V60 cross country hitch options and install - Page 3
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      I think you're over reacting to be honest. I don't think it's incompetent. Missing an opportunity? Yes, sure. But I'm sure risk vs reward was weighed. Not to mention the OEM harness does not play nicely with four pin US trailer harnesses.

As for install difficulty, etrailer.com lists the V60 hitches as 10/10. That's crazy as the most difficult bit is pulling the bumper - but that's more a leap of faith you won't break anything than difficult. It was easy and done in 60min. My other car is rated 5/10 yet you have to drill four holes into the subframe and fish wires so I'm not sure how their rating system works.

All in all, this is my first Volvo (or lux car) and it's interesting to me how reliant everyone on the forum is for OEM parts for everything - from wheels to trailer hitches. Why bellyache when the Curt (and other mfr) hitch works and has been proven by your fellow Swedespeeders? Same now that at least two people have tried the wiring harness. All in I was under $160 for both and they work - towing and hitch bike racks. Yes, my parking sensors don't automatically turn off when a trailed harness is plugged in but I can manage pushing that button - even multiple times on a journey. Your warranty will not be voided for an aftermarket hitch.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

EDIT: I ended up flexing the steel plate where the clips are secured. That plus a little extra pressure on the bumper cover got things lined up.

I previously installed the 2" Curt on my 2015.5 V60cc but was never able to get the four lower torx screws to line up with the mounting holes for the lower facia (alu-silver trim.) With the spacers and hitch flange, the bumper cover sits just far enough off the body that the lower four screws cannot be installed.

I've read that some have opted not to use the supplied spacers and bolted the hitch directly to the frame/body but I can't understand how due to the fact that the mounting area for the bumper bar / hitch is not flat. The 2" x 3" hole in the body where the hitch mounts over has a 1/2" flange that does not allow you to mount the hitch flush with the body.

Anyone else have trouble?
      Last edited by SFBMRC; 06-26-2016 at 04:51 PM.

I installed a Curt 120663 trailer hitch on my V60 a few months ago but I had to use a lot of force to pull the bumper cover into position behind the back wheels. The thickness of the plates where the hitch attaches to the body of the car plus the spacers to clear the flanges has moved the steel bumper back about 5/8 of an inch. My current theory is that the Curt hitch works well on models with round exhaust pipes but it's a bit too tight on models with the rectangular diffusers.
      2015 V60 T6 AWD Sport Suspension, 19 inch Bor wheels, Premium Plus, Silver
      Previous: 2003 Passat 1.8T wagon, 1989 MX-6 GT 4WS, 1979 GS-1000E

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Resurrecting this thread....

While cruising the accessory website I found this http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-...CC-491795/2016

Previously the towbar accessory was not visible for me in North America. Does this mean they will begin to sell them here? At the very least I would be interested in the control module with a Curt or similar receiver.

edit: Nevermind, i'm stupid. Was cruising the Swedish regional website again. Ugh - still no tow package for NA.
      Last edited by Landscraper; 01-01-2017 at 02:46 PM.
      15.5 V60CC T5 AWD - Twilight Bronze

Quote Originally Posted by Landscraper View Post

While cruising the accessory website I found this http://accessories.volvocars.com/en-...CC-491795/2016

Previously the towbar accessory was not visible for me in North America. Does this mean they will begin to sell them here? At the very least I would be interested in the control module with a Curt or similar receiver.

edit: Nevermind, i'm stupid. Was cruising the Swedish regional website again. Ugh - still no tow package for NA.
      You may want to recheck. The factory towbar and electronics parts are listed in V60 CC accessories. I just bought the electronics harness 31346065 and module 31407107 from my Portland area dealer.

I prefer the way the factory hitch attaches independently of the bumper support structure. Wouldn't it be nice if there were an adapter to provide a 1-1/4" &/or 2" receiver with the factory setup? ...or if someone made an aftermarket hitch which would hide the receiver behind the the factory access panel?

Quote Originally Posted by halfast3 View Post
      ...Wouldn't it be nice if there were an adapter to provide a 1-1/4" &/or 2" receiver with the factory setup? ...or if someone made an aftermarket hitch which would hide the receiver behind the the factory access panel?
      Couldn't agree more!

Let me know how your electronics install goes. I would be happy if I can get the trailer to play nice with the V60's traction control as Volvo intended.
      15.5 V60CC T5 AWD - Twilight Bronze

Couldn't agree more!

Let me know how your electronics install goes. I would be happy if I can get the trailer to play nice with the V60's traction control as Volvo intended.
      Will do. I'm still wavering between just bolting on a $120 Curt and having a fabricator create what I really want.

I do have confirmation from the dealer SA that they'll be happy to program the trailer wiring once installed.

You can get the factory hitch in the US. It fits really well. The electronics don't work. Well not on the 15.5 anyways. There is no harness connection it was deleted.
      http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...itch-installed
      Last edited by V60CCman; 01-21-2017 at 09:46 AM.
      Current 2015.5 Volvo V60 CC, Black/Off Black, Platinum and Climate packages.
      Current 1991 Jeep Comanche Eliminator, Colorado Red, 4.7L Stroker, 5 Speed, Fully Restored
      Previous 2013 Cadillac ATS V6 AWD. Fast, Fast Car.
      Previous 2005 Subaru Outback XT 350hp, 6 Speed, Brembo Brakes, BBS Wheels. Insanely Fast.

Quote Originally Posted by JMarkias View Post
      I installed a Curt 120663 trailer hitch on my V60 a few months ago but I had to use a lot of force to pull the bumper cover into position behind the back wheels. The thickness of the plates where the hitch attaches to the body of the car plus the spacers to clear the flanges has moved the steel bumper back about 5/8 of an inch. My current theory is that the Curt hitch works well on models with round exhaust pipes but it's a bit too tight on models with the rectangular diffusers.
      Last week I crashed my 2014 V60 with curt 13266 here in Taiwan.
      Just few days later I bought a CPO 2016 V60 CC and transfer the hitch from V60 to V60 cc.
      With both installation I can find some difference easily.

1. the depth of bumper beam is different. 2014 V60 is thicker. No idea is the year difference or the model difference.
      2. I can bolt on the fascia easily with the 2014 V60 but I can't with V60 CC. It also feel the bumper beam touch the bumper.

finally I remove bumper beam and install everything easily.

For the harness.
      We use euro 13pin plug and US 7-blade here in Taiwan. So I mod the wiring to have 2 socket.

check the PN from the accessories website.
      http://accessories.volvocars.com/zh-...CC-491795/2017

all you need is

1. TRM module 31407107 http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-volvo/31407107 though the picture from tascaparts shows different PN, but it works fine for sure.
      2. Application 30764681 request your dealer to install this. There shouldn't be any issue.
      3. Harness 31373184 http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-volvo/31373184 though the accessories website shows another PN but check the installation guide both PN should be same.

for the US 7-blade or 4-pin plug, check this post.
      http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...g-for-2013-S60

My issue is how to settle these 2 socket!

All my V60 / hitch installation / Travel Trailer and V60 CC photos
      https://goo.gl/photos/3WMRAKZHkSYNE1pd9

Quote Originally Posted by Rrrrrron View Post
      Last week I crashed my 2014 V60 with curt 13266 here in Taiwan.
      Just few days later I bought a CPO 2016 V60 CC and transfer the hitch from V60 to V60 cc.
      With both installation I can find some difference easily.

1. the depth of bumper beam is different. 2014 V60 is thicker. No idea is the year difference or the model difference.
      2. I can bolt on the fascia easily with the 2014 V60 but I can't with V60 CC. It also feel the bumper beam touch the bumper.

finally I remove bumper beam and install everything easily.
      I had the same issue with mine. It would be nice to keep the bumper beam in place but it just won't fit.

I did this myself in my driveway. It took one hour, fifteen minutes. If you search on youtube there's a video. I got the hitch from e-trailer.

Easy install. No lift, no jack, no jackstands. Start to finish: 75 mins.

http://www.etrailer.com/hitch-2015_Volvo+_V60+.htm (part)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npk5_SkdbL8 (install)

Note - I did not have to mess with trailer wiring. I only need this for a bike rack. I cannot vouch for wiring issues.

Last edited by P90Ed; 01-29-2017 at 09:00 AM. Reason: missing info

Couldn't agree more!

Installed a Curt 1-1/4" receiver hitch yesterday and had the usual struggles with refitting the bumper cover. When I went to install the factory wiring and trailer module, I was unable to find the two looms & plugs which are supposed to be prewired in the trunk as shown in instruction 36 HERE . I couldn't see an easy way to remove the left side carpet panel in the trunk. Is it likely that the wiring is tucked up there, out of reach?
      Last edited by halfast3; 04-19-2017 at 02:26 PM.
      2016 V60 CC T5 AWD, Platinum, Climate, BLIS

BUMP
      2016 V60 CC T5 AWD, Platinum, Climate, BLIS

2017 V60 CC Hitch?

I have 2 2015 V60's, one is a T5 Premier AWD and the other is a T6 R-Design. I have the Curt 13266 on both of them. I pick up my new 2017 V60 Cross Country tomorrow morning and would like to know if the Curt 13266 from my 2015 V60 T5 could be swapped over to my new 2017, while keeping the bumper beam? I removed the hitch from my 2015 today in about 1.5 hours. The 2015 T5 is getting a new home tomorrow as well.

Thx

Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      KECA Kombi - Now '16 V60 T6 AWD R-Design - Just a K&N filter so far, but love the PoleStar tune.

19. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3