SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Polestar Sightings Thread

82K views 358 replies 119 participants last post by  lawdogg 
#1 ·
I don't expect this to be a very active thread, but others have asked for it and I just had my first encounter with another P* in the wild (not at a Cars and Coffee) so I thought I would make the thread. It's a place for people to post pictures or just stories of encounters with P*'s in the "wild".

I just saw a RB V60 P* turning onto Marsh Rd in Redwood City/Menlo Park about to get onto 101. I was stopped at the light one car deep. It looked like he got in the right lane so I was hoping that he was getting on 101 South. I got caught at another Red light and then got on the highway like a bat out of hell hoping to get some glimpse of Blue in the distance but saw nothing. As I made my way through traffic I finally saw some Blue. It was then on and #50 kicked into high gear. I caught up to the other P* but just as he was exiting onto highway 85. I caught his attention and we waved. License plate was an older CA plate and some variation of Speed Wagon. I have a feeling it was the car I took a picture of with the Boxster back in Dec. and they are not on this forum, but I could be wrong.

#204 ·
Little Rock, Arkansas this afternoon, north-bound on Commerce at 11th. White with dark rims V60. I recognized the true P* by the larger Polestar badge and lower body panels.

I caught up to the guy at a stoplight (in my pedestrian ACURA MDX) exchanged a few, brief words.

Second real P* I've seen live in the wild.

#205 ·
Saw a RB V60* on Lincoln Drive just outside Philly 2 days ago. I also pass a RB S60 P* on East Mt. Airy everyday. Has a bunch of decals on it from TDI, Elevate, Viva, etc. I think the owner was standing next to the car as I drove by last night and he watched me pass. I should've stopped to say hi but had to get home in a rush.

#207 · (Edited)
Just now black V60P sb on MA SR 3 between Derby St and 228. We were in my T-5R.

#208 ·
Sunday July 9 at about 6:40 PM, reble blue S60P WB on I-78 just east of Exit 60. I was headed east in my yellow T-5R estate and my dad was right behind me in his '98 Frost Green V70 T5 SE.

#209 ·
Spotted in the Fresh Market parking lot in Horsham, PA on Monday around lunchtime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#210 · (Edited)
I was walking up to a coffee shop in the South Loop this afternoon and spotted this Black V60 P* parked out front (a little too close to the corner). I was taking the photos linked below, when the owner walked out and look pretty concerned. I complimented the car, but he didn't seem to want to talk. As he quickly slid into the car, I understood why. He said, "I thought I was going to get a ticket."

#212 ·
I was walking up to a coffee shop in the South Loop this afternoon and spotted this Black V60 P* parked out front (a little too close to the corner). I was taking the photos linked below, when the owner walked out and look pretty concerned. I complimented the car, but he didn't seem to want to talk. As he quickly slid into the car, I understood why. He said, "I thought I was going to get a ticket."

http://s755.photobucket.com/user/lo...tted/IMG_6984_zpsvhjkwmcn.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
http://s755.photobucket.com/user/lo...tted/IMG_6985_zpslgyvmgn2.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0
Love the look of that. I have no need for the top basket, but i would totally rock that.

#217 ·
White V60 P* w/ tinted tails, blacked out VOLVO letters in Redmond this AM? Parked right next to you in my XC60...are we neighbors?

#218 ·
Saw a white V60 P* last weekend twice on I-89, heading north to VT then south. Anyone here? I wondered if maybe they attended the Stowe classic auto show?

#224 ·
Could have been me...

Up on Friday afternoon and back on Sunday, plus a Saturday trip on I89 up to Burlington for the farmers market. My wife and I try to take in either the classic or British car show in Stowe each year. I always enjoy the drive and probably see more Volvo wagons in Stowe that weekend than I do the rest of the year in Massachusetts. Even had one V70 honk and wave.

#220 ·
8/22/2017 5:45pm, Laguna Hills, CA - White V60 P* turning right on la paz onto cabot rd, then made a quick left into 76 gas station.

#222 ·
Bad pic but this had a P* badge (so maybe just a tune). Going south on 95 in VA Wed. evening.

#228 ·
Wagon, great story. I got a $500 ticket back im the day im my E30.

Neat that peeps found u on FB. Cant hide in those sweet wagons. It was random that we were just visiting for the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#239 ·
Yesterday about 10:20 AM silver S60P getting off of SR3 north onto Derby St in Hingham MA

#240 ·
Atlanta (Collier Road near Piedmont Hospital) today (Tuesday, June 12) about noon. Saw my first Polestar in the wild. Cyan Racing Blue 2018. I honked at you.