iphone and bluetooth issues
Username
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

iphone and bluetooth issues

I am trying to link iphone and bluetooth to have Apple Maps app speak directions through my speakers. My phone is recognized quickly each time I enter the car by the bluetooth and works faultlessly with phone calls. I have tried to arrange Apple Maps to speak through bluethoooth connection through speakers and it is not working. I have deleted the phone and resynchronized but no. I have tried some tricks from the web like using an auxiliary conection from speaker of phone to AUX IN for car or using USB connection, but no. Phone speaker alone works fine with maps but is not loud enough sometimes. Anyone have suggestions? Anyone use WAZE, Google maps app or other options?
      I have no Volvo in car navigation.

iphone 5c with iOS 8, 2011 C70

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by tarhoosier View Post
      I am trying to link iphone and bluetooth to have Apple Maps app speak directions through my speakers. My phone is recognized quickly each time I enter the car by the bluetooth and works faultlessly with phone calls. I have tried to arrange Apple Maps to speak through bluethoooth connection through speakers and it is not working. I have deleted the phone and resynchronized but no. I have tried some tricks from the web like using an auxiliary conection from speaker of phone to AUX IN for car or using USB connection, but no. Phone speaker alone works fine with maps but is not loud enough sometimes. Anyone have suggestions? Anyone use WAZE, Google maps app or other options?

Have you tried a stand alone Bluetooth speaker to see if it's even possible? The software may not support it..
      2012 red c70. Polestar

My 2011 model does not support Bluetooth audio, only Bluetooth phone. I guess its the same for you. Do you have a BT option when you hit "Mode" on the Stereo?
      Last edited by Olstyle; 02-04-2016 at 12:27 AM.
      C70 I 2.0 -> C70 II T5 -> the Moon?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Try this:

When the route is active (you clicked start) on the right bottom there is a speaker symbol. Click that. You can select the audio output there. Your cars name ("my car" by default) should show if it's properly connected to Bluetooth. If you have a usb cable connected it will select that instead of the Bluetooth.

Next: When a command is spoken (which you don't hear) you can adjust the volume of the command. It might be all the way down. So keep an eye on your HU and when your radio (or any music) cuts out, turn the volume up.

Let me know if that worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Olstyle View Post
      My 2011 model does not support Bluetooth audio, only Bluetooth phone. I guess its the same for you. Do you have a BT option when you hit "Mode" on the Stereo?
      Maps uses the "phone Bluetooth", not the audio type. It's perfectly possible. I use maps all the time. Works perfect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Starting with this idea from the XC60 forum I downloaded Google maps app. Then I followed his instructions. In the App there is a Navigation button on a menu at the bottom right of the app screen. Tapping that opens several choices including "Use Bluetooth Phone" which I chose. At that point in about 10 seconds the Google Maps app voice comes through the speakers of the car and it continues even when I close the screen and reopen and restart the app. It may work without his (XC60 kcwjr) start up procedure but the point is that it works and Waze and Apple maps do not.
      I dance that little dance I do when I work my way through an IT problem and come out the other side successful and do not discover myself deeper into "Tron: Legacy" as a microbit.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...-Maps-Solution

I use a 808 Audio Canz wireless Bluetooth speaker. It fits nicely in the rear beverage holders. It's got decent battery life and is USB rechargeable. I use an iPad mini with Waze. The speaker has good bass response so I usually use a male voice for the navigation.
      So my nav system is a backseat driver.

I know this is an old thread but I did search and could not find an answer - My Google Maps seems to only work in BT mode - is there a setting or something I am missing to make the Maps app work similar to the phone? The only way I see to have music and be able to navigate is to have BT music playing from my phone -- It does not seem to interrupt the radio or usb.. I suppose this is just a limitation of the Volvo system?? **Edit - this is an Android Nexus 6P
      Last edited by Mr-Glass; 03-25-2017 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Android mention
      2012 C70 Inscription - Sapphire Black/Off Black

Maps on Android does not seem to have the "BT in Phone Mode" feature. (Or at least I never got it to work on my phone.) But there are additional Apps which switch all BT sound to the Phone Profile. The problem there is, that you always miss the beginning of a command since the car needs some seconds to react on the incoming stream.
      Last edited by Olstyle; 03-26-2017 at 01:12 AM.

Mar 26, 2017
      I have an iPhone which connects flawlessly with the c70 bluetooth connection. I use google maps. Directions are spoken through the speakers.
      I also have an iPod connected via phoneJack to the phonejack in the compartment between the seats and the radio is set to AUX.
      When I am listening to the radio or the ipod, if a call comes thru it patches right to the car speakers.
      Did you know that only the volume controls on the steering wheel control the volume for bluetooth? If that is set too low then you may not hear anything. And it has a high threshold which means that if you jump down only 3 or 4 volume notches (visual- as seen on the radio) then the audio heard is much too low- not faint but just too low.
      If phone calls are coming through then it is not the bluetooth connection as it is connecting.
      ***Make sure the 'MICROPHONE' setting is on in the system settings (of the iPhone) of the google maps setting. That must be on. I suspect apple maps has the same setting- but I don't use apple maps as I find them too inaccurate and google maps gives you faster and better traffic updates.
      Don't forget location services must also be on the in the settings for the google maps.
      Hope this helps.
      Give google maps a try- you will like it.
      I am using an iPhone 5e with iOS 9.3.5-

Quote Originally Posted by tarhoosier View Post

2011 S40 T5 Polestar-Barents-Convector Wheels/BLIS/R Type Spoiler
      2011- C70-T5 - Polestar--Electric Silver-Loaded- except Blis
      1987- Vanagon Westy Camper

Quote Originally Posted by Olstyle View Post
      Maps on Android does not seem to have the "BT in Phone Mode" feature. (Or at least I never got it to work on my phone.) But there are additional Apps which switch all BT sound to the Phone Profile. The problem there is, that you always miss the beginning of a command since the car needs some seconds to react on the incoming stream.
      Thanks for the mention of Apps -- I ended up getting SoundAbout Pro ($3 deduction from my google rewards balance So far this seems to be working excellent even for "Ok Google" items.. Will be testing this week... So nice to be listening to my music via USB and have Google Maps interrupt... Yay!
      2012 C70 Inscription - Sapphire Black/Off Black

And thank you for finding SoundAbout. "Delay utterance" for TextToSpeech should enable hearing the full length of any navigation command. Unfortunately not for Here Maps which I normally prefer but still a good solution for Google Maps.

15. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements