SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

P1 Owners: Cruise Control Question

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JQJ213 
#1 ·
So while I was at the junkyard today, I found a 2011 C70 that still had the cruise control buttons on the left half of the steering wheel. I took them for my car ($7 well spent)

I have a 2008 C30. Is my car pre-wired for these buttons? Also does anyone know how much the dealer will charge me to flash cruise into my car?

Thanks.

#2 ·
Yes, the wiring is all there. I think it was $200 for the Dealer to enable it. Normally a bit more since they would include the button and installation. But if you do that yourself, you might be able to talk them down on the software price.

Or come to the Tail of the Dragon meet and talk with Rich. He might be able to activate it for you, just for the cost of software. I know in the past, he has offered a few software upgrades at a discounted price.

Also be sure that the switch works. I picked one up from the junk yard, but it did not work... I'm guessing when the steering wheel airbag deployed, it damaged it.

#3 ·
That's a relief. I just ordered an R Design steering wheel so I'm planning on doing it all at once.
Really hope it isn't damaged. That C70 I got it from was in unbelievably bad shape. But the button itself looked great. Steering wheel had the bag deploy but it seemed okay otherwise

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.