OFFICIAL: XC90 Photo Thread
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

OFFICIAL: XC90 Photo Thread

Searched for one, but couldn't find anything resembling a "post all your photos of your moose here" thread, so decided to start one. I'm always curious to check out other folks' rides, so feel free to post up any and all pictures of your XC. I've also had the following pic for a week or so and have been wanting to post it somewhere, so, here starts the trend!

Memorial Day Weekend, 2015 at Lake Anna in Virginia
      2013 WRX Limited Hatch - Satin White Pearl
      2009 XC90 V8 R-Design
      2005 WRX Sedan (Gone)
      1998 V70R (Gone)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Here are a couple of mine from last year. Probably early July just after I'd picked it up. I need to get some better ones.

Cannon Hall near Barnsley, South Yorkshire.

Some incredibly tough, urban setting in err... Sheffield, South Yorkshire.

Nice color, rich

Love the Volvo emblem on the grille of the newer XC's...I should probably update that.
      2009 XC90 V8 R-Design
      2005 WRX Sedan (Gone)
      1998 V70R (Gone)

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Good thinking with the thread, thumbs for that! Nice pictures!

Mine is from the last summer when the car was sitting next to cottage. The picture is more car than a landscape but hope you don´t mind.

Last edited by shefki; 06-04-2015 at 02:43 PM.
      Volvo XC90 V8 Executive 2005
      Volvo V50 T5 Summum 2005

Thanks! What color is that white?

Here's another one from this past winter in Tunbridge, VT with "Sven" in winter mode.
      2009 XC90 V8 R-Design
      2005 WRX Sedan (Gone)
      1998 V70R (Gone)

How do you upload images? I have them saved to my Flickr, but I can't get farther. Would love to share!
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport (R-Design), Passion Red, Large Iron Mark Grille, Satin Black Metallic Powder Coated Rims, 2013 Smoked Tail Lights, Lighted Upper Tail Lights, Chrome Executive Inlets, 32" Light Bar, Full Roof Rack w/ 36" Tri-Row Bar, 20" Light Bar, 4 7" Side Light Bars, 2 6" Back Up Light Bars, Full Sized Shovel, Full Sized Axe, Hi-Lift. S60R Brembo Brakes Front+Rear, 25mm Spacers, EBC Rotors+Pads.

If you've got them on flickr, you're most of the way there. Go to the image you want to post on flickr, in the lower right corner, you'll see four icons, second from the right is an arrow curving up and to the right. Click on it. You'll see five boxes with four text buttons/headings below them. Click the "BBcode" heading. Select the size you want from the dropdown (mine are "Medium 800x600"), then copy the string of text below the size drop down. Come back here, paste it in the quick reply box, and post. Got it? Good!
      2009 XC90 V8 R-Design
      2005 WRX Sedan (Gone)
      1998 V70R (Gone)

Just sitting outside the house. I'll post more after the upgrades this summer, and the trips I take it on.

Thank you skifreak for the info!

EDIT: Upgrades

A couple of simple upgrades to Toro (Affectionately named by my girlfriend). Black Powder Coated Rims done at Midwest Welding and Machine in Bozeman. Widened Letters. 2013 Tail Lights. 10,000 Kelvin HID bulbs (Not burned in yet). New Grille with Larger Emblem. Next up, repaint the front bumper and smoke the tail and head lights and turn signals.
      Last edited by oneofakind; 07-09-2015 at 10:08 PM.
      2007 XC90 V8 Sport (R-Design), Passion Red, Large Iron Mark Grille, Satin Black Metallic Powder Coated Rims, 2013 Smoked Tail Lights, Lighted Upper Tail Lights, Chrome Executive Inlets, 32" Light Bar, Full Roof Rack w/ 36" Tri-Row Bar, 20" Light Bar, 4 7" Side Light Bars, 2 6" Back Up Light Bars, Full Sized Shovel, Full Sized Axe, Hi-Lift. S60R Brembo Brakes Front+Rear, 25mm Spacers, EBC Rotors+Pads.

Great idea for a thread SF. Awesome pics guys what a car!

Scotland, scenery you may have seen on "Skyfall 007" ; )

Last edited by Preload; 06-04-2015 at 04:39 PM. Reason: pic missing

My 2007 V8. Just got it last week. I'm so stoked. My wife drives it too much now, hehe. I guess its her car.

Great pictures! Loving those ones in the snow. Made me look forward to winter again The possibility of a bad winter following the predicted El Nino makes me grin. It shouldn't but there you go...

And have I mentioned before that I'd commit crimes for a V8? They're as rare as hen's teeth over here but with unleaded at £1.20 per litre (£5.46/$8.36 per imp. gallon?) I guess there's a reason for that.

My VOR 2006 with new AEZ Rims and Pirelli Zero Rosso tires.

XC90 2.5T VOR AWD 06.06.2006 last 2.5T 256.300 km
      260 HP 410 Nm Tuned Chip + Software

Love that colour.

Quote Originally Posted by rich1068 View Post
      And have I mentioned before that I'd commit crimes for a V8? They're as rare as hen's teeth over here but with unleaded at £1.20 per litre (£5.46/$8.36 per imp. gallon?) I guess there's a reason for that.
      I get around 11.5L/100km mixed and just a little over 10L/100km on the highway @ 110 km/h. I dont really think its that bad compared to the other engine choices.

rich - the V8 really is a great car. We love ours, and the wife, I think, finally understands why I held out for so long to find a nice, clean V8, even if we had to ship it 3/4 across the country On the way back from the lake the other weekend, with my wife and our 5 week old son and all of his stuff, driving on back country roads for two hours, we managed 21mpgs. I was pretty darn happy with that considering the conditions. In general though, you guys have alot cooler cars than we do on this side of the pond...lucky!

Here's another one, same one that is linked in my signature, but figured I'd keep this thread going

2009 XC90 V8 R-Design
      2005 WRX Sedan (Gone)
      1998 V70R (Gone)

Great idea, I'll play. Here are a couple of it on a picnic and show off it's new bike rack!

Mike

Last edited by R-Design M&M; 06-05-2015 at 08:42 AM.
      '14 XC90 R-Design, Passion Red & Calcite White, 19" Ixion wheels
      AWD, Platinum, Climate, BLIS, Volvo Hitch/Harness

Quote Originally Posted by skifreak85353 View Post
      we managed 21mpgs.
      Tbh I don't get much more than that in my D5.

Quote Originally Posted by Hong Kong View Post
      My VOR 2006 with new AEZ Rims and Pirelli Zero Rosso tires.
      You know, I would never have imagined those on an XC90. But they really do look the cats on the OR. Now where do I get that "vertical takeoff accessory" HK?

I'm with you on the V8 Rich. I would park / post pics anywhere if I possessed such an animal. But hey at least we still get the D5 growl

Really enjoying all the pics, keep em coming.

Quote Originally Posted by R-Design M&M View Post
      Great idea, I'll play. Here are a couple of it on a picnic and show off it's new bike rack!

Mike

Nice! How is that bike rack fairing? Have you had four bikes on it yet? What kinds - road or mountain? I'm shopping now and I think I am going the 1up route. I have a Thule T2 on my WRX but it's only 1 1/4".
      2009 XC90 V8 R-Design
      2005 WRX Sedan (Gone)
      1998 V70R (Gone)

skifreak85353 it is holding up well so far thanks for asking. We had two hybrids and two mtn bikes on it the other weekend and made a 180 miles roadtrip. Did not even know it was back there, no vibrations in the mirror that I could see.

Racks are personal choices but we wanted one that held our bikes by wheel cradles not frame hangers. We have had ground clearance issues with the frame hanger types on our hybrids with sloped bars even on large SUV's of our friends.

This rack is a recently discontinued one from Saris. It has as you can see the optional extender to go from 2 bikes to 4 bikes. You can run with/without that as you choose. You are right that it requires a larger hitch, can only be used with 2" receiver which is what the Volvo factory hitch provides.

Riding tonight as a matter of fact.

Thanks,

Mike
      '14 XC90 R-Design, Passion Red & Calcite White, 19" Ixion wheels
      AWD, Platinum, Climate, BLIS, Volvo Hitch/Harness

Quote Originally Posted by Preload View Post
      Great idea for a thread SF. Awesome pics guys what a car!

Scotland, scenery you may have seen on "Skyfall 007" ; )

Incredible backdrop...wow. Nice looking ride too
      2009 XC90 V8 R-Design
      2005 WRX Sedan (Gone)
      1998 V70R (Gone)

Quote Originally Posted by R-Design M&M View Post
      skifreak85353 it is holding up well so far thanks for asking. We had two hybrids and two mtn bikes on it the other weekend and made a 180 miles roadtrip. Did not even know it was back there, no vibrations in the mirror that I could see.

Racks are personal choices but we wanted one that held our bikes by wheel cradles not frame hangers. We have had ground clearance issues with the frame hanger types on our hybrids with sloped bars even on large SUV's of our friends.

This rack is a recently discontinued one from Saris. It has as you can see the optional extender to go from 2 bikes to 4 bikes. You can run with/without that as you choose. You are right that it requires a larger hitch, can only be used with 2" receiver which is what the Volvo factory hitch provides.

Riding tonight as a matter of fact.

Thanks,

Mike
      Good to hear. I couldn't agree with you more regarding racks that hold bikes by the wheels vs the frame. Wheel holding is superior.
      2009 XC90 V8 R-Design
      2005 WRX Sedan (Gone)
      1998 V70R (Gone)

-- DavidV

Nice parking job (and beautiful XC)! What's on the top rack?
      2009 XC90 V8 R-Design
      2005 WRX Sedan (Gone)
      1998 V70R (Gone)

Nice parking job (and beautiful XC)! What's on the top rack?
      Thanks! My Toyota MR2 that I've had since I graduated college (a long, long time ago...):

http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...#__federated=1

-- DavidV
      Last edited by DavidV; 06-05-2015 at 04:32 PM.

I was going to guess MR2! Very cool.
      2009 XC90 V8 R-Design
      2005 WRX Sedan (Gone)
      1998 V70R (Gone)

Incredible backdrop...wow. Nice looking ride too
      Thanks SF, it is near the Glen Coe ski resort too. That may be of interest to you although likely to be a kiddies ride compared to what you guys have over there.

Dave Nice wheels and that Double Din set up in on my "Needs" list for the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidV View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Preload View Post

Dave Nice wheels
      Agreed. I saw this over on the UK forum in a thread about wheels. I like the lack of roof bars too. I saw an R-Design with no roof bars the other day and it looked really well.

Our old 07 V8 in the Canadian Rockies. Replaced with a minivan at the request of the Mrs.

Here are a few of my 07 V8 with 250k+ miles. I've added a ton of accessories including the very rare exterior decor kit. The color is the fairly rare Willow green (07 and 08 only)

2010 Volvo XC60 T6 R-Design | Passion Red | Polestar + Snabb | 93,000 Miles
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 307,000 Miles
      1998 Volvo V70 R | 2001 Audi S8 | 1992 Subaru SVX | 2004 Maserati Spyder
      My XC90 Safety Demo Cutaway Cars

I also have two XC90 cutaway promotional cars. Both were based on 2003 T6 European Spec Models. One has its complete engine and drivetrain and is capable of running and driving. I love Volvo collectables, and I think these are pretty much the ultimate XC90 items for my collection.

And last, but not least, here's my XC90 pulling each of the cutaways the days that I bought them.

Last edited by itwontstopsnowin; 06-14-2015 at 02:53 PM.
      2008 Volvo S80 V8 | Ember Black | All Options and Packages | Mods | 307,000 Miles

I went ahead and stickied the thread so it is now THE OFFICIAL XC90 photo thread. I edited the title to note this as well.

rich - the V8 really is a great car. We love ours, and the wife, I think, finally understands why I held out for so long to find a nice, clean V8, even if we had to ship it 3/4 across the country On the way back from the lake the other weekend, with my wife and our 5 week old son and all of his stuff, driving on back country roads for two hours, we managed 21mpgs. I was pretty darn happy with that considering the conditions. In general though, you guys have alot cooler cars than we do on this side of the pond...lucky!

Here's another one, same one that is linked in my signature, but figured I'd keep this thread going

I LOVE the XC90 RD with the Cratus 20" wheels. It makes the car look so athletic! The only reason I went with the 19" Galateas is because I felt that since my XC90 is a more subdued color, and not an RD, that it would be more fitting to have a less sporty wheel, while still having them be somewhat large at 19". I probably put more thought into it than I needed to. lol

Great to see this has been stickied. Cheers to itwontstopsnowin

Quote Originally Posted by itwontstopsnowin View Post
      I LOVE the XC90 RD with the Cratus 20" wheels. It makes the car look so athletic! The only reason I went with the 19" Galateas is because I felt that since my XC90 is a more subdued color, and not an RD, that it would be more fitting to have a less sporty wheel, while still having them be somewhat large at 19". I probably put more thought into it than I needed to. lol
      Thanks, it's my favorite too Couldn't agree with you more. Love the decor kit on your XC...wish I could find it in my color...

Thanks also for pinning this thread. Lets keep it going!
      2009 XC90 V8 R-Design
      2005 WRX Sedan (Gone)
      1998 V70R (Gone)

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast