SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

Polestar Members Picture Thread

131K views 474 replies 116 participants last post by  TexasV60P 
#1 · (Edited)
Couldn't find a general thread for pictures of our cars... post em up!

Just did a little trip to Portland over the weekend...

... and instagram version..

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#103 ·
I got the socks as a back-up to the snow tires if stopped by CHP requiring 'chains' to proceed figuring if conditions ever did reach R3 I'd pull over to wait it out anyway...and at the time my research indicated they were acceptable for traction control but as I've revisited the research it seems it may still be questionable. We're heading up to Tahoe this weekend so hopefully it won't present a problem...that said, the weather is looking like it might not continue to snow through the weekend.

Considering how little clearance there is on my winter wheels, I'd think chains wouldn't fit, even on the 19"s...I don't think my offset is THAT far from the P* 19"s but I could be wrong. If I get stopped this weekend I'll be sure to report whether the socks 1) qualify with CHP as 'chains' and 2) if they even work!

#105 ·
I would really hesitate putting any type "chain" on any wheel as there is so little clearance and I would bet at some point they would start to loosen and then start slapping around. It does not take much for some loose
chains to do some real damage. The sock option would be the only "safe" alternative. Any really good modern snow tire will go thru almost any conditions thrown at you and if it got so bad the snow tires would not do
the job the road will probably be shut down at that point anyway. I've run high end snow tires for well over 10 years and been many really sketchy conditions and they've always pulled me thru while many SUV's are
in the ditches.

#107 ·
Please take care of these, guys. In about 5 years I'll be looking for one. Keep the pictures coming. rlvdesign can include more of the beauty if he wants. No complaints on either.