am paranoid about potential issues with the balance shaft bearings. I know that this is not supposed to be a concern in cars made after 2005, but my cars are getting up there in mileage, so I'm not taking chances.

Connector B (shown in the first picture compared to the engine bay for location purposes):

Twisted pair wires going to pins 9 and 29 of connector B:

Wires connected up to extend the wiring to the front of the car. There is a multitude of ways of connecting wires together, so I won't make any suggestions here. Use whatever you think is best.

Wiring tucked into fresh air intake duct in front of the engine airbox (again, the first picture is zoomed out further to show the location):

Problem solved! Accurate reading and air conditioning!

Last edited by itwontstopsnowin; 05-04-2015 at 01:23 AM.

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast