S60 R Turbo
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Welcome to SwedeSpeed
    You're currently browsing Swedespeed as a guest. Please sign up or sign in and take part in the conversation with other Volvo owners and enthusiasts. With more 2 million posts our community is one of the most active groups of Volvo owners in the world. Take a moment to sign up and enjoy all of the features our forums have to offer.

Thread: S60 R Turbo

S60 R Turbo

what kind of Turbo does the S60R have, there is one for sale in the classifieds. someone asked if it was a KKK K26 or K27, as far as i know...most every late model turbo'd volvo had a Garret/mitsubishi Turbo....what kind of Turbo does the S60R have?

Re: S60 R Turbo (Ate50Ar)

KKK K24
      2014 Ford Fiesta ST | Green Filter | Cobb AP | Lighting Mods

Re: S60 R Turbo (JMn)

Is the K24 smaller than the K04?

-Eric

Re: S60 R Turbo (Ate50Ar)

The 2.5T's and T5's have mitsu turbo's. For the R, they ripped that garbage out and put a KKK in there. I am not certain which model, but it does run 14.7 pounds of boost stock, if that helps you narrow it down.

Re: S60 R Turbo (Sue Esponte)

Probably not smaller. The KO4 is actually not a very big turbo for what is does. It is not much bigger than the KO3, as far as the housing goes, but the blade aggression is amazing. So, size wise, the KKK is probably bigger, but if we're talking boost, not sure which one pushes harder.

Re: S60 R Turbo (JOSBRO)

Quote, originally posted by JOSBRO »
      So, size wise, the KKK is probably bigger, but if we're talking boost, not sure which one pushes harder.

KKK makes the K04, the K03 and the K24.

I meant, which one spools up to produce more power? I've seen a K03 and K04 side by side. It's not twice the size, but the K04 is quite a bit larger (all things considered) than the K03.

-Eric

I have my EVO Tuner contacting his KKK rep and seeing what the next upgraded turbo is after the K24 and what those specs are

Stay tuned... (pun INTENDED)

Re: (CyberDoberman)

Quote, originally posted by CyberDoberman »
      I have my EVO Tuner contacting his KKK rep and seeing what the next upgraded turbo is after the K24 and what those specs are

Stay tuned... (pun INTENDED)

Don't hold your breath...

The turbo used on the Volvo is a completely 100% Volvo specification turbo based on the KKK-K24 setup. The turbo is produced by KKK, the wheel trims are K24 and the centre section and that is it.
      The big issue is the tiny turbine which only comes in Volvo shape and size...

'13 C70 T5 '11 XC60 DrivE '07 C30 '05 S60R MT '00 SAM Carrier '93 850 iTB

Re: (Johann)

Thanks for the insight once again, Johann...

freakin Swedes

(of course, no offense to anyone of swedish decent or those living in sweden... it's just frustrating that NOTHING on this car is FREAKING NORMAL! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!)

Modified by CyberDoberman at 1:24 AM 9-11-2004

Quote, originally posted by CyberDoberman »
      freakin Swiss

Hmm....Swiss who?!

Ok... we're going to pretend to ignore that little faux paux.

Let's just move forward, with the understanding that I had a very minor brain tremor... and I'm going to turn in my imaginary mensa card for a ride on the short bus.

And yeah, I meant Switzden! DUH!

Edit: Wait a tick.... I didn't have a stupid moment at all... I was... uh... yeah... I was watching the PVR'd Republican National Convention, listening to George W. as I was typing...

I simply had a Bushism of my own...

Modified by CyberDoberman at 2:00 AM 9-11-2004

Re: (StaggRLee)

Quote, originally posted by StaggRLee »

Top this recent one:

"Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB/GYN's aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country."—Sept. 6, 2004, Poplar Bluff, Mo.

W '04? Y '00?

You gotta be kidding me, huh?

Yannis

2001 Volvo V70 T5 M SR, Classic Red/Graphite Lthr, TME Stage II ECU, 3" Downpipe w/ Cat-back exhaust from MTE, Volvo Roadholding & Lowering Kit w/ Nivomats, 17" PEGASUS, Rear Spoiler, Dolby Surround Sound
      2015 V60 T5 Drive-E, BrightSilver w/ Beechwood/Black Sport leather Climate/ Platinum/Technology/BLIS/Park Pilot/Sport w/ 19" BOR,Connected Touch,FR CAMERA

Re: (GrecianVolvo)

No he isn't. This one was on the national news a couple of days ago and my mouth fell open when he said it - unbelievable!