My bluepower stereo has arrived
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

My bluepower stereo has arrived

So I ordered my bluepower stereo 5 weeks ago & it's turned up a month early which is nice. The fitting looks a bit more involved than expected so will have to set aside a full day so I can take my time & do it right. Quality looks excellent & has a very comprehensive fitting instructions.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cool cant wait to see the install. What OS does it run?
      V50-AWD-T5-M66 FOR SALE w/some mods, Huge FMIC & Sprayer, MR Coilovers, RacingBeat Sway, 320mm F/R Rotors SS Lines, Android Stereo, 70mm 911 Throttle, F-150 Intake, Dashcam, More...
      |2ZZ Toyota MR-S| AMG ML500 | Lotus Elise (sold) | S60R (sold) | MR2 V6 Turbo (sold)

Hopefully installing it later this week or on the weekend. Os system I have no idea I'll have a look later.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by shinys40 View Post
      Hopefully installing it later this week or on the weekend. Os system I have no idea I'll have a look later.

Full step-by-step install description with lots of pictures please!

Do you have the 'basic' factory system?

Subscribed.... I want one so bad.
      -Zach
      '06 V50 T5 M66 FWD - Barents Blue - Viveka - 135,000mi
      Mods.
      '08 XC90 V8 Executive - Ember Black - Jet - 145,000mi
      No mods.

My car is not a premium so yes I have the basic factory system. Yeah ill get lots of pictures of fitting & step by step guide. I'm hoping maybe Thursday to fit it.

Quote Originally Posted by TurbineWagon View Post
      Subscribed.... I want one so bad.
      I was looking at them for a while contemplating the price, but in the end I gave in & got it. Get this fitted then maybe get air ride later this year & car will be nearly finished

To me if it works well enough, the price won't be an issue - it's still cheaper than buying another newer car with a newer, more 2010+ friendly audio system.
      -Zach
      '06 V50 T5 M66 FWD - Barents Blue - Viveka - 135,000mi
      Mods.
      '08 XC90 V8 Executive - Ember Black - Jet - 145,000mi
      No mods.

Quote Originally Posted by TurbineWagon View Post
      To me if it works well enough, the price won't be an issue - it's still cheaper than buying another newer car with a newer, more 2010+ friendly audio system.
      Very true, I've done a fair bit of work to my car so I decided it was worth it as I hate having a sat nav suctioned on the windscreen & no Bluetooth so fingers crossed it's all I hoped for.

Looking forward to your install.
      2010 XC60 T6 ~ 2009 S40 2.4 ~ 2001 V70 2.4 (buh-bye) ~ 2002 S40 1.9T (buh-bye)

Subscribed! Looking forward to seeing how it works out in everyday use...thanks for being the guinea pig!
      2005 S40 T5 AWD Stage 3
      2001 S60 LPT 2.5 swap, Speedtuning'd

Function > Form

Quote Originally Posted by drjonez View Post
      Subscribed! Looking forward to seeing how it works out in everyday use...thanks for being the guinea pig!
      Haha no problem.

I've been interested in this. How much did you buy it for? Goodluck with the install.
      2010 S40 T5 AWD M66 R-Desgin (The Unicorn) - KW V1 - FastCo FC04A - Elevate rear sway bar - Massive RaceSpec Adjustable Camber Arms - Huper Optik 40% ceramic tint - Shark Stage 1 Tune - Elevate upper and lower manifold - Elevate Intake

Quote Originally Posted by S40 R-by-design View Post
      I've been interested in this. How much did you buy it for? Goodluck with the install.
      Hi, it cost me £440 GBP Inc shipping. I haven't done much with installs before so I might go to my friends engineering shop to have some help.

Im interested to see this too. I hope they do well but this is a pricey option. I would have done it too but didnt want to wait on shipping/production.

Is there a way to update the navigation? My chinandroid headunit uses google maps. I was concerned about the Bluepower being supported for more than a couple years.
      V50-AWD-T5-M66 FOR SALE w/some mods, Huge FMIC & Sprayer, MR Coilovers, RacingBeat Sway, 320mm F/R Rotors SS Lines, Android Stereo, 70mm 911 Throttle, F-150 Intake, Dashcam, More...
      |2ZZ Toyota MR-S| AMG ML500 | Lotus Elise (sold) | S60R (sold) | MR2 V6 Turbo (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by quadcamsix View Post
      Im interested to see this too. I hope they do well but this is a pricey option. I would have done it too but didnt want to wait on shipping/production.

Is there a way to update the navigation? My chinandroid headunit uses google maps. I was concerned about the Bluepower being supported for more than a couple years.
      It's apparently loaded with all the latest maps when it's sent out & all updates when available are available for free through there website. I saw your stereo you fitted it looks ace I just didn't want to cut the waterfall dash & I'm not very confident with wiring etc, I've also just brought a carbon fibre skinning kit this is real carbon fibre sheet so hopefully going to carbon my floating dash & some other bits on the car.

Nice. So ongoing support is planned. That's good to hear. Cant wait to see this installed. Hopefully it will show aftermarket companies that there is a strong niche market for these cars.

Quote Originally Posted by quadcamsix View Post
      Nice. So ongoing support is planned. That's good to hear. Cant wait to see this installed. Hopefully it will show aftermarket companies that there is a strong niche market for these cars.
      Yeah there's a section on there website which says about ongoing support & updates which is free download. So updating sat nav when needed will be nice.

This is what it says on there website

BLP-990 software can be upgraded. New versions are periodically released. And the best part: they are available FREE OF CHARGE. The BLP-990 system bought is pre-loaded with the very latest system firmware available at the time of purchase.

Subscribed, looking forward to that. Always like nice set by step posts!

Gesendet von meinem C6833 mit Tapatalk
      2005 Volvo V50 T5 FWD Manual - Maintenance Queen

^Wow, wire party! Best of luck with the install. Looking forward to the video. A bit disappointing that the case on the DVD isn't properly seated. I wonder if the others are like that as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
      2010 XC60 T6 ~ 2009 S40 2.4 ~ 2001 V70 2.4 (buh-bye) ~ 2002 S40 1.9T (buh-bye)

Quote Originally Posted by Swissly View Post
      Thanks for the video; looking forward to seeing the install....

Stopping to pause at each cable you pulled out of the box, I thought I saw a phone connector, but did not notice any USB cable or any USB port on the main DVD box? Is there one? Also, did not catch any fiber optic MOST cables or connectors.

I get how the original faceplate is replaced with the new display, but does the original ICM display (which is where the MOST cables are connected) get removed or does the new display just lay over it? I think I read somewhere that you have to open up the ICM and connect or switch some wiring around inside it and that's how they are tapping into the MOST and getting the climate display to overlay on the new display. That would explain the thin ribbon cable coming off the new display...

Also, if you pause on the shot where you are holding up the install manual, it says that for premium system, the original CD player says in place and the BP system will only work if you select AUX on the waterfall. I have Basic, so I'm curious if the entire original all-in-one CD/radio/amp is removed (or maybe stays in place but is disconnected).

Radio antenna: Does that new antenna cable just connect into the existing car antenna cable that is plugged into the back of the original radio?

Where would the GPS antenna get mounted? Would you try to get into the sharkfin on the roof or just get it near a window?

Yoooo I NEED this thing! Does it do gps and does it do it well?!?

Edit: please someone tell me this is comparable with my 05...
      Last edited by Adriano; 02-04-2016 at 09:01 PM.
      "Blood, Sweat and Gears"

1994 850 GLT
      »2005 S40 T5 AWD«

Quote Originally Posted by dlk1 View Post
      I get how the original faceplate is replaced with the new display, but does the original ICM display (which is where the MOST cables are connected) get removed or does the new display just lay over it? I think I read somewhere that you have to open up the ICM and connect or switch some wiring around inside it and that's how they are tapping into the MOST and getting the climate display to overlay on the new display. That would explain the thin ribbon cable coming off the new display...
      If my memory serves me right the original icm display needs to be removed, just the display. And the signal cable from the icm display is connected to the bluepower unit.
      So I think you are correct. I read exactly the same thing as you

Gesendet von meinem C6833 mit Tapatalk
      2005 Volvo V50 T5 FWD Manual - Maintenance Queen

Got mine last week. I have a s40 from 2005

Installed it during the weekend and found out that my ICM is an old type with two small ribbon connectors going to the LCD panel. The bluepower screen has one wide ribbon cable so it would never fit.
      I told them about it and i actually got good support. They were very fast with replying.

Thanks, sorry for the mistake in our information. We will send you a replacement ICM , I believe you have the ICM with VCC part nr 8696495, which was the first version ICM from Volvo and only used for manufacturing year 2004/2005.

Keep this in mind that you may have to buy another ICM if your car is from those years. (Please dont buy it new, its almost 500$)

Overall the unit itself is working better than expected. It boots within seconds when starting the car. Switching between the various functions such as GPS, USB, music video clips goes very smoothly.

My car was equipped with the basic sound system without external amp. Got tired of the 20watts so i replaced the speakers last year with JBL ones. Wasnt entirely satisfied since the stock radio couldnt generate enough power.
      This BLP-990 is running good. Havent tested everything yet but it looks very reliable. Of course its too soon to draw any conclusions.

I'd love to put one in our s40.. Look awesome.

Sent from my HTC M9 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nahsir85 View Post
      Got mine last week. I have a s40 from 2005

Installed it during the weekend and found out that my ICM is an old type with two small ribbon connectors going to the LCD panel. The bluepower screen has one wide ribbon cable so it would never fit.
      I told them about it and i actually got good support. They were very fast with replying.

Thanks, sorry for the mistake in our information. We will send you a replacement ICM , I believe you have the ICM with VCC part nr 8696495, which was the first version ICM from Volvo and only used for manufacturing year 2004/2005.

Keep this in mind that you may have to buy another ICM if your car is from those years. (Please dont buy it new, its almost 500$)

Overall the unit itself is working better than expected. It boots within seconds when starting the car. Switching between the various functions such as GPS, USB, music video clips goes very smoothly.

My car was equipped with the basic sound system without external amp. Got tired of the 20watts so i replaced the speakers last year with JBL ones. Wasnt entirely satisfied since the stock radio couldnt generate enough power.
      This BLP-990 is running good. Havent tested everything yet but it looks very reliable. Of course its too soon to draw any conclusions.
      I had the same problem with my 2005 s40, they also replied super quick with a solution. I thought I had basic audio but turns out I have premium so need a additional wiring harness to run from the amp to stereo.

fabulous.
      subscribed.
      2006 V50 T5 AWD M66: 19" Heico's w/ Hankook & ISC Coilovers
      IPD TCV, skidplate VIVA CBV, Prosport boost & AFR gauges, 6000k hid
      ELEVATE: Turbo Pipe, RSB, autotech III, body kit, intake. IC piping
      EST: grille, Exhaust, DP, BELL FMIC Streetunit trans mount.

Looks interesting!

Saw Swissly's unboxing video and so I wonder, where do you install the DVD-box? Under one of the front seats?

Seems I have to subscribe to this thread aswell...
      2005 V50 T5 AWD 6MT (452 Sapphire Black) = THE tractor
      MODS = Snabbshifter - Vibra-Technics LTM - (More to come!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mentor86 View Post
      Looks interesting!

Saw Swissly's unboxing video and so I wonder, where do you install the DVD-box? Under one of the front seats?

Seems I have to subscribe to this thread aswell...
      DVD box goes in the glove compartment. I know it's crowded behind the dash, but at least the wiring runs from the glovebox to the waterfall are not too long...

Really looking forward to one of you guys posting full install info and a review!

Is the screen compatible with the existing usb and auxiliary ports?

2012 passion red C30 T5 R-design
      Geartronic
      polestar tune
      2012 C30 T5 R-design
      2004 S80 T6 Executive

A true Swede Lover!

Any install updates?

updates?
      2006 V50 T5 AWD M66: 19" Heico's w/ Hankook & ISC Coilovers
      IPD TCV, skidplate VIVA CBV, Prosport boost & AFR gauges, 6000k hid
      ELEVATE: Turbo Pipe, RSB, autotech III, body kit, intake. IC piping
      EST: grille, Exhaust, DP, BELL FMIC Streetunit trans mount.

Here's the step by step installation guide for the basic audio system:

Bluepower BLP-990 Installation Manual (Basic Audio System)

38. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast